The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #126
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
It will definitely be one of the better battles Sunday....I think Julius Thomas will have a big game as Peyton's security blanket. Jason Witten had a very good game vs. Giants with 8 catches and 2 TD's
I look for Decker to have a big game as well. Start him if you have him.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #127
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Look at super liberal Requiem who advocates a "living wage" defending clowns who pay their server $5.71 an hour
lol... you are idiotic.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #128
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
lol... you are idiotic.
For the love of all that is holy, please go back your standard type of avatar.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #129
Bacchus

At the center of it all is Cruz, an undrafted free agent in 2010 who in three seasons has played himself into being one of the most dangerous receivers in the NFL.

"He's got to be one of the best receivers in the league that was undrafted," Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio said.

Broncos coach John Fox talked about what makes Cruz effective.
"I think he's got great feel for the game," Fox said. "He's got excellent feet and quickness. He's a good ball-getter. When the ball's up, he has good ability and body control to get it. Obviously he and Eli Manning have a great feel for each other. They just signed him to a big contract and I understand why."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...onster-mash-up
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #130
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Denver doesn't have much of a running game and neither does NY. If the Broncos go into up-tempo mode, which is likely, then we can expect passes to fill the sky from both sides.

Cruz will get some. As will Hicks, Myers and Randal. And probably Wilson. But so will Denver receivers, so it's just a question of relative success.

I think that, all things considered, Denver has the better QB, receiving corps, secondary and offensive line. I like our chances in that kind of shootout.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #131
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I think the offensive vs defensive competition on both sides is close enough that this game will be decided solely on turnovers. It's going to be a game of execution and ball security. We match up well in the secondary, but the big X factor is going to be the play of Rahim Moore. Both Giants receivers have the ability to stretch the field vertically, and that means our Safties need to make the right reads. Moore had a great game against the Ravens, but he has a bigger test this week going against a better QB and receiving corps. It will be interesting to see if JDR puts Rahim back in centerfield 25 yards off the LOS, or if he adjusts with more of a cover 2 shell.

I look forward to seeing if the front 7 can replicate the success they had controlling the LOS against a weaker offensive line, and get to Eli with conservative blitzes. I know JDR likes to get creative and dial up some mixed attacks, but it will be interesting to see if he toned down that aggression and lets out bigs try and collapse the pocket. With Eli Manning the key is going to be pressure up the middle, so expect to see Wolfe in the 3 on known passing downs with Ayers predominately in the 9 from the weak side. This is a big game for both of those guys because their success in the first half will dictate our adjustments in the second.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 09-14-2013 at 09:15 AM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #132
lolcopter

*Rahim
Old 09-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #133
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Denver doesn't have much of a running game and neither does NY. If the Broncos go into up-tempo mode, which is likely, then we can expect passes to fill the sky from both sides.

Cruz will get some. As will Hicks, Myers and Randal. And probably Wilson. But so will Denver receivers, so it's just a question of relative success.

I think that, all things considered, Denver has the better QB, receiving corps, secondary and offensive line. I like our chances in that kind of shootout.
I agree, the Giants do have homefield advantage and a RB that is way more explosive than anything Denver has. Now Wilson sucked eggs big time in the first week and if he plays like that again the Giants have no choice.

However if he goes off like he is capable then the Giants will be right in the game.