The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #101
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I'll give this one to Cruz.
I wouldnt.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #102
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Fantasy Football is Dungeons and Dragons for wanna be jocks
and turns Broncos fans into openly rooting for their teams opponents. UNless I can draft all Broncos' players or guys that don't impact my team, screw stat watching. Enjoy the game. Worst is hearing someone not wanting the Broncos to dominate (just win) because they have the opponents defense. I once heard," I hope we win but I want a few INT go for a TD since I have (Opponent) defense." GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

NEVER, EVER play someone against your Broncos. You damn well know you will get excited when that player does well.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #103
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Somehow a thread with good intentions was derailed by Errand talking about how wrong it is for people to play fantasy football and hang out at sports bars. Lulz.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #104
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I really don't think our server minds that we sit at our table for 7 hours every Sunday. Each of us tips $10...that's $40 for her for just one table of easy work for the day. Most of the day it's just drink refills.

There you go. Fantasy football is making it so that restaurant servers around the nation can pay their bills easier. God bless you FF!
I am pretty frugal but 7 hours at $40 isn't exactly that great. With drink refills (soda?), you are costing the establishment a chance to sell food and real drinks to the next party to sit. The waitress probably can make more on the tips side. WHen you take a table for 3 hours, tip better be no less than 25%....more if you are just refilling your soda and costing her and the owner money.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #105
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
nope..DEN will win the game easily.
Who hacked this account?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #106
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Everyone should have a dungeons and dragons they are comfortable playing
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #107
Bacchus

Chris Harris (Broncos' Cornerback) vs. Victor Cruz (Giants Receiver)

In the Ravens game, Harris was a game changer. On third-and-seven, Harris picked off Joe Flacco at the 24 yard line that led to a Broncos' touchdown. That play, said Manning, kickstarted the Broncos' offense the rest of the night.

This week, Harris will have his hands full against one of the game's best slot receivers in Cruz. Cruz came away with five receptions for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the Cowboys. The two players will often be matched up against each other, with Harris extensively guarding out of the slot last year.

For this matchup, Harris gets to rely on his experience of going against receiver Wes Welker throughout training camp. Reports out of camp were that Harris definitely held his own on a daily basis. The Broncos need him to hold his own against Cruz.

http://sports.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Chris+Harris
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #108
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
and turns Broncos fans into openly rooting for their teams opponents. UNless I can draft all Broncos' players or guys that don't impact my team, screw stat watching. Enjoy the game. Worst is hearing someone not wanting the Broncos to dominate (just win) because they have the opponents defense. I once heard," I hope we win but I want a few INT go for a TD since I have (Opponent) defense." GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

NEVER, EVER play someone against your Broncos. You damn well know you will get excited when that player does well.
I never pick anyone from the chargers raiders chiefs. I tend to lean toward NFC players. If I have a player going against the broncos I bench them for that week. I don't play every year but when I have I've made some extra money.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #109
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

They got Myers now too. It will not be easy sledding Sunday. That's for sure.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #110
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
and no matter what Denver cannot take their foot off the pedal. The Giants score points in bunches.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #111
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I just looked and see he had the most targets and catches for the Giants. If not for going net -5 in turnovers they probably win that game convincingly. I'm worried. But, full disclosure, I'm a worrier.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #112
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I just looked and see he had the most targets and catches for the Giants. If not for going net -5 in turnovers they probably win that game convincingly. I'm worried. But, full disclosure, I'm a worrier.
in this case, you should be worried every game. Its the NFL, on any given day, anything can happen. But I'm not sure why looking at statistics would make you worried. Shouldn't Eli at home be enough to think they might play well?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #113
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
in this case, you should be worried every game. Its the NFL, on any given day, anything can happen. But I'm not sure why looking at statistics would make you worried. Shouldn't Eli at home be enough to think they might play well?
Oh, I do worry just about every game. And no, it wasn't specifically the stats that furthered my worrying. I just think this is potentially one of the toughest games on the Broncos schedule. I'd say probably my biggest concern is them pressuring/hitting PM. It's been their bread and butter up until last year when they had injury issues up front. Their most exploitable weaknesses are perhaps their secondary, running game, and maybe O-line.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #114
NorCalBronco7

I wouldnt call Cruz a slot receiver because he works the outside just as well as the inside.

