The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
what's his fac
Default 24/7Brock named starter

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Brock-...ek-14-41828434
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Seems like the only way to name him the starter for the rest of the season is to put Manning on IR.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Seems like the only way to name him the starter for the rest of the season is to put Manning on IR.
I wish. I just have the sneaking suspicion (or dread) that PM will force his way back into the lineup and immediately lose us a critical game.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

"Next year" is finally here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton is set to return to practice Wednesday.

Brock is set to start against Oakland.

I'd so hard if they bring Manning back against Pittsburgh and Cincinatti.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It seems Manning is going to get a chance to start again. If not the Pitt game then the following week.
BlueRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

We should allow him to compete when he comes back...I relish the fact that he has to compete to own his job. That said, Brock was not too convincing yesterday which bummed me out.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
BossChief
AFCCG or bust

"Next year" is finally here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
We should allow him to compete when he comes back...I relish the fact that he has to compete to own his job. That said, Brock was not too convincing yesterday which bummed me out.
As teams get more tape, he will struggle more and more...
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I wish. I just have the sneaking suspicion (or dread) that PM will force his way back into the lineup and immediately lose us a critical game.
I think the same, but Brock has a lot to learn, for instance on that endzone INT from the SD 27 yard line I believe he had a man wide open intermediate for an easy first down and YAC.

Brock may have let things go to his head with all the national media attention.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 12-07-2015 at 03:47 PM..
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #9
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
As teams get more tape, he will struggle more and more...
what were his struggles yesterday? I'm sure your insight on this will be mind blowing considering the time slot kc played. but, by all means, please explain how Brock struggled yesterday--and what those struggles are directly attributable to.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #10
DomCasual
aka DomCasual

Shameless Homer

Tell him that if he makes nice, he won't get put on IR, and he'll get to start the San Diego game. That way, he gets to go after the last big record, and gets to avoid being the star of his own movie.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #11
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGate Nut

you really hate the guy don't you Dom.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #12
DomCasual
aka DomCasual

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
you really hate the guy don't you Dom.
NO! NO! NO! I honestly love Peyton Manning! I'm not being glib, either! I have liked him ever since he was at Tennessee. In my football memorabilia collection, I have a signed Manning Colts jersey and helmet. I loved it when we signed him. And while he's not in my top-5 all-time favorite Broncos, he's definitely in my top-10.

BUT...

One of the personal qualities that helped make him a great player also makes him to be kind of a douchebag in other life situations, including this one. Clearly, he doesn't like to share. That's a truly valuable quality when you are trying to be the GOAT at something. For example:

"This week in practice, Peyton Manning wasn't willing to give even a few reps to his backup, (insert name)." That line was probably shared, almost reverently, by color commentators from, say, 1998 - 2013.

"This week in practice, Peyton Manning wasn't willing to give even a few reps to his backup, (insert name)." This comment might be shared in derision by fans of the Broncos today.

Or, you can make the comparison in a real-life setting.

Over the years, there's been a widely-shared anecdote about John Elway - I'm sure you've heard it. The story is that Elway had a party for the team at his house, and one of his teammates (I've heard it related to Tommy Maddox, Steve Beuerlein, and Bubby Brister) beat him at a friendly game of pool. Supposedly, the next day, Elway gave the pool table away; because in all the years he had it, he had never been beaten on it.

I've always doubted that this happened exactly as it was told, but that's irrelevant to the point at hand. The story, as it relates to John Elway, is, "Man, the guy is such a great competitor, he just wills himself to win at everything he plays." I've never heard that story used to paint Elway as anything but a legend.

But imagine hearing that story about just about anyone else. Say you're talking in a group at a party, and someone tells that story about their husband. I don't know about you but my reaction would be, "Methinks (insert person's name here) is wound a leetle too tightly! What an a-hole!"

I guess the point is that stuff like Peyton allegedly calling a small group of his favorite reporters to hold an informal interview at his locker will be easily forgotten almost before his retirement press conference is finished. When Brett Favre was honored in Green Bay on Thanksgiving, I jokingly made the comment to my brother, "Man, so great are my chills right now, I can't even remember what the image of his penis on a cell phone looked like!"

But for now, as it pertains to Peyton, all I can think of is, "I sure hope he doesn't let his ego blow up our chances at doing anything meaningful this year!"
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I think the same, but Brock has a lot to learn, for instance on that endzone INT from the SD 27 yard line I believe he had a man wide open intermediate for an easy first down and YAC.

Or he's just a young QB who has started a mere three games...
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
Guess Who
Awesomeness

It would be a different story if Manning didn't struggle when he was healthy but he sucked throughout the preseason and into the regular season all the way up to when he got injured. I don't see how a healthy Manning will play any better than he did in weeks 1-5
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #15
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

If Manning has a "setback" in his rehab. I think it would be a good thing.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:24 AM   #16
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGate Nut

Dom, I was just giving you a hard time. You don't actually strike me as someone who hates people, much less the QB for your team. Though I suppose you might hate Hitler because really only neoNazis and oldtimeNazis liked that guy.

