The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #151
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Christ Johanson?
Yep, CK2J
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #152
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,423
Default

I think some are being a bit too hard on Hillman
The fumbles are clearly unacceptable
And because of this I would put him 3rd on the depth chart

However I think he has been solid in terms of running the ball
He has quickness and when he makes up his mind and cuts up field he shows good burst

He still is the youngest player on the team I believe
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #153
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yep, CK2J
I remember him, he did a cameo in Star Wars right? Guys got some wheels.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #154
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yep, CK2J

My nickname. I wont tell you how I got it. Or where. But yes. CJ2K.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #155
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Hillman is 21. Not even close to realizing his potential. And I'm willing to bet that not one single coach in the Broncos organization feels like you about the kid.

Oh, and Shonn Greene is 28 and terrible.
Yeah, they love Hillman so much they went out and spent a 2nd rounder on Ball this year. You're a dummy.

And Hillman is actually very close to realizing his potential when he gets cut in February.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #156
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I remember him, he did a cameo in Star Wars right? Guys got some wheels.
You got 'em mixed up. CK2J has legs and is fluent in over 5000 languages.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #157
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yeah, they love Hillman so much they went out and spent a 2nd rounder on Ball this year. You're a dummy.

...21 year old undersized back who at the time was the only healthy RB on the roster. Both Moreno and McGahee were banged up.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #158
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That wasn't TD.
Sorry, but yeah...it was

1 10 DEN 23 Terrell Davis for 3 yards. Terrell Davis fumbles, recovered by Tyrone Williams

the score was 17-14 at halftime...on the Broncos first play of their first possesion of the 3rd quarter Davis fumbled the ball...the Packers ensuing drive netted a 27yd FG tying the game at 17-17.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #159
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yeah, they love Hillman so much they went out and spent a 2nd rounder on Ball this year. You're a dummy.

And Hillman is actually very close to realizing his potential when he gets cut in February.
They drafted Ball to replace McGahee...not Hillman
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #160
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Yeah, they love Hillman so much they went out and spent a 2nd rounder on Ball this year. You're a dummy.

And Hillman is actually very close to realizing his potential when he gets cut in February.
If the coaching staff agrees with you, why wait until February? Why not just cut him now and re-sign McGahee or some scrub off the pile?

Also, if he is the bust you claim, why is he still starting in pre-season? Why waste valuable playing time on such a dud? If the staff thought about him as you do, wouldn't he be behind even Lance Ball on the depth chart?
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #161
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
They drafted Ball to replace McGahee...not Hillman
Seems simple to me.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #162
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,872
Default

It will be kind of amusing if Hillman plays a large role in the offense and does not fumble.

Crazier things have happened.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #163
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
No doubt Shawn Grean and Chris Johnson will both break off 3k each this year.
Is that money on hookers at CJ2k sex house?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #164
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Is that money on hookers at CJ2k sex house?
That budget isn't even getting them through preseason.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #165
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
They drafted Ball to replace McGahee...not Hillman
Bamm
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #166
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
You got 'em mixed up. CK2J has legs and is fluent in over 5000 languages.
Oh right I must have been thinking about R3G3.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #167
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
It will be kind of amusing if Hillman plays a large role in the offense and does not fumble.

Crazier things have happened.

Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #168
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Oh right I must have been thinking about R3G3.
He was the 2nd droid picked in the Rebel Alliance's draft last year.


**** man, I must be bored.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #169
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
Yes.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #170
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 29,202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.

Knowshon fumbled in the Atlanta game and the cries of "he always fumbles" came out, despite evidence to the contrary.....he then takes over for an injured McGahee, whose fumbles evidently are less damaging in the eyes of most on here and Moreno hasn't fumbled since.
Of course Knowshon didn't fumble as much as local Omane folklore would have you believe. He couldn't fumble that many times when he was injured and not playing half the games.


(see what I did there?)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #171
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well it's typical OM emotional crapola....they hate Hillman because he's not the guy they wanted the Broncos to draft, or they have a hard-on for CJ Anderson because he ran over some lit majors who will be selling insurance next week.
whoa whoa man. I was a lit major and no one would hire me for anything like that
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #172
fwf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default


Report: Cards put RB Williams on trade block

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.



It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #173
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post

Report: Cards put RB Williams on trade block

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Cardinals have placed Ryan Williams on the trade block.



It's an indication Williams is not in the Cards' 2013 plans, and will be waived at final cuts if no taker is found. Williams is likely available for a seventh-round pick. Still only 23 years old, Williams has been beset by various injuries going back to his redshirt freshman year at Virginia Tech. He was a big-time talent before the array of ailments, and was drafted 38th overall in 2011. Williams made his 2013 preseason debut on Saturday night, rushing twice for ten yards. We wouldn't be surprised if someone bites
We should bring him in. He and Knowshon would be deadly running the Stationary Bike By Commity.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #174
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Kiszla: With Hillman's struggles, Broncos need to find a better running back
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
POSTED: 08/25/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT87 COMMENTS


Denver Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman catches a short pass he eventually fumbled in the second quarter at Sports Authority Field. (Steve Nehf, The Denver Post)
Oops, Ronnie "Fumble!" Hillman did it again.

The Broncos are knee deep and stuck in a quandary at running back.

What did Denver find out in the most important dress rehearsal of the NFL preseason, in a game against St. Louis?

It's open casting for a starting running back worthy of quarterback Peyton Manning's trust. If I were the legal representation for a veteran NFL street free agent, I would have been leaving messages Saturday night with John Elway.

In the race for starting running back, only one thing is certain: It cannot be Hillman.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...r-running-back
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #175
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

wow, Kizla sucks. You are a turd Kizla!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Denver Broncos