The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #51
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Best 4th CB, not 4th best CB.
Yes I miss wrote but I knew we were talking about 4th best on the Broncos.. Again what does that have to do with confidently lining him up on Cruz?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #52
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I lold
What am I missing o knowledgeable one?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #53
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
He only got his hands on and defended one pass, poor throws or drops make no difference on the other 4 if they aren't a defended pass do they?
Not to get into the middle of this love-fest, but at times good coverage can force a poor throw when the QB realizes a good one would get picked.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #54
Bacchus

Quote:
Was I irrational in my response? Bacchus said Carter is the 4th best CB in the league and it's not close, even if that's true do you want him on Cruz?
I said that Carter was the best 4th CB in the NFL not the 4th best CB in the NFL, lil difference
Old 09-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #55
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Not to get into the middle of this love-fest, but at times good coverage can force a poor throw when the QB realizes a good one would get picked.
Your right, it certainly can.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #56
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I said that Carter was the best 4th CB in the NFL not the 4th best CB in the NFL, lil difference
I acknowledged I miss spoke, best 4th CB or not, I don't want him on Cruz.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
I acknowledged I miss spoke, best 4th CB or not, I don't want him on Cruz.
Yeah, I mean Harris is better than Carter so it would be a better matchup for Denver. Of course if Cruz lines up as a wide out and Nicks is in the slot I would have no problem with Carter lining up on Cruz. Carter is small but he is fast and has good coverage skills.

It is going to be a great game, no matter what Denver needs to keep piling on points because one thing the Giants have shown through the years is that they can score lots of points in bunches.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #58
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
What am I missing o knowledgeable one?
He said you're too defensive and you answered it by being defensive.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #59
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He said you're too defensive and you answered it by being defensive.
and I 'd.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #60
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
best slot receiver in the league plays in Denver. Cruz is good, but he isn't the best.
The second best slot WR is in Denver. Maybe he has had the better career so far but he is not better now.

"Cruzís 70-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter was his seventh of 70 or more yards in his career. Thatís more than any active NFL player"
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #61
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I got my numbers from the game.. He was targeted 10 times, and surrendered 5 catches for almost 100 yards (97) and gave up the longest reception 34 yards.

Since you like Carter so much you probably say, well Flacco only completed 50% attempts at him, not so fast, Carter had only 1 pass defended, so the other 4 were a combination of bad throws and I saw at least 1 drop against him.

Your asking for trouble of you think Carter can hang with Cruz.
Denver Broncos official website stated that Carter had a career high 4 passes broken up.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #62
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Denver Broncos official website stated that Carter had a career high 4 passes broken up.....
I saw him only get his hands on one, it's possible I was wrong.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #63
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I saw him only get his hands on one, it's possible I was wrong.
Well one of you guys are wrong......I suspect DenverBroncos.com gets it's info from the team vs. a. memory clouded by alcohol consumption....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #64
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well one of you guys are wrong......I suspect DenverBroncos.com gets it's info from the team vs. a. memory clouded by alcohol consumption....
Yeah your right, I wonder if it was Russell or Heckert?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #65
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Where can one get the A22 footage?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #66
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Where can one get the A22 footage?
https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...GR_GeoBlock_GP
Old 09-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #67
Action

Quote:
I watch plenty of football outside of the Broncos, it's ironic because that's what I day to folks on here..

What kind of argument is it that he's the 4th best CB in the league and it's not close, have to do with me not wanting him on Cruz?

What I have against him is I think he is highly overrated by this forum. He has had limited success and it was against opponents with weaker depth at WR, San Diego last year ring a bell? He was the top ranked CB by whom, Profootball Focus, I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt until I see how they or whomever ranked him compiled their data.

He only got his hands on and defended one pass, poor throws or drops make no difference on the other 4 if they aren't a defended pass do they? And his height isn't going to change, so he will continue to get picked on. I don't think he's that great if he went up with a polished route runner either.

I did not watch the All-22 to see what coverage he was in, so you have me there.
He had a poor game in San Diego. He was severely overmatched by the height differential on Alexander, but Alexander is a very good WR himself with a lot of talent.

I would have to go and find his passes defended..but misthrows can easily be a result of Carter being in the right position forcing the quarterback to make a tough throw.

Why do you keep saying the "other 4"? There was only 4 total.

Who is overrating him here? Saying that he's the best 4th CB in the league? JDR had very positive things to say about Tony Carter. Like I said, Carter is usually always attached to the WR when he gets challenged.

You say you watch other teams play...and the reality is, he could easily be starting on a handful of teams across the league.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #68
Action

It's sad because, it's gotten to the point where Bmore Manning sounds like he wants Carter to fail.

So if Carter gives something up, he'll be happy to cheer, "See! I was right!"
Old 09-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #69
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Why should we spend that kind of money when we can just sit back and wait for Bmore Manning to explain the nuances of football to us in post after post for free?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #70
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Why should we spend that kind of money when we can just sit back and wait for Bmore Manning to explain the nuances of football to us in post after post for free?
I'm still waiting for his source of Tony Carter giving up 100 yards in the game.

Even that is a misleading stat to be using because you have to take into account the coverage...man..zone...press man...off...etc.. like the play in the 1st qtr. There is absolutely no way Carter could have stopped Smith from catching the pass based on the coverage he was put in.

I'm thinking about getting it. I would only get the $29.99 package for the Broncos.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #71
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Reason number 1154 of why I have never played FF .

Isn't that the truth...........football is one thing. Chasing your tail around getting stats for every freakin team in the league is a waste of time.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #72
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Isn't that the truth...........football is one thing. Chasing your tail around getting stats for every freakin team in the league is a waste of time.
I agree whole heartedly.. FFF
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #73
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
To be fair, it's all given to you in very easy access.

Fantasy football is a good way for one to keep up with the NFL across the league.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #74
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
It's sad because, it's gotten to the point where Bmore Manning sounds like he wants Carter to fail.

So if Carter gives something up, he'll be happy to cheer, "See! I was right!"
I don't get how anyone could dislike Carter. He is cheap, he is 4th string, he comes to play, and he indeed makes plays. This is as crazy as hating on a 4th string RB that does nothing but brings his lunch box to work everyday and give it his all.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #75
Bacchus

I am not accusing Bmore of hating on Carter as I have not been following that close.