The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default You Get NOTHING

After shutting down the government, costing many working people their jobs, and pushing the country to the brink of a catastrophic default, the GOP has caved. And gets NOTHING. Well except for a historic stench on their reputations. Can we now ignore the tea-brained Right and let the adults in the room do the talking.

Is Obamacare defunded yet?
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

MATT DRUDGE ✔ @DRUDGE
Speaker Pelosi Part 2: Opening Jan 5. 2015
10:17 AM - 16 Oct 2013
76 RETWEETS 24 FAVORITES

Thank You Ted Cruz, Thank You!
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

We will get to do this again in December..... Great
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Surely they have learned they were oh so wrong by now, right?
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,213

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Status quo. Keep raising the debt ceiling, refuse to pass a budget, refuse to compromise, continue failing the American people.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default



http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...s-this-nothing

"Many Republicans knew this was going to be a disaster going in. But just as many totally misread Obama. Just days before the shutdown numerous high profile Republicans insisted there was no way Obama wouldn't negotiate. But probably the key driver of this drama has been President Obama's refusal to negotiate over raising the debt ceiling.

Yes, there's been some back and forth here at the end, but as begging like this suggests, it's mainly been to sort of out terms of surrender. But that refusal has defined the entire standoff."
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post


http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...s-this-nothing

"Many Republicans knew this was going to be a disaster going in. But just as many totally misread Obama. Just days before the shutdown numerous high profile Republicans insisted there was no way Obama wouldn't negotiate. But probably the key driver of this drama has been President Obama's refusal to negotiate over raising the debt ceiling.

Yes, there's been some back and forth here at the end, but as begging like this suggests, it's mainly been to sort of out terms of surrender. But that refusal has defined the entire standoff."
The Obamacare implosion is just giving them another exit. They don't have to push for delay. Because it's now obvious that delay is inevitable.

Thanks to the well-oiled execution of your federal government, there's absolutely no way Obamacare can come anywhere near their enrollment goals. Which means new enrollees aren't going to help pay for all those preexisting sick they were supposed to chip in for. Which leads us to near-term panic and rate spikes.

And there's only one group who can now sit back and say "Hey, we did everything we could. But these guys were willing to shut down and default over it"
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,598
Default

The can is kicked down the road. Gives everyone a bit more time to prepare though. Would utilize it if you haven't for yourself/family.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

All they ever do is kick the can down the road. That has been the norm for well over a decade.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Quote:
Asked how Boehner gets out of this mess, a GOP lawmaker close to Boehner responded, “With a clear, consistent history of what actually happened. … to remind everybody we had a grand strategy until Cruz played the stupid card.”
Ouch.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,598
Default

74 times since 1962 is what I find. The good thing is the battle gets harder and harder to fight.

Not even a massive recession was enough for America to really tightens it's belt. I was just out in California for a week and oh man it's as if the good times are back! lol

$800,000 1 or 2 bedroom condos....you got to be ****ting me.

Well people can blame or give props the government all they want. At the end of the day we as individuals I feel are still in control of our destiny.

Our government and society is so focused on the here and now with little vision for the future. Debt ceiling issue? What issue? We have a couple months to figure it out! lol

At some point the can will get crushed and my gut says it will involve a new currency/massive devaluation.

Last edited by Meck77; 10-16-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
The Obamacare implosion is just giving them another exit. They don't have to push for delay. Because it's now obvious that delay is inevitable.

Thanks to the well-oiled execution of your federal government, there's absolutely no way Obamacare can come anywhere near their enrollment goals. Which means new enrollees aren't going to help pay for all those preexisting sick they were supposed to chip in for. Which leads us to near-term panic and rate spikes.

And there's only one group who can now sit back and say "Hey, we did everything we could. But these guys were willing to shut down and default over it"
Consumers have until March 31st to enroll. Be sure to come back then and admit you were wrong.

I'd also like to point out that the federal website is only there to cover states that refused to set up their own exchanges. States that didn't refuse have their own websites that are performing just fine thank you very much.

http://www.govtech.com/federal/State...y-Success.html

So if all states had set up insurance exchanges as planned there would likely be few online enrollment problems.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 10-16-2013 at 11:28 AM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,259
Default

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
So if all states had set up insurance exchanges as planned there would likely be few online enrollment problems.
Lolz

"Really, States, it's all your fault that you expected us to be able to actually do what we promised in that law we shoved down your throats. You should've just ignored us and done it yourself. Oh, and you're welcome.

Love, The Federal Government"

BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
Lolz

"Really, States, it's all your fault that you expected us to be able to actually do what we promised in that law we shoved down your throats. You should've just ignored us and done it yourself. Oh, and you're welcome.

Love, The Federal Government"

PIKEW!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Meanwhile, back in the land of the sane:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...dead-date.html

Quote:
If the exchanges don’t get fixed soon, they could destroy Obamacare -- and possibly, the rest of the private insurance market. The reason that the exchanges were so important was that they were needed to attract young, healthy people into the insurance system. The worry was that if insurance is hard to buy -- if you have to do your own comparison shopping and then call the insurance company, and fax in some paperwork and two years of tax returns -- that the young and the healthy simply won’t do it. Sick people and old people who were getting huge subsidies -- and maybe the ability to buy insurance on the private market for the first time in a long while -- would overcome any obstacles, because if you’re spending $15,000 a year on health care, it’s worth a lot of your time to make sure that you have insurance. But if your biggest annual health-care expense is contact lens solution, you may just decide to skip it and pay the fine.

The administration estimates that it needs 2.7 million young healthy people on the exchange, out of the 7 million total expected to apply in the first year. If the pool is too skewed -- if it’s mostly old and sick people on the exchanges -- then insurers will lose money, and next year, they’ll sharply increase premiums. The healthiest people will drop out, because insurance is no longer such a good deal for them. Rinse and repeat and you have effectively destroyed the market for individual insurance policies. It’s called the “death spiral,” and the exchanges, like the mandate, were designed to keep it from happening.
There's that Death Spiral thing again. Worry? Nah. What we really need is for these federal clowns to be the only single-payer source of health care coverage directly. What could go wrong?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,598
Default

Not only is the can being kicked, QE continues to rage on, asset bubbles build and so on and so on.........More than likely we will just roll on until the next election and something "unexpected" like a 9-11 or worse will be there to great the new president. Meanwhile the poor got their health insurance, the millionaires make their way to becoming billionaires, the billionaires become trillionaires, the average joes get their 401ks sucked down the toilet because they can't see the trend coming even though it's like a freight train rumbling straight at them.

Obama is truly the best Wall Street president they could wish for.


http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell...ave-in-common/

Last edited by Meck77; 10-16-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #19
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Consumers have until March 31st to enroll. Be sure to come back then and admit you were wrong.

I'd also like to point out that the federal website is only there to cover states that refused to set up their own exchanges. States that didn't refuse have their own websites that are performing just fine thank you very much.

http://www.govtech.com/federal/State...y-Success.html

So if all states had set up insurance exchanges as planned there would likely be few online enrollment problems.
My hope is that in worst case scenario, States such as Colorado will keep the health exchanges and the reforms even if Nationally it becomes a mess... I'd like to see us adopt a Massachusetts model... better care, everybody being covered, it would be a real boon to Colorado compared to States who shaft their own people time and again.

If States like Alabama, LA, Texas among others want to screw their people, so be it, let them. I am not going to live somewhere like that anyway, and if I want to go to any of those places I can rent a place... I atually like htis being State based beter anyway.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,561
Default

So this is 43 failed attempt to derail the ACA? bravo rightardsFear not though omane sheep, Boner said he will continue to fight obamacare
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
My hope is that in worst case scenario, States such as Colorado will keep the health exchanges and the reforms even if Nationally it becomes a mess... I'd like to see us adopt a Massachusetts model... better care, everybody being covered, it would be a real boon to Colorado compared to States who shaft their own people time and again.

If States like Alabama, LA, Texas among others want to screw their people, so be it, let them. I am not going to live somewhere like that anyway, and if I want to go to any of those places I can rent a place... I atually like htis being State based beter anyway.
From what I read the state that you want to model Colorado off of is Kentucky. They done an outstanding job of creating their exchange and bridging the Medicare/Medicad gap.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
Meanwhile, back in the land of the sane:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...dead-date.html



There's that Death Spiral thing again. Worry? Nah. What we really need is for these federal clowns to be the only single-payer source of health care coverage directly. What could go wrong?
"The land of the sane?" Is that what you call it? Umm... okaaaaayyy....

But once again, be sure to come back in April of next year to admit you were wrong about the "death spiral." Looking forward to it.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
"The land of the sane?" Is that what you call it? Umm... okaaaaayyy....

But once again, be sure to come back in April of next year to admit you were wrong about the "death spiral.: Looking forward to it.
So your best hope is that all the people who were dumped onto the exchanges as of Jan 1 might be able to sign up by April? Good luck with that message.

Besides, the biggest problem is with Obamacare hitting its numbers. If it falls significantly short, rates under the "affordable care act" go way up next year. That is if the rate shock this year isn't enough to bring about the same effect right away...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ealth-coverage

Quote:
It's been major sticker shock for most of my clients and prospects," said Rich Fahn, president of the Northbrook-based insurance broker Excell Benefit Group. "I'm telling (clients) that everything they know historically about health plans has changed. They either have to pay more out-of-pocket or more premiums or both. It's an overwhelming concern."

Plans with the least expensive monthly premiums — highlighted by state and federal officials as proof the new law will keep costs low for consumers — have deductibles as high as $6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for families, the highest levels allowed under the law.

The more it sinks in with people what a fiasco it is, the much less likely the White House is going to see anything like the numbers it needs.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
So your best hope is that all the people who were dumped onto the exchanges as of Jan 1 might be able to sign up by April? Good luck with that message.

Besides, the biggest problem is with Obamacare hitting its numbers. If it falls significantly short, rates under the "affordable care act" go way up next year. That is if the rate shock this year isn't enough to bring about the same effect right away...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ealth-coverage


The more it sinks in with people what a fiasco it is, the much less likely the White House is going to see anything like the numbers it needs.
Uh huh. Making stuff up here (speculation). And conservative editorials with cherry-picked anecdotes prove nothing.

You know crow tastes better with ketchup. I'd stock up if I were you.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 10-16-2013 at 02:44 PM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Uh huh. Making stuff up here (speculation). And conservative editorials with cherry-picked anecdotes prove nothing.

You know crow tastes better with ketchup. I'd stock up if I were you.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...rance-premiums

Who knew the Chicago Tribune went Conservative?

Learn something every day.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Denver Broncos