The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #126
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

A friend of mine is part Syrian. He also has advanced degrees -- and knows of what he speaks. He tells me the only people on the planet as tough as Syrians are the Russians. Even the Sicilian mafia know not to **** with Syrians.

I am just telling you what I was told. MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #127
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Looks like Obama ran into a buzz saw in Petersburg. MHG

World leaders pressure Obama over Syria at G20 summit

By Timothy Heritage | Reuters – Thu, 5 Sep, 2013

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama faced growing pressure from Russia's Vladimir Putin and other world leaders on Thursday to decide against launching military strikes in Syria, which many of them fear would hurt the global economy and push up oil prices.

At a summit of the Group of 20 (G20) developed and developing economies in St. Petersburg, Putin greeted Obama with a thin smile and a businesslike handshake, a clear sign of the strains between them over how to respond to a chemical weapons attack in Syria.

Obama also wore a stiff smile before talks began over dinner on the world economy and then on Syria, and there was none of the arm clutching or hugs between the two presidents that is typical of such occasions.

The rift over Syria overshadowed the discussions on how to revive growth but not before splits emerged within the group over a U.S. plan to wind down an economic stimulus program. The G20 accounts for two thirds of the world's population and 90 percent of its output.

The first round at the summit went to Putin, as China, the European Union, the BRICS emerging economies and a letter from Pope Francis all warned of the dangers of military intervention in Syria without the approval of the U.N. Security Council.

"Military action would have a negative impact on the global economy, especially on the oil price - it will cause a hike in the oil price," Chinese Vice Finance Minister Zhu Guangyao said.

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon later told the leaders over the dinner in a tsarist-era seafront palace that any military action must have the Security Council's backing.

"Let us remember: every day that we lose is a day when scores of innocent civilians die," his office quoted him as saying. "There is no military solution."
Old 09-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #128
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
A friend of mine is part Syrian. He also has advanced degrees -- and knows of what he speaks. He tells me the only people on the planet as tough as Syrians are the Russians. Even the Sicilian mafia know not to **** with Syrians.

I'll take Brian Dennehy over any Syrian
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #129
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm just talking about humans showing a complete incapacity to deal with any issues without resorting to violence. As much as we tout civilization, we're not very civilized at all.
Jacque Fresco said it best. “We talk about civilization as though it’s a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it’s a process that’s constantly going on… As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.”
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #130
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #131
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #132
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Gaff, do you know why biological weapons like sarin gas are outlawed? It's not because the nations of the world are some humanitarian monolith. It's because the weapons are known not to be terribly effective in modern warfare.

The fact that Syria has tons of them is not nearly as concerning as their air defense, etc.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #133
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Herr gaffe simply wants Jews and Israel destroyed, and he's pissed that Hitler didn't finish the job.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #134
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post

Try reading or researching about the topics you post instead of using anecdotal hearsay that is demonstrably untrue.

Seriously, that sounds like schoolyard bragging.

Just a suggestion.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #135
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Try reading or researching about the topics you post instead of using anecdotal hearsay that is demonstrably untrue.
If he did, he'd have to STFU.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #136
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
If he did, he'd have to STFU.
That will happen....

Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #137
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Gaff, do you know why biological weapons like sarin gas are outlawed? It's not because the nations of the world are some humanitarian monolith. It's because the weapons are known not to be terribly effective in modern warfare.

The fact that Syria has tons of them is not nearly as concerning as their air defense, etc.
They're outlawed because they cause suffering.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #138
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
So does white phosphorous. It's still legal because its an effective weapon.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #139
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
So does white phosphorous. It's still legal because its an effective weapon.
While you are correct Chem/Bio Weapon are not very effective against modern militaries, they banned more for suffering they caused non-combatants vs ineffectiveness. IF that was the standard effectiveness of modern weapon system then world would not agreed to ban cluster munitions.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #140
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post

Seriously, that sounds like schoolyard bragging.

Just a suggestion.
I've always thought, you know, somewhere on Earth is the baddest mofo on the entire planet. Some guy is actually the baddest dude. I'm guessing he's in some prison somewhere, or on some commando unit. When you break down what it is to be the baddest of all the badasses, what it really means is something along the lines of the Keyser Soze Effect - that guy is just the most psychopathic killer on the planet who would kill his entire family just to prove what a baddass he is. And we admire that. Paranoid psychopathy.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #141
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
So do bullets. So does napalm. So do arrows. So do knives.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #142
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I've always thought, you know, somewhere on Earth is the baddest mofo on the entire planet. Some guy is actually the baddest dude. I'm guessing he's in some prison somewhere, or on some commando unit. When you break down what it is to be the baddest of all the badasses, what it really means is something along the lines of the Keyser Soze Effect - that guy is just the most psychopathic killer on the planet who would kill his entire family just to prove what a baddass he is. And we admire that. Paranoid psychopathy.
Whoever that guy is, he's probably a Syrian. Or a Russian.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #143
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
I know a Syrian/Russian guy with an advanced degree. He's a bad mutha.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #144
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
It was Kevin Spacey.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #145
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It was Kevin Spacey.
Unusual Suspects Spacey? Or House of Cards Spacey?

Six of one, I suppose.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #146
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
It was Kevin Spacey.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #147
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Good guess. Oddly enough, the Syrians didn't crack the top 10.

Top 10 Badasses of the World’s Special Forces

http://listverse.com/2010/01/11/top-...pecial-forces/
Old 09-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #148
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
It was Kevin Spacey.
Gaffney apparently never met these..........'ladies'

Old 09-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #149
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Not true. The use of mustard gas in WW I was horrific -- and shocked the world.

With US help, Saddam used chemical weapons against Iran in the 1980s. The results were also horrific. The US press helped to cover up the facts - because of US complicity. The average American probably doesn't even know it happened.

Israel used white phosphorus (with US approval) against the Palestinians in 2006 - -and the US used white phosphorus against Iraqis in Fallujah. These are chemical weapons.

The US and Israel have both used depleted uranium weapons -- which are terrible and comparable to chemical weapons.

And don't forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

This explains the international contempt for Kerry's self righteous grandstanding over Syria. It's total hypocrisy.
MHG
Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #150
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

This letter to Obama from a dozen former members of the US intelligence community should be headline news -- but are any networks covering it? Probably not.
MHG

Obama Warned on Syrian Intel

September 6, 2013

Exclusive: Despite the Obama administration’s supposedly “high confidence” regarding Syrian government guilt over the Aug. 21 chemical attack near Damascus, a dozen former U.S. military and intelligence officials are telling President Obama that they are picking up information that undercuts the Official Story.

MEMORANDUM FOR: The President

FROM: Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)

SUBJECT: Is Syria a Trap?

Precedence: IMMEDIATE

We regret to inform you that some of our former co-workers are telling us, categorically, that contrary to the claims of your administration, the most reliable intelligence shows that Bashar al-Assad was NOT responsible for the chemical incident that killed and injured Syrian civilians on August 21, and that British intelligence officials also know this. In writing this brief report, we choose to assume that you have not been fully informed because your advisers decided to afford you the opportunity for what is commonly known as “plausible denial.”

We have been down this road before – with President George W. Bush, to whom we addressed our first VIPS memorandumimmediately after Colin Powell’s Feb. 5, 2003 U.N. speech, in which he peddled fraudulent “intelligence” to support attacking Iraq. Then, also, we chose to give President Bush the benefit of the doubt, thinking he was being misled – or, at the least, very poorly advised.

The fraudulent nature of Powell’s speech was a no-brainer. And so, that very afternoon we strongly urged your predecessor to “widen the discussion beyond … the circle of those advisers clearly bent on a war for which we see no compelling reason and from which we believe the unintended consequences are likely to be catastrophic.” We offer you the same advice today.

Our sources confirm that a chemical incident of some sort did cause fatalities and injuries on August 21 in a suburb of Damascus. They insist, however, that the incident was not the result of an attack by the Syrian Army using military-grade chemical weapons from its arsenal. That is the most salient fact, according to CIA officers working on the Syria issue. They tell us that CIA Director John Brennan is perpetrating a pre-Iraq-War-type fraud on members of Congress, the media, the public – and perhaps even you.

We have observed John Brennan closely over recent years and, sadly, we find what our former colleagues are now telling us easy to believe. Sadder still, this goes in spades for those of us who have worked with him personally; we give him zero credence. And that goes, as well, for his titular boss, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who has admitted he gave “clearly erroneous” sworn testimony to Congress denying NSA eavesdropping on Americans.

for the rest
http://consortiumnews.com/2013/09/06...-syrian-intel/