Rueben Randles emerging and looked very good sunday night as well. The Giants might have the best wr corps besides the Broncos.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #115
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I really don't think our server minds that we sit at our table for 7 hours every Sunday. Each of us tips $10...that's $40 for her for just one table of easy work for the day. Most of the day it's just drink refills.

There you go. Fantasy football is making it so that restaurant servers around the nation can pay their bills easier. God bless you FF!
Your server hates you.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #116
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
Your server hates you.
False. You can't be a server -- you are shorter than the tables. In my professional opinion you would make a good bar stool.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #117
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I am pretty frugal but 7 hours at $40 isn't exactly that great. With drink refills (soda?), you are costing the establishment a chance to sell food and real drinks to the next party to sit. The waitress probably can make more on the tips side. WHen you take a table for 3 hours, tip better be no less than 25%....more if you are just refilling your soda and costing her and the owner money.
Oh no, we buy plenty of food, too. We each spend about $20 for food...one meal during the morning games and one meal in the afternoon. I'm just saying, most of her actual work is refills because it doesn't take that long to bring out a couple of meals per person over the course of the day.

Therefore, we are each tipping 40-50%. No way I'd only tip 20-25% for sitting there for 7 hours. That's why we give $10 each.

$40 from one table is pretty good IMO (and yes, I was a server for 3 years). Let's say she has 5 tables total (in reality, it's probably more). That's $200 in tips alone, or more if other people aren't as "cheap" as us.

EDIT: This isn't just a regular restaurant like Applebee's or something where servers depend on turning tables as fast as possible to make money. It's a bar with seating and food as well. Plenty of people sit there all day to watch both sets of games.

Last edited by Broncobiv; 09-10-2013 at 02:13 PM..
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #118
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Except you and your FF posse pulled two of her tables together to tie them up for 7 hours
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #119
BroncosfanGuy

Looking forward to this matchup. Harris is probably the best nickel CB in the league (and one of the best CBs period) going up against one of the best guys out of the slot. Should be fun.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #120
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I dont even believe errand is a real person anymore.

Quite frankly, I believe some AI programming company is using the username to tweak their artificial intelligence and every day they go over his posting history, share dejected looks and a massive sigh and say, "Back to the drawing board, again..."

Your opinion would matter, if anyone gave a **** about your opinion.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #121
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Looking forward to this matchup. Harris is probably the best nickel CB in the league (and one of the best CBs period) going up against one of the best guys out of the slot. Should be fun.
It will definitely be one of the better battles Sunday....I think Julius Thomas will have a big game as Peyton's security blanket. Jason Witten had a very good game vs. Giants with 8 catches and 2 TD's
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #122
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Your opinion would matter, if anyone gave a **** about your opinion.
Have you actually managed to convince yourself that this is reality?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #123
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
False. You can't be a server -- you are shorter than the tables. In my professional opinion you would make a good bar stool.
Look at super liberal Requiem who advocates a "living wage" defending clowns who pay their server $5.71 an hour
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #124
extralife
Ring of Famer

as usual with the deluded errand, everything is going to come back to some idiotic political talking point.

"hey, fantasy football"

"**** YOU LIBERAL p***Y"

BACK IN MY DAY ANY SECOND THAT WASN'T SPENT DRIVING A TRUCK AND/OR CHOPPING DOWN TREES GAVE YOU A DAY IN SOLITARY AND A BELT ACROSS YOUR ASS
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #125
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Except you and your FF posse pulled two of her tables together to tie them up for 7 hours
Since when did it take 2 tables to seat 4 people? Good lord man, how much room do you need when you go out? Gtfo man, lol.

1 table, 1 day, $40. Seems fair to me.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote