The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default Orange Julius to get the start

According to Denver Post.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...talk-good-game

I just picked him up in FF since my TE sucked.

nfl.com had Thomas rated the 3rd worst TE in the entire NFL.

They had him after Broncos TEs Virgil Green and Ben Copeland.....HAHAHAHA
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

...and yet there is a reason he hasn't started a game in his NFL career. Three years in a row shining in TC, this is his prove it or lose it opportunity. In tight ff leagues TE can be a sizeable factor, you are figuratively living on a prayer.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
...and yet there is a reason he hasn't started a game in his NFL career. Three years in a row shining in TC, this is his prove it or lose it opportunity. In tight ff leagues TE can be a sizeable factor, you are figuratively living on a prayer.
I agree with Dreesen out this is his chance to have his first career start. Dreesen and Tamme might not ever start again for the Broncos.

TEs are the one player in FF you can gamble on.

My two starting TEs were Cook from the Rams and The Bears TE Marcetlus(SP)

I know for week one Thomas will outscore them.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
Bacchus

It looks like the Broncos are the overwhelming favorites to win the AFC Championship.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...wn-title-games

It looks like the Broncos are the overwhelming favorite to LOSE the Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...per-bowl-picks

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-31-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Old 09-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i drafted him in the last round of my draft. I had to go homer for at least one pick.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i drafted him in the last round of my draft. I had to go homer for at least one pick.
heh..
Attached Images

Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
It's called injuries.

He started in the preseason, was productive in the preseason, and has been named starter for the regular season.

Why is it so weird?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I'm excited for this start. Hope it's the beginning of many.

Now for FF, he could grab a TD and a few receptions. We just really do not know. Starting him is a gamble, but he can definitely produce.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

He was consistently open and caught everyhting thrown to him in preseason against other teasm #1s. What more could we want, he earned this.............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Agamemnon

I'm kind of surprised to be honest considering how bad he is at blocking. Dude has the ability to be a very scary receiving TE, but his blocking is beyond brutal.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm kind of surprised to be honest considering how bad he is at blocking. Dude has the ability to be a very scary receiving TE, but his blocking is beyond brutal.
With 3 WR's and Thomas catching balls from the TE position, does Denver really need to run to be successful? Probably not.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
With 3 WR's and Thomas catching balls from the TE position, does Denver really need to run to be successful? Probably not.
You can hide the run-blocking from a tight-end anyways.

The bigger concern is in pass blocking, which he will have to do quite a bit of. He can get Peyton killed.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So some jackass on twitter claimed his dad is the sheriff in arapahoe and jt just got released on bail. D Mac disagreed. Two awesome sources.. Just thought it drop it in
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It hasn't been good, but "beyond brutal" is a stretch.

And how do we know this? he wouldnt be starting if he wasn't
Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #15
NorCalBronco7

Hopefully he breaks out this season. If he does, the Broncos are going to have by far and away the best offense in the NFL. Hes top 10 material with his size and athleticism.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #16
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It hasn't been good, but "beyond brutal" is a stretch.
I stand by it. Dude has nothing going on when it comes to blocking.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Jackass was right.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #18
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
yep....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Thomas is the only TE on my ff team... he better not get injured.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
I'll have to agree with this. He can develop as a run blocker, but his pass blocking has been truly brutal. If he has to go against Doom or Suggs tonight, he will get pwned. Then, I suspect we see Virgil Green some in the game on passing situations.

I'm a little worried about pass blocking from Thomas, Hillman, and Ball tonight. I wouldn't rank a single one of them as being more than "adequate" at this point.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I'll have to agree with this. He can develop as a run blocker, but his pass blocking has been truly brutal. If he has to go against Doom or Suggs tonight, he will get pwned. Then, I suspect we see Virgil Green some in the game on passing situations.

I'm a little worried about pass blocking from Thomas, Hillman, and Ball tonight. I wouldn't rank a single one of them as being more than "adequate" at this point.
Hillman hasnt been bad. He's been in the right place. Ball has.

I'm really not worried about our offense in general. We're gonna move the friggin ball. Not to mention, if we continue to move the ball at the speed we've been accustomed to in the PS, then the altitude will also slow down that pass rush.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
Bacchus

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-julius-thomas

Peyton Manning: How will teams play Julius Thomas?

[*]By Chris Wesseling[*]Around the League Writer[/LIST]Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas has been an "Around The League Podcast" favorite since the former Portland State basketball player began running with the starters in offseason practices.

Although fantasy football "experts" who missed the boat on Thursday's 110-yard, two-touchdown performance have cautioned that the best performance by a Broncos tight end since 2002 is unrepeatable, Peyton Manning wants to know how defenses are going to stop his new weapon.
"I am not sure how they will answer it, or if they will, but it will be interesting to see how teams play Julius all season," Manning said, via the Broncos' official website. "He is a big guy, he definitely will make teams have a conversation, and that is what you want."
Manning told "Pro Football Talk" on NBC Sports Network last week that Thomas would play a big role this season. That much was apparent by halftime of Thursday's game, when Thomas had racked up the most yards by a Broncos tight end in the first half since Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe tallied 154 in November of 1997.
"He responded, did a good job," coach John Fox said, via the Denver Post. "That did not surprise me at all."

Fantasy footballers should not assign "Orange Julius" to the same one-game wonder category as Kevin Ogletree and Frisman Jackson.
Thomas led the team in receiving during the preseason. He was on the field for all 74 snaps in Thursday's win over the Baltimore Ravens. As a fourth-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, it's telling that the Broncos kept him on the roster through two seasons lost to lingering high-ankle sprains. The coaching staff and front office obviously believe in his talent.

This up-tempo Broncos offense will play more snaps than most while chasing the 2007 Patriots' scoring record. Manning is right. It will be interesting to see how defenses stop Thomas while also devoting extra attention to receivers Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Wes Welker.

You're next on the docket, Tom Coughlin. Pick your poison.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #23
Bacchus

I keep hearing some people aren't convinced how effective Thomas will be in the future. I don't see how he is not going to be effective unless he just starts dropping balls. Peyton is going to get him the ball.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

When I drafted him in the 15th and final round of our draft this year, my buddies (none of which live here or root for Denver) all gave me **** about a homer pick. Yeah, well...the guy I played last week wasn't laughing.

Possible steal of the draft.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
When I drafted him in the 15th and final round of our draft this year, my buddies (none of which live here or root for Denver) all gave me **** about a homer pick. Yeah, well...the guy I played last week wasn't laughing.

Possible steal of the draft.
I didn't even draft him I picked him up on the waiver wire after the draft when I found out he was starting. I have him on 4 of my 5 teams. One team I also have Graham. I am trying to trade Graham but I cannot find any takers.