The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #51
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
A whole lot of analysis from an extremely small sample.
No kidding. And he didn't even look all that good. Very average measurables.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #52
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Our run blocking is garbage. This fact often seems to be lost on many on this board. GARBAGE.

Ever noticed when our backs do reach the second level they go down quicker than a ten dollar hooker.........?

CJ won't be like that.............thats the difference.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #53
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Ever noticed when our backs do reach the second level they go down quicker than a ten dollar hooker.........?

One preseason game against a bunch of guys who are selling cellphones in the mall now, and you know that CJ is something special.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #54
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
No kidding. And he didn't even look all that good. Very average measurables.
Actually he looked quite good.

Yes, he was running with the 3's, but our other running backs with the same group could barely get a yard. CJ consistently had the vision to find the hole. Also, and I forget where i saw it, he was in the top ten players ALL PRESEASON in broken tackles and he only played one game.

The staff kept this guy on the 53 for a reason.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #55
Bacchus

Quote:

One preseason game against a bunch of guys who are selling cellphones in the mall now, and you know that CJ is something special.
Obviously the Broncos thought enough of him not to put him on the practice squad but I am sure your vast knowledge of football and seeing him play in a preseason game far outshines anything they had seen from him in OTA, practice, scrimmages and those same preseason games.

This team is in win now mode that is why other rookies were cut and sent to the practice squad yet he is still on the roster.

CJ is already special he is the only UDFA Denver decided to keep on the active roster and in fact they cut Hester, Ball and Johnson to keep him on the roster.

Me thinks you are the one that does not know what he is talking about.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #56
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Obviously the Broncos thought enough of him not to put him on the practice squad but I am sure your vast knowledge of football and seeing him play in a preseason game far outshines anything they had seen from him in OTA, practice, scrimmages and those same preseason games.

This team is in win now mode that is why other rookies were cut and sent to the practice squad yet he is still on the roster.

CJ is already special he is the only UDFA Denver decided to keep on the active roster and in fact they cut Hester, Ball and Johnson to keep him on the roster.

What the **** are you talking about? You seem to be operating under the false impression I don't think he could possibly be good. All I'm trying to point out to all the fools who are claiming that this guy is better than all our other backs is that they are making that judgment from virtually nothing. The dude looked good against scrubs in the preseason and looked good in camp from all reports. That doesn't in any way mean he is our best back.

Can he at least do something in a game that actually matters before you fools crown him? Is that too much to ask?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
What the **** are you talking about? You seem to be operating under the false impression I don't think he could possibly be good. All I'm trying to point out to all the fools who are claiming that this guy is better than all our other backs is that they are making that judgment from virtually nothing. The dude looked good against scrubs in the preseason and looked good in camp from all reports. That doesn't in any way mean he is our best back.

Can he at least do something in a game that actually matters before you fools crown him? Is that too much to ask?
Its a message board... WTF are we going to talk about if we cannot talk about how good we think someone is going to be??

OK everyone no comments on how good you think a player might be until it is proven on the field!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #58
Agamemnon

Quote:
Its a message board... WTF are we going to talk about if we cannot talk about how good we think someone is going to be??

OK everyone no comments on how good you think a player might be until it is proven on the field!!!!
When someone says Anderson is the best back we have he isn't talking about potential. He is making a dumbass statement based off virtually nothing.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #59
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

There's a lot of talk about how good he looked, the potential that may be there and that some of us want him to have the chance to get on the field and prove it. Him being on the field and performing average won't take away from what we have now....unless of course you are one who annually falls for Moreno's occasional good play. If so, I'll leave you to your delusion.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #60
Bacchus

Quote:
When someone says Anderson is the best back we have he isn't talking about potential. He is making a dumbass statement based off virtually nothing.
It is an opinion. Just as valuable as yours. People make opinions of college players all the time before they play a pro game.

He played on one of the most explosive offenses in college football.

How is it ok or acceptable for someone to saw Montee Ball is the best RB on the team but it is unacceptable for someone to say CJ Anderson is the best RB on the team?

ok this is funny.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #61
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

you mean CJ didn't go down easily against the scrubs.....who knows how he'll do against the starters of our opponents

That's the difference.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #62
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

amazing isn't it?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #63
Agamemnon

Quote:
How is it ok or acceptable for someone to saw Montee Ball is the best RB on the team but it is unacceptable for someone to say CJ Anderson is the best RB on the team?
CJ Anderson failed to gain 1000 yards in a season throughout his entire college career and went undrafted. Montee Ball gained well over 1000 yards on two separate occasions (had 996 yards his sophomore season) and holds the college record for rushing TDs and total TDs. Now that doesn't mean Anderson isn't in fact better, it is possible (after all, TD had a very pedestrian college career) but to take one decent preseason game to elevate him over Ball? That's just idiotic. Sorry.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #64
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

There's a reason they also drafted Moreno, Hillman, and Ball as high as they did too....and they are also on the roster, ahead of CJ BTW...

The win now mode also means experience and knowledge of the offense matters too....Knowshon and Hillman have more of it than CJ does.

He deserves props for making the roster, and hopefully he'll turn into the second coming of Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard or Rod Smith like most of you think he will

but he could also become the next Kyle McCarthy, Louis Green, Wesley Duke, or Roc Alexander...you know, guys that made the roster and weren't sent to practice squad, guess coaches saw something in them too.

Since he's dropped his man crush on Tebow, he's actually been a much more tolerable poster, and both pro and cons on how good CJ Anderson is have yet to be seen
in bold
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #65
Bacchus

Quote:
CJ Anderson failed to gain 1000 yards in a season throughout his entire college career and went undrafted. Montee Ball gained well over 1000 yards on two separate occasions (had 996 yards his sophomore season) and holds the college record for rushing TDs and total TDs. Now that doesn't mean Anderson isn't in fact better, it is possible (after all, TD had a very pedestrian college career) but to take one decent preseason game to elevate him over Ball? That's just idiotic. Sorry.
Let me see if I am understanding, so because Ball gained a lot of yards in college it is OK to say he is the best Broncos RB. AND since Anderson did not gain as many yards in college it is preposterous to say he is the best Broncos' RB.

I disagree, Ball has shown absolutely ZERO in his preseason games. Anderson has shown a lot in the one game he played in. Anderson has come from nowhere and despite the odds the Broncos kept him on the 53 man roster even though he was injured.

No it isn't a huge leap for me to say that Anderson could be better than Ball. And for the record I did not say he was better than Ball. I said that was too early to tell but I did say I thought he was better than Hillman or Moreno.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #66
Agamemnon

Quote:
Let me see if I am understanding, so because Ball gained a lot of yards in college it is OK to say he is the best Broncos RB. AND since Anderson did not gain as many yards in college it is preposterous to say he is the best Broncos' RB.

I disagree, Ball has shown absolutely ZERO in his preseason games. Anderson has shown a lot in the one game he played in. Anderson has come from nowhere and despite the odds the Broncos kept him on the 53 man roster even though he was injured.

No it isn't a huge leap for me to say that Anderson could be better than Ball. And for the record I did not say he was better than Ball. I said that was too early to tell but I did say I thought he was better than Hillman or Moreno.
The fact that you think Ball has shown "ZERO" so far tells me you have no idea what the **** you are talking about. Moving on...
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #67
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Yeah and Tebow was something in college too.

TD didn't show much in college either as you said. But that ONE preseason game got him a spot on the team. Anderson did average 5.7 yds per carry. But his 4.60 40 probably was the factor in keeping him undrafted. But hey, it was better than TD's 4.72.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #68
Bacchus

Quote:
The fact that you think Ball has shown "ZERO" so far tells me you have no idea what the **** you are talking about. Moving on...
OK ZERO was an exaggeration but he averaged about 3 yards per carry in the preseason and he had 8 carries for 24 yards against the Ravens.

so we can say ZERO + 1
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #69
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Yeah and Tebow was something in college too.

TD didn't show much in college either as you said. But that ONE preseason game got him a spot on the team. Anderson did average 5.7 yds per carry. But his 4.60 40 probably was the factor in keeping him undrafted. But hey, it was better than TD's 4.72.
I agree and when you weigh 230 lbs 40 times mean less than if you are 210 lbs.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #70
Agamemnon

Quote:
OK ZERO was an exaggeration but he averaged about 3 yards per carry in the preseason and he had 8 carries for 24 yards against the Ravens.

so we can say ZERO + 1
Let's just ignore o-line play. That's not a big deal right?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #71
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
in bold
I can agree with you on those. I am not criticizing him for saying its too early to say how good Anderson is going to be. I am criticizing him for being a pompus ass and criticizing the people who think he is good. He doesn't know and to criticize people who think he is the best RB on the roster is ridiculous. Let it play out.

I know the running game has been **** in the preseason and it was **** last week. Fox will be looking at Anderson when he is activated. Then it will be up to him.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #72
Agamemnon

Quote:
I know the running game has been **** in the preseason and it was **** last week. Fox will be looking at Anderson when he is activated. Then it will be up to him.
And until our run blocking greatly improves it probably doesn't matter who we are handing the ball off to. Seriously, I'm amazed at how little the utterly awful run blocking is discussed on this board. To me it's very clear that our running backs are not the real issue with our running game, unless the issue is that none of them are Barry Sanders-esque miracle workers.

I think this is what bugs me about the CJ Anderson hype. It's not that I'm opposed to the idea of him being another FA steal that becomes the answer for us at a position of need. It's that people are grasping for something that is entirely unrelated to our real problems in the running game.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 09-12-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #73
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
And until our run blocking greatly improves it probably doesn't matter who we are handing the ball off to. Seriously, I'm amazed at how little the utterly awful run blocking is discussed on this board. To me it's very clear that our running backs are not the real issue with our running game, unless the issue is that none of them are Barry Sanders-esque miracle workers.

I think this is what bugs me about the CJ Anderson hype. It's not that I'm opposed to the idea of him being another FA steal that becomes the answer for us at a position of need. It's that people are grasping for something that is entirely unrelated to our real problems in the running game.
While I agree that our line is not the one TD ran behind, to think the running backs aren't as much of the problem in the run game is rationalizing to fit your argument.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #74
Drunken.Broncoholic

With this passing attack im fine with the RB game being middle of the road. Ranked between 15th and 20th is just fine with me as long as they know how to pass block. Has there been a team who ranked top 5 passing top 5 rushing together? Hard to do. Even with leads I want them passing over running. They get multiple score leads then run it. I'm interested in seeing what CJ brings but am fine with the rest.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #75
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
While I agree that our line is not the one TD ran behind, to think the running backs aren't as much of the problem in the run game is rationalizing to fit your argument.
Actually it's called using my eyes. This o-line is pretty good at pass blocking, but they are **** at run blocking. Period. Do you actually watch the o-line play or are you one of the many on this board that only sees the ball carrier on any given play?