The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #51
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Hate all you want, but Hillman reminds me of Portis. Less carries in year 1 than Portis, but same issues with ball security that Portis had.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #52
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Champ averageg 1 TD given up per attempt last year's playoff game vs. ratbirds. The dude was turned into a chump up and down the field in the biggest game of his career.

I think we've seen all we need to see.
Lol whaaa
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #53
Stuck in Cali

I won't go as far as get rid of Hillman, but I do not see what the coaches see in him as the starter.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #54
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Hillman has probably hurt his chances of being the opening day starter, but then again Ball hasn't done enough yet to say he's the #1 guy either. I'm guessing Fox will use all 3 RB's (Hillman, Ball, Moreno) and ride whoever has the hot hand.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #55
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
3 preseason games and 3 fumbles...... Just resign McGahee and play Ball and Moreno. I've ****ing seen enough....further 2 of his fumbles led directly to 2 TDs. He's not an NFL player...
McGahee should have never been cut. He never had a fumbling problem in his whole career until Denver. It is conceivable that he could work on it and not fumble this year. He was the best Running back 4.4. YPC and he was the best blocker. Why Keep Jacob Hester and let McGahee go? They have plenty of cap space.

I never bought Hillman as Denver's starting RB. He never breaks a tackle, he really doesn't have good agility. All he has is straight-line speed and I think that is very overrated.

As of now Denver should start Moreno.

They won't do that because they know it will look like they failed, which they have.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #56
errand
Ring of Famer

well, after reading all the "expert analysis" from clowns in this thread, I'm guessing we need to get rid of all our RB's as they all suck....Moreno has sucked since day one, Ball hasn't done ****, and hillman sucks ass as well...not to mention Lance Ball sucks and C.J. is our only hope because he ran well against guys who'll be on the waiver wire next week.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #57
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Hillman is garbage. I don't see any reason for him to even touch the ball this yr. Broncos should not play him. Broncos should bring back Mcghee if he gets healthy. Also Ball, both of them, suck balls.

I don't need to here how Montee ball just needs to learn. He's just slow and has no moves. You can't teach that.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Montee Ball = No Wiggle in his run
Hillman = Just not physical enough for the NFL
Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #59
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Broncos only hope Errand is to throw the ball a lot. But... the team seems a lot like last yr to me. Talented but just a bunch of cluster****s when it comes to mistakes, turnovers, and give the other team easy tds. I don't know if its bad coaching or just some crappy players but the Broncos don't play smart football. This Broncos team rarely plays mistake free football and its what cost them a shot at going to the Superbowl last yr.

You give the ball up like Broncos do you will fall short every yr. Hillman? He's a friggin joke there is no way Broncos can give him the ball when anything important is going on.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Hillman has probably hurt his chances of being the opening day starter, but then again Ball hasn't done enough yet to say he's the #1 guy either. I'm guessing Fox will use all 3 RB's (Hillman, Ball, Moreno) and ride whoever has the hot hand.
I'm guessing it bites us in the ass all yr with no rb to lean on in short yardage. Hell I would give Hester a look to see if he can gain 2 yrs a carry without fumbling. Thats what we need someone who can get 2-3 yrds when its 3-2 3-1. Someone who can score from inside the 5 yrd line and pick a blitz here and there. Seriously Hillman? Do you suck that much? How hard is it to hold on to the ****ing ball?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #61
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
well, after reading all the "expert analysis" from clowns in this thread, I'm guessing we need to get rid of all our RB's as they all suck....
it's not like it is impossible that they actually do all suck. plenty of teams don't have any good backs.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #62
Drunken.Broncoholic