As for others hoping Manning has a setback? Do I read that as we hope he gets injured or just that it's worded strategically to both keep him from playing and protect his "image"? Just curious.

I actually think the other thread about what is a healthy Peyton Manning covers this pretty well. It's unlikely he comes back at the level we need him so it's Brockweiler all the way because I don't think Manning can play in Kubiak's system and the players are set up for a Kubiak system not a Manning system and a blending of both, as we already saw, sucks. Karl Mecklenburg wrote a pretty decent analysis of it on facebook (I really like that guy, not just because he's a Bronco).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:36 AM   #17
Doggcow
He gimpy

But he doin alright now

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post

Fortunately for us, his head is so far up there that things getting to it might not impact us until next season.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:45 AM   #18
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
NO! NO! NO! I honestly love Peyton Manning! I'm not being glib, either! I have liked him ever since he was at Tennessee. In my football memorabilia collection, I have a signed Manning Colts jersey and helmet. I loved it when we signed him. And while he's not in my top-5 all-time favorite Broncos, he's definitely in my top-10.

BUT...

One of the personal qualities that helped make him a great player also makes him to be kind of a douchebag in other life situations, including this one. Clearly, he doesn't like to share. That's a truly valuable quality when you are trying to be the GOAT at something. For example:

"This week in practice, Peyton Manning wasn't willing to give even a few reps to his backup, (insert name)." That line was probably shared, almost reverently, by color commentators from, say, 1998 - 2013.

"This week in practice, Peyton Manning wasn't willing to give even a few reps to his backup, (insert name)." This comment might be shared in derision by fans of the Broncos today.

Or, you can make the comparison in a real-life setting.

Over the years, there's been a widely-shared anecdote about John Elway - I'm sure you've heard it. The story is that Elway had a party for the team at his house, and one of his teammates (I've heard it related to Tommy Maddox, Steve Beuerlein, and Bubby Brister) beat him at a friendly game of pool. Supposedly, the next day, Elway gave the pool table away; because in all the years he had it, he had never been beaten on it.

I've always doubted that this happened exactly as it was told, but that's irrelevant to the point at hand. The story, as it relates to John Elway, is, "Man, the guy is such a great competitor, he just wills himself to win at everything he plays." I've never heard that story used to paint Elway as anything but a legend.

But imagine hearing that story about just about anyone else. Say you're talking in a group at a party, and someone tells that story about their husband. I don't know about you but my reaction would be, "Methinks (insert person's name here) is wound a leetle too tightly! What an a-hole!"

I guess the point is that stuff like Peyton allegedly calling a small group of his favorite reporters to hold an informal interview at his locker will be easily forgotten almost before his retirement press conference is finished. When Brett Favre was honored in Green Bay on Thanksgiving, I jokingly made the comment to my brother, "Man, so great are my chills right now, I can't even remember what the image of his penis on a cell phone looked like!"

But for now, as it pertains to Peyton, all I can think of is, "I sure hope he doesn't let his ego blow up our chances at doing anything meaningful this year!"
Awesome post. Very well articulated. I had never heard that story about Elway. If true, that is a hilarious!
BlueRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #19
favson
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not in the locker room so I don't know this for a fact, but I'll take a stab...

Osweiler and the TEAM (very important) have been told the whole time, Manning is the starting QB when (and if) he is healthy. Obviously, this has to be proven in practice. We can talk about it all we want but if the team understands there is NO QB controversy, Kubiak doesn't lose the locker room. I heard a blurb from Osweiler stating this was still Mannings' team. Shoulder, ribs and foot are the problems. The question that has to get answered is are ALL of these truly healed to allow Manning to be as close to 100% as possible. It's obvious Manning (even when healthy) will not be under center like Osweiler. This affects the running game. Will Kubiak go back to a pistol formation with a healthy Manning? My opinion is he will, but ONLY if Manning shows in practice he has more zip on the ball and can move much better than he did a month ago.

Limited athletic ability of a HEALTHY Manning but years of experience vs. a more mobile and stronger Osweiler with NO playoff experience. Tough call.
favson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #20
bronco militia
made a business decision"

I think the OL is going to solve this riddle for us.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:39 AM   #21
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by favson View Post
I'm not in the locker room so I don't know this for a fact, but I'll take a stab...

Osweiler and the TEAM (very important) have been told the whole time, Manning is the starting QB when (and if) he is healthy. Obviously, this has to be proven in practice. We can talk about it all we want but if the team understands there is NO QB controversy, Kubiak doesn't lose the locker room. I heard a blurb from Osweiler stating this was still Mannings' team. Shoulder, ribs and foot are the problems. The question that has to get answered is are ALL of these truly healed to allow Manning to be as close to 100% as possible. It's obvious Manning (even when healthy) will not be under center like Osweiler. This affects the running game. Will Kubiak go back to a pistol formation with a healthy Manning? My opinion is he will, but ONLY if Manning shows in practice he has more zip on the ball and can move much better than he did a month ago.

Limited athletic ability of a HEALTHY Manning but years of experience vs. a more mobile and stronger Osweiler with NO playoff experience. Tough call.
in the end I don't think Kubiak will risk losing the running game. We all know we are not winning the SB without being able to run.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote