The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default Week 4 podcast questions

What say you?

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

What (if any) effect do you see JDR and the potential USC hiring having on the defense as the season progresses?
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Bump.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Was what I watched this afternoon considered rape
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Was what I watched this afternoon considered rape

Only if the eagles can provide 3 male witnesses who are family.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Is there anywhere on the internet where I can get a critical opinion of the first half defensive performance combined with a mix of limp-wristed political opinions and (most importantly) Tebow updates?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Is there anywhere on the internet where I can get a critical opinion of the first half defensive performance combined with a mix of limp-wristed political opinions and (most importantly) Tebow updates?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112307

Old 09-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

When did Knowshon Moreno become a legit NFL starter? Why was the contain defense so bad in the 1st half? Will Del Rio take the USC position and if so how bad will that be for Denver given that Dennis Allen doesn't appear to be available? If the quadrature of the circle is just sqrt(pi)*r why is it not possible to solve it graphically?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

I will be looking forward to the competition between the host and guest hosts as to who can impersonate Manning the best...with the key being the most creative use of OMAHA in the cadence. That is my question.

and one other off topic Question:
TJ do the Vandals (1-4) beat the UNLV Rebels (3-2) at the Kibbeydome (sp?)?

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 09-29-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Same a last week (can't believe you ignored such an interesting question!!) - Is our running game problems (much less an issue this game) more our RBs or an O-Line that is only so so in run game? And while I am at it, any indications that Alex Gibbs might be starting the influence the running game with zone blocking consulting?
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #11
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

16-0?

19-0?

Could this be the best football team in NFL history?
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #12
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default Questions for the podcast: Week 4 Eagles vs. Broncos

Holy $h!t. 52 points for this offense, breaking a previous franchise of 50. This offense seems unstopable. The only times that the Broncos get stopped is when our receiver drop passes (DECKER!).

Offense:
1.) I don't know if you guys have noticed but it seems like in the last few games that DT hasn't gotten the ball deep. Is this because of the way defenses are playing DT with deep safetey shell over him or is that just the way we're playing DT?
2.) I think the one thing that would turn our offense greatest of all time to a true unstopable juggernaut is the run game. You think we could start using some FB sets to start blowing people out of the hole?
3.) OJ hasn't had a game like he did vs. the ratbirds. What kind of defenses are you guys seeing being used against him?

Defense:
1.) Lets Give DRC some love here. He shut down one of the better WR in the NFL in Desean Jackson. Now JDR plays a lot of 1-1. Can it just be that simple and stop asking him play zone? Or is there something more to JDR coaching and DRC being a great player?
2.) The eagles did expose a "chink" in our defensive armour with the read-option running game. Who the next read-option team that you see in the horizon that might give us fits like in this game?

Note: I now a lot of people were p!$$ed that we weren't able to stop them in the first half with the read-option running. But I think that people have to remember is most of the yards we gave up was to Vick. And on traditional hand-offs Broncos shut down there run game.

3.) We are still without Von in out pass defense. In the first half Broncos weren't able to generate a pass rush trying to keep there gap disapline. You think that once we get Von back we'll let the hounds loose?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #13
pricejj
jungle

Will Brock Osweiler get a game ball for breaking the Broncos all-time single-game franchise scoring record?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #14
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Holy $h!t. 52 points for this offense, breaking a previous franchise of 50. This offense seems unstopable. The only times that the Broncos get stopped is when our receiver drop passes (DECKER!).

Offense:
1.) I don't know if you guys have noticed but it seems like in the last few games that DT hasn't gotten the ball deep. Is this because of the way defenses are playing DT with deep safetey shell over him or is that just the way we're playing DT?
2.) I think the one thing that would turn our offense greatest of all time to a true unstopable juggernaut is the run game. You think we could start using some FB sets to start blowing people out of the hole?
3.) OJ hasn't had a game like he did vs. the ratbirds. What kind of defenses are you guys seeing being used against him?

Defense:
1.) Lets Give DRC some love here. He shut down one of the better WR in the NFL in Desean Jackson. Now JDR plays a lot of 1-1. Can it just be that simple and stop asking him play zone? Or is there something more to JDR coaching and DRC being a great player?
2.) The eagles did expose a "chink" in our defensive armour with the read-option running game. Who the next read-option team that you see in the horizon that might give us fits like in this game?

Note: I now a lot of people were p!$$ed that we weren't able to stop them in the first half with the read-option running. But I think that people have to remember is most of the yards we gave up was to Vick. And on traditional hand-offs Broncos shut down there run game.

3.) We are still without Von in out pass defense. In the first half Broncos weren't able to generate a pass rush trying to keep there gap disapline. You think that once we get Von back we'll let the hounds loose?
Offense:
1) I'm guessing teams are keying on that quite a bit with their safeties. DT is one of the most dangerous deep threats in the game.
2) We have 2 and 3 TE sets for that purpose. FB isn't really a thing in this offense.
3) Manning just distributes the ball. We have so many weapons. I wouldn't read too much into it. JT will probably have more big games when the coverages dictate that he's the best option like in the Ravens game.

Defense:
1) Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.
2) Redskins, though Von will be back then.
3) When we get Von back everyone should just forfeit the rest of the year and they should hand deliver the Lombardi to Dove Valley.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:13 AM   #15
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Any thoughts on how Brock didn't look like the super awesome QBOF last night in the 4th?
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Through four weeks we've had two kick returns for TD's while also blocking two punts. We've not allowed any big returns. Our special teams unit has basically dominated. So how about some love for Jeff Rodgers and the job he's done with them over the last few years?

Also,

What in the hell were the Texans thinking when they released Holliday? Seriously, what was the logic there?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Through four weeks we've had two kick returns for TD's while also blocking two punts. We've not allowed any big returns. Our special teams unit has basically dominated. So how about some love for Jeff Rodgers and the job he's done with them over the last few years?

Also,

What in the hell were the Texans thinking when they released Holliday? Seriously, what was the logic there?
The Texans needed a linebacker after Cushing went down and kick returner is often the bottom of the pile on the depth chart. He had yet to prove himself like he has as well. I think he had like 3 return TDs in preseason, but none in 4 weeks he had in the regular season with the Texans.

Also, not enough kudos are given to our blockers on punts/kickoffs and our special teams coach. Trindon has some amazing returns without much help (see: DEN vs. NYG), but Trindon just had to run really fast through gaping holes when he scores his TD against the Iggles. Our entire special teams unit is playing lights out right now.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Taco - Im out for this one.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Taco - Im out for this one.

What's the point of even doing it?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

What's the point of even doing it?
Looking forward to hearing you guys, and personally, if I dont have a new recording of your voice I wont be able to make love to my girlfriend. At least not with the same vigor and tenderness she's grown accustomed to after several weeks of podcast season.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #21
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

What, if anything, is the development and continued use of Julius going to end up meaning for Tamme and/or Dreesen?

Which would you keep with JT if you had to dump one?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
What, if anything, is the development and continued use of Julius going to end up meaning for Tamme and/or Dreesen?

I do think this is a good question. Will the return of Dreesen change the TE rotation and specifically does it mean fewer snaps for JT or Green or both?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Offense:
1) I'm guessing teams are keying on that quite a bit with their safeties. DT is one of the most dangerous deep threats in the game.
2) We have 2 and 3 TE sets for that purpose. FB isn't really a thing in this offense.
3) Manning just distributes the ball. We have so many weapons. I wouldn't read too much into it. JT will probably have more big games when the coverages dictate that he's the best option like in the Ravens game.

Defense:
1) Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.
2) Redskins, though Von will be back then.
3) When we get Von back everyone should just forfeit the rest of the year and they should hand deliver the Lombardi to Dove Valley.
good one.

Here's another question for the panel:
In a previous podcast someone said that during these blowout wins, our defense switches to more cloud coverages. How do these defenses prevent anything? Just keep playing man-to-man and have three safeties play the deep thirds?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #24
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post

I suggested pre-season we should consider trading Tamme and got killed! Still not a bad idea - Dressen is our blocker and Virgel is emerging as a very balanced TE.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Offense:
Probably also due in part to this just not being a downfield passing offense. A lot more underneath stuff with occasional deep shots (like the one that was overthrown to Decker). DT will be on the receiving end of one sooner or later.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote