The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #26
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
If the Giants turn the ball over 6 times, we win by 1 million points.
They turned it over 6 times and lost Away by 5 points.

That either says the Giants are a damn good team that just had a ton of ****ups or the Cowboys are total **** to need 6 TO's to win a game by 5 points.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #27
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

The Cowboys weren't exactly stellar, either.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #28
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

While I think the Giants are a good team, I won't be afraid of them until ESPN claims Tom Coughlin is on the hot seat. If that happens, we may meet the G-Men in the superbowl.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #29
Bacchus

http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/...ding%20on%20FS

I realized that Giants slot receiver Victor Cruz, who is one of the best receivers in the NFL and not only that but one of the best slot receivers in the NFL, will be going up against Denver’s top flight slot cornerback Chris Harris.
I’m merely getting a thought off my chest here, and many of you will agree. Harris has been an unbelievable value for the Broncos since being an undrafted free agent out of Kansas in 2011, and has developed into arguably the best slot cornerback in the NFL. There was a lot of news coming out of Broncos camp this summer that Harris was giving legendary slot receiver Wes Welker all he could handle, and he followed that up with a brilliant week one performance against the Baltimore Ravens.

He has a huge task ahead of him, going up against another former undrafted free agent–New York’s Victor Cruz. This will be one of the key matchups in the NFL in week two, as Denver looks to improve to 2-0.
Harris is sure to have his hands full. At the moment I’m typing this, Cruz has three receiving touchdowns and is dominating the Cowboys’ secondary in the second half. He plays inside and outside, but he works the slot as well as any receiver in the NFL can, including ol’ Wes.

Cruz isn’t going to have an easy go of it either. He will get his, but Chris Harris isn’t often out of position, and can really frustrate opposing slot receivers.
The Giants have a couple of really good receivers outside of Cruz in Hakeem Nicks and Rueben Randle, who is having something of a breakout game here on Sunday night as well. A healthy Champ Bailey will be a welcome addition to neutralizing a team that has an infinitely better WR group (and QB) than the Baltimore Ravens.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #30
Bacchus

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...er-better-than

A season ago, Harris played nickel back, outside cornerback and safety. In those roles, he was one of just two defensive backs to record multiple sacks and interceptions.

And he said he didn't really know what he was doing all the time.
He sees the game differently now. He understands better how offenses are trying to place him in tough situations and how to adjust, be it as a nickel back or a cornerback.

"The game's been slowing down for me," Harris said. "It's really slow out there for me now. I understand route concepts. I understand how teams are trying to attack me — with pick routes and double moves. So knowing what I'm going to get is making it a lot easier for me."

And that's making it much scarier for opposing quarterbacks.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #31
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is a team that turned the ball over 6 times on the road and only lost by six. They scored 4 TD's, sacked a mobile QB twice and hit him 6 times and probably bruised his ribs.

They aren't just going to lay down to us at home.

One good thing is they don't seem to have any kind of a running game, which will help get Manning on the field more. We're in for a dog fight. At least Amani Toomer isn't there to break our hearts at the last minute like in 1998 and 2005.
I hate you for this. I was 10 when we lost that game in 98' and I cried for hours after we lost. I wanted the Broncos to be undefeated so bad, and we lost.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #32
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

The Cowboys almost gave the game away, I think they started to play a little too soft and allow Eli easy completions.
We got good pressure against the Ravens I think, and got a little lucky with drops, but I think if we can maintain that pressure, we should be in good shape. Covering everybody for the Giants will be a problem, but I think the Giants will have a problem covering everybody for the Broncos.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #33
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Harris is a stud but so is Cruz. he is the best slot WR in the NFL.
What?!?

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
The Cowboys almost gave the game away, I think they started to play a little too soft and allow Eli easy completions.
We got good pressure against the Ravens I think, and got a little lucky with drops, but I think if we can maintain that pressure, we should be in good shape. Covering everybody for the Giants will be a problem, but I think the Giants will have a problem covering everybody for the Broncos.
Denver only got good pressure on the Ravens when they started pulling away and after the Ravens LT went out with injury and Phillips was matched up on the rookie.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #35
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is a team that turned the ball over 6 times on the road and only lost by six. They scored 4 TD's, sacked a mobile QB twice and hit him 6 times and probably bruised his ribs.

They aren't just going to lay down to us at home.

One good thing is they don't seem to have any kind of a running game, which will help get Manning on the field more. We're in for a dog fight. At least Amani Toomer isn't there to break our hearts at the last minute like in 1998 and 2005.
I can't remember exactly what happen after those plays, but I think I kicked a puppy.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #36
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Where do you get that he gave up 100 yards?

And he's probably targeted the most because he's the shortest. Tony Carter is pretty much attached to the WR every time he's thrown at.

Only 2 passes I can remember him give up was the one to Torey Smith in the 1st near the goal line...he was playing a safe coverage and was lined way off Smith and Flacco just threw it to Smith at the snap.

The other one was when Marlon Brown ran across the middle of the field and Carter was chasing him from behind. Not sure what happened there.

Carter would be a great match up for Cruz if he lines up on the outside...not in slot. Cruz wouldn't have a huge height differential and Carter is used to covering much taller and faster WRs all day...so to have someone short as Cruz would definitely play in Carters hand.
I got my numbers from the game.. He was targeted 10 times, and surrendered 5 catches for almost 100 yards (97) and gave up the longest reception 34 yards.

Since you like Carter so much you probably say, well Flacco only completed 50% attempts at him, not so fast, Carter had only 1 pass defended, so the other 4 were a combination of bad throws and I saw at least 1 drop against him.

Your asking for trouble of you think Carter can hang with Cruz.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #37
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I got my numbers from the game.. He was targeted 10 times, and surrendered 5 catches for almost 100 yards (97) and gave up the longest reception 34 yards.

Since you like Carter so much you probably say, well Flacco only completed 50% attempts at him, not so fast, Carter had only 1 pass defended, so the other 4 were a combination of bad throws and I saw at least 1 drop against him.

Carter is probably the best 4th defensive back in the NFL..... and it probably isn't close
Old 09-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #38
DENVERDUI55

I'm not sure why everyone assumes it is an easy win for Denver. NYG played terrible and lost by 6 on the road. Eli and those wr including the TE are one of the better sets in the NFL. I expect a close game that either team could win.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #39
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

While watching the Dal-NYG game, my thoughts were if the Broncos can protect Manning, he will have a field day against either secondary.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #40
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Carter is probably the best 4th defensive back in the NFL..... and it probably isn't close
That's not what we are talking about but thanks!

So we should trot him out and have him line up on Cruz then right?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #41
Action

Quote:

Considering Carter was defending Smith, I'm sure he'll see some time with Cruz.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #42
Action

Quote:

From the game? Did you sit there and calculate and take note of all that? I highly doubt it. Your math is off anyways...he only had 1 pass defended so "the other 4" were something else? But I thought he had 4 passes defended total according to the stat sheet.

I just told you teams target him because of his height, but he's always right next to the WR.

And the problem is....unless you're watching All-22, you can't 100% know what type of coverage he's playing.

And what dropped pass are you talking about? Are you talking about the one where the WR had to turn and make a one armed catch but failed to do so? And you're calling that a "dropped" pass?

What do you have against Carter?

If you watch any sort of football outside the Broncos, you'd know he's by far the best 4th CB in the NFL. Do you know how many consecutive weeks last year he was ranked as the best coverage CB in the NFL?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #43
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
While watching the Dal-NYG game, my thoughts were if the Broncos can protect Manning, he will have a field day against either secondary.

Those DT's on the Cowboys are something fierce. They were getting a ridiculous amount of push on their bull rush.

I'll be interested to see how Denver combats that considering Cowboys guards have like 30 pounds on ours and still got mauled.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #44
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm not sure why everyone assumes it is an easy win for Denver. NYG played terrible and lost by 6 on the road. Eli and those wr including the TE are one of the better sets in the NFL. I expect a close game that either team could win.
nope..DEN will win the game easily.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #45
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
And what dropped pass are you talking about? Are you talking about the one where the WR had to turn and make a one armed catch but failed to do so? And you're calling that a "dropped" pass?
Sounds like all the Pats fans I know who try to do that to Welker to justify them letting him come to Denver. Brady apparently never throws a bad ball.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #46
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

I think sometimes you are more worried about being defensive than reading or being reasonable. Which is too bad because you do have some solid football takes.

Not being a dick here either, just saying I often skip over your posts because of how you react or come off. Just some constructive criticism.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #47
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I think sometimes you are more worried about being defensive than reading or being reasonable. Which is too bad because you do have some solid football takes.

Not being a dick here either, just saying I often skip over your posts because of how you react or come off. Just some constructive criticism.
Was I irrational in my response? Bacchus said Carter is the 4th best CB in the league and it's not close, even if that's true do you want him on Cruz?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #48
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post

Quote:
Was I irrational in my response? Bacchus said Carter is the 4th best CB in the league and it's not close, even if that's true do you want him on Cruz?
I lold
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #49
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Bacchus said Carter is the 4th best CB in the league and it's not close...
Best 4th CB, not 4th best CB.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #50
Bmore Manning

Quote:
From the game? Did you sit there and calculate and take note of all that? I highly doubt it. Your math is off anyways...he only had 1 pass defended so "the other 4" were something else? But I thought he had 4 passes defended total according to the stat sheet.

I just told you teams target him because of his height, but he's always right next to the WR.

And the problem is....unless you're watching All-22, you can't 100% know what type of coverage he's playing.

What do you have against Carter?

If you watch any sort of football outside the Broncos, you'd know he's by far the best 4th CB in the NFL. Do you know how many consecutive weeks last year he was ranked as the best coverage CB in the NFL?
I watch plenty of football outside of the Broncos, it's ironic because that's what I day to folks on here..

What kind of argument is it that he's the 4th best CB in the league and it's not close, have to do with me not wanting him on Cruz?

What I have against him is I think he is highly overrated by this forum. He has had limited success and it was against opponents with weaker depth at WR, San Diego last year ring a bell? He was the top ranked CB by whom, Profootball Focus, I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt until I see how they or whomever ranked him compiled their data.

He only got his hands on and defended one pass, poor throws or drops make no difference on the other 4 if they aren't a defended pass do they? And his height isn't going to change, so he will continue to get picked on. I don't think he's that great if he went up with a polished route runner either.

I did not watch the All-22 to see what coverage he was in, so you have me there.