Ya they do suck. Moreno gets hurt with the wind and hillman can suck a mean dick. **** them all.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #63
errand
Ring of Famer

at all the doomsayers on here.....
Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #64
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
at all the doomsayers on here.....
I just got back from First City music festival. I didnt even watch the game but I'm hammered as hell and saw the mean thread so I'd thought I'd engage.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I just got back from First City music festival. I didnt even watch the game but I'm hammered as hell and saw the mean thread so I'd thought I'd engage.
Well I'm sure alcohol has a lot to do with the majority of the posters whining like vaginas.....it clouds their judgement.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #66
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm amazed Hillman is getting a shot at the starting job to begin with. He'd make a great scat back and third-down weapon, but he is not physically suited for carrying the rock early and often. Dude is just too small and it shows when he gets noticeably overwhelmed by the bigger and stronger linebackers.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
McGahee should have never been cut. He never had a fumbling problem in his whole career until Denver. It is conceivable that he could work on it and not fumble this year. He was the best Running back 4.4. YPC and he was the best blocker. Why Keep Jacob Hester and let McGahee go? They have plenty of cap space.

I never bought Hillman as Denver's starting RB. He never breaks a tackle, he really doesn't have good agility. All he has is straight-line speed and I think that is very overrated.

As of now Denver should start Moreno.

They won't do that because they know it will look like they failed, which they have.
McGahee doesn't play ST's. And he really was nothing special.

And doesn't even have a job right now.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #68
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Hillman was a fumbler in college as well. I thought he should have stayed for another year before going to the NFL, plus I would have gotten to watch him for another year at SDSU.

Though, he'd probably still be a fumbler either way.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #69
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos only hope Errand is to throw the ball a lot. But... the team seems a lot like last yr to me. Talented but just a bunch of cluster****s when it comes to mistakes, turnovers, and give the other team easy tds. I don't know if its bad coaching or just some crappy players but the Broncos don't play smart football. This Broncos team rarely plays mistake free football and its what cost them a shot at going to the Superbowl last yr.

You give the ball up like Broncos do you will fall short every yr. Hillman? He's a friggin joke there is no way Broncos can give him the ball when anything important is going on.
Sometimes I think we watch a different team.

That's how you describe our team last year? Talented but a bunch of cluster****s? We went on an 11 game winning streak with our wins averaging over a touchdown.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #70
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

You guys are so forgetful ... wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth, you forget we again have the "Patron Saint of Turning an Ordinary Back into a Thousand Yard Back!"

. . . . . "Mellow out ... I got this!"
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #71
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
You guys are so forgetful ... wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth, you forget we again have the "Patron Saint of Turning an Ordinary Back into a Thousand Yard Back!"

. . . . . "Mellow out ... I got this!"
this is one of the problems with our running game.

not Gibbs himself, but this preseason we've been doing a little bit of everything and getting none of it right. Gibbs always said you can't run the outside zone effectively unless you build your entire team around it. we just kind of toss it in there with a power running game here and a little pistol there and oh yeah our base set is 3WR
Old 08-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #72
Bronco Yoda

I've never been fan of the scat backs. Just give me a couple of FB-like bruisers that punish the D and move the chains.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #73
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Dang people are tough on this kid I thought he showed some nice burst at times tonight lets be honest hes really only lost 1 fumble all pre-season because the goal line play at Seattle was a fluke that was clearly a TD and yeah he had a fumble that game but it was recovered. While Clady was in the game tonight he had some decent runs, I don't think Chris Clark is a great run blocker at all so that hurt us.

Tonight he just got beasted by Ogletree who is going to be a freak of a player in the NFL, should he have held on to the football? You damn right and he knows it. Lets not forget the kid is only 21 years old still, he still has lots of time to develop. His pass pro is night and day from last year and hes had a nice training camp, im going to trust the coaches.

Not saying hes a every down starter but I think he will have a significant role this year hes a 10-15 touch a game guy and he will make his fair share of plays in the regular season.

Hillman and Ball will be the future and the wild card will be CJ Anderson if he is kept which I think he will be kept.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #74
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

How does a base 3-WR set hurt ZBS?

Our line sure as shingles ain't built for ZBS, though ...... Vasquez and Franklin on the right side are pretty much diametrical opposites of ZBS types.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #75
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
How does a base 3-WR set hurt ZBS?

Our line sure as shingles ain't built for ZBS, though ...... Vasquez and Franklin on the right side are pretty much diametrical opposites of ZBS types.
well 3WR hurts any running game by default in theory