The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Default Madden Stuff

Didn't see a thread on this year's Madden (insert 'Waa I haven't bought that crap since '05/2k was so much better).

Anyone care to share tips they have defensively. I seem to be unable to get off blocks and shed players. I usually take control of the DE or DT. Help there would be awesome.

Nickel- Dogs Blast (I think it is called that) works like crazy. Almost unfair. Played the Titans and Locker had no idea what to do each time it caused a sack.
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionfrontman View Post
Didn't see a thread on this year's Madden (insert 'Waa I haven't bought that crap since '05/2k was so much better).

Anyone care to share tips they have defensively. I seem to be unable to get off blocks and shed players. I usually take control of the DE or DT. Help there would be awesome.

Nickel- Dogs Blast (I think it is called that) works like crazy. Almost unfair. Played the Titans and Locker had no idea what to do each time it caused a sack.
Cheese or Cheesing the game is a sign of bad AI....

Madden is craptastic, same **** only a different smell each year....
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
BroncosfanGuy

haven't bought Madden in years. The 2k game with TO on the cover was better imo.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Powderaddict

I read that Aaron Brewer is the lowest rated player in the game.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Did anyone buy the Anniversary edition and know where to type in the Sunday Ticket code? I can't find anything when I search google.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I read that Aaron Brewer is the lowest rated player in the game.
Perhaps, but he looks faaaaaaaabulous!

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #7
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Did anyone buy the Anniversary edition and know where to type in the Sunday Ticket code? I can't find anything when I search google.
Go to directv.com/easpecial and then log in using the username and password given on the Sunday Ticket sheet included in the game box. After you are logged in you can change your user name and password to whatever you want.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
Go to directv.com/easpecial and then log in using the username and password given on the Sunday Ticket sheet included in the game box. After you are logged in you can change your user name and password to whatever you want.
Thanks.

Last edited by maher_tyler; 08-30-2013 at 03:22 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #9
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
This guy, reads the emails Amazon sends him and stuff. Prohax.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
This guy, reads the emails Amazon sends him and stuff. Prohax.
My wife bought it for me...it's easier for her to buy it and give me the login info as I'm in Afghanistan.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #11
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I have an Ipad so I downloaded the NFL Sunday ticket app and once you open it it ask for username and password. If you are going to be watching the game on your computer, you go to DIRECTV.COM/EAspecial

Scroll to bottom and click START WATCHING
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #12
Jay3

I've been playing the last few days, since it arrived.

Apparently I suck the root.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #13
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

I ended up buying this mainly for the Sunday Ticket offer. The last Madden I really played a lot was Madden 06 on the xbox and was excited to see how far they've gone, but overall I am pretty disappointed.

One thing that is annoying the hell out of me in how slow the interface is. I'm not sure if its just an xbox 360 thing or what, but I would much prefer the simple snappy menus of 06 over this, seeing as I do more than half of my playing in the menus running my franchise. The gameplay itself really isn't much fun so far although that may have to do with the fact that I suck balls I cant for the life of me figure out how to control a defensive player effectively. I also really miss the vision cone from 06, which I feel added a whole new dimension to the passing game. I like the in game presentation, but the realism is lost when I see Manning slouched over on the bench with a backwards hat or when Fox is doing his best hulk expressions on the sideline.

Last edited by Prodigal19; 08-30-2013 at 07:17 AM..
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
I ended up buying this mainly for the Sunday Ticket offer. The last Madden I really played a lot was Madden 06 on the xbox and was excited to see how far they've gone, but overall I am pretty disappointed.

One thing that is annoying the hell out of me in how slow the interface is. I'm not sure if its just an xbox 360 thing or what, but I would much prefer the simple snappy menus of 06 over this, seeing as I do more than half of my playing in the menus running my franchise. The gameplay itself really isn't much fun so far although that may have to do with the fact that I suck balls I cant for the life of me figure out how to control a defensive player effectively. I also really miss the vision cone from 06, which I feel added a whole new dimension to the passing game. I like the in game presentation, but the realism is lost when I see Manning slouched over on the bench with a backwards hat or when Fox is doing his best hulk expressions on the sideline.
You liked the vision cone? You might be the first person I've ever seen say that. I buy Madden every year, I'm just a junkie and need everything current. Year to year it's pretty disappointing, but I'm surprised you're disappointed with that large of a gap.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Fist time I've bought Madden in awhile. haven't had a good chance to get into the game yet, hopefully this weekend I can get some good gaming in.
I don't like the XP to progress players, making it RPG type-ish. I mean, I guess if a player plays well he'll earn the XP to get better based on performance, but it seems tedious/mundane.
Still only in preseason, I'm still getting used to the owner mode options here. The menu's are kinda funky I think. Simming preseason and then on to the regular season and Super Bowl conquest!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I love the new ultimate team season feature....love it
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
I have an Ipad so I downloaded the NFL Sunday ticket app and once you open it it ask for username and password. If you are going to be watching the game on your computer, you go to DIRECTV.COM/EAspecial

Scroll to bottom and click START WATCHING
Was wondering about this also. I to will be using my iPad. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

My PSN is Doggcow
Old 08-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I love the new ultimate team season feature....love it
Yeah, loving it so far too. I like building teams with lower rated players. I hated previous years where you could easily get 90+ rated players.

Played first season online and went 8-0 to get a 1st round bye. Lost my first playoff game to a 60 yard Hail Mary.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #20
swaiy

I usually play as a safety or the middle linebacker. I find its easier to shut down a section of the field and let the computer get after the QB. That along with some nice play calling will make for a decent defense.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Fist time I've bought Madden in awhile. haven't had a good chance to get into the game yet, hopefully this weekend I can get some good gaming in.
I don't like the XP to progress players, making it RPG type-ish. I mean, I guess if a player plays well he'll earn the XP to get better based on performance, but it seems tedious/mundane.
Still only in preseason, I'm still getting used to the owner mode options here. The menu's are kinda funky I think. Simming preseason and then on to the regular season and Super Bowl conquest!
I wanted to buy Madden 12 last year to see if I could win with Tebow, I wanted to buy it used because I wasn't paying $60 for it but the 1 year old games were still $40 at Gamestop.

I had sold some games and still had $20 worth of credit on the card from 2010 so I gave my wife my Gamestop card since she took my daughter to the mall. I told her to let my daughter pick out a game but if they had Madden 12 cheap to call me. They did, she got it for under $15 and my daughter found a game for under $10. Win Win.

Now I just need to trade Tebow for Manning and maybe a 6th and a 7th.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
My PSN is Doggcow
What is this heresy?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Anybody got any advice/tips on playing with the Broncos on the new version. I just started my season and got my ass whooped by the Ravens. So... that wasn't very fun.

One immediate gripe: As is currently set up, Von and Wes default start out of their "real positions." Get a clue EA.

Would love to hear what audibles and formations people use, general strategy, play calling, etc. Especially for the Broncos. I suck.

Big thx. (Im on PS3, if that matters.)
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
Anybody got any advice/tips on playing with the Broncos on the new version. I just started my season and got my ass whooped by the Ravens. So... that wasn't very fun.

One immediate gripe: As is currently set up, Von and Wes default start out of their "real positions." Get a clue EA.

Would love to hear what audibles and formations people use, general strategy, play calling, etc. Especially for the Broncos. I suck.

Big thx. (Im on PS3, if that matters.)
Smart Routes. Base Aligning Defense.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
What is this heresy?