The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
CO drivers suck because everyone here is from somewhere else.

I don't mind the wave, it's campy/cheesy fun. But I do mind how loud the fans get when the offense is on the field. That is really irritating.
You do not wave when your QB is on the field... especially when your QB is an insanely talented QB. Especially when your insanely talented QB moves up to the line of scrimmage and is hiking the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock. You cannot pay attention to the offense when it moves at break neck speed and everyone else around you is trying to determine if its their time to stand up and WAAAaaavvvvveeeEEEEE!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #27
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

F--k Rahim Moore
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #28
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Bronco fans have developed a false sense of elitism because they have been in a division with the Raiders and Chiefs for so long. Don't get me wrong, both franchises are horrid and hilariously stupid in so many ways, and they deserve scorn. But if the Chiefs and Raiders weren't in the division to make us feel good about ourselves, they'd see we really haven't done very much in a decade and a half compared to other franchises. Broncos fans need to have a higher standard than "good enough to make fun of the Chiefs and Raider fans" because everyone is that good.

And maybe we'd stop thinking the world was going to end when we lose players like DJ Williams, coaches like Mike Shanahan, etc., and start thinking, with a higher standard, what have they done for the Broncos lately to make them an elite team.

But if there is an elite team in the AFC West it is the Broncos. They have done more than any other team since 1977. We own the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers since that time, only one to win 2 SB's in that time, been to 8 AFC Championship games winning 6. Not many teams in any division can say that. So I think we're entitled to some elitism but over the past 15 years, maybe not so much.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #29
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...cos-1178993544

This is followed by a video no one should watch again, then a slightly entertaining article reveling in the misery of Peyton's playoff struggles and a fun emails calling out Elway, Bowlen and the fans.

And this gem of an email, that may be referencing this message board:
Sam:

During the 1-4 start in 2011, conspiracy theorists on message boards were convinced first that John Elway was "jealous" of Tebow because Tebow was "more popular" than him.
Well the mail did nail the make up of Coloradoans. Insufferable ****wad natives or castout insufferable ****wad Californians.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #30
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah I was thinking that, until he said we should have fired Shanahan and there was nothing of this Amesj-worthy conspiracy theory of how the real reason Shanahan sucked as a GM was because Bowlen didn't let him spend any money. What this has to do with wasted draft picks or Shanny's top salary in the NFL, I am unsure.

Their comments about how stupid Bronco fans are, especially the dirty jort-wearing comment with tattered jerseys - is absolutely true. When I used to go to fan fair, there was a decent percentage of the attendees who fit this description pretty accurately. And their children are pretty-much trashy mini-me's of the same thing.

I love the Broncos and I love our fans, but I share some of the gripes.

Here's a list of things that piss me off about Bronco fans:
  • The article is completely right about Elway worship eclipsing every QB since. I have noticed a tendency of Bronco fans to worship athletic, more "freestyle" QB's and dismiss (and sometimes openly disdain) less-mobile, cerebral ones. Love of Tebow and dismay of Manning is a perfect example.
  • Most Bronco fans I meet have no idea what they are talking about. I don't mean on the level we talk about here. I mean on even a rudimentary level. They are just really ignorant and don't know more than two or three players on the team and have any idea where the team is.
  • The Shanahan love is definitely not proportional to the state of the team or what we were able to do (or not do) during his tenure. Fact: John Fox has already won the division as many times as Shanahan did his entire career in Denver.
  • Bronco fans need to get over 97 and 98. Stop comparing this team to those. Stop talking about Terrell Davis. Stop wondering when we're going to find the next "Elway, Sharpe, TD, Rod Smith, Atwater, Eddie Mac (n/m we did find him)." We haven't won the Superbowl in almost 15 years. Get over it.
  • Bronco fans have developed a false sense of elitism because they have been in a division with the Raiders and Chiefs for so long. Don't get me wrong, both franchises are horrid and hilariously stupid in so many ways, and they deserve scorn. But if the Chiefs and Raiders weren't in the division to make us feel good about ourselves, they'd see we really haven't done very much in a decade and a half compared to other franchises. Broncos fans need to have a higher standard than "good enough to make fun of the Chiefs and Raider fans" because everyone is that good.
  • Bronco fans need to shut up when the offense is on the field. Seriously what is wrong with you people? We've had football here since 1960 and you still scream like idiots when any QB lines up behind center. SHUT UP!
  • Broncos fans need to stop whining about how much better "old mile high" was and especially stop blaming the team's woes and ability on the stadium. Aside from how horridly unstable and cheaply it was, it was destroyed more than a decade ago. Get over it. And changing the name won't make it old Mile High, so stop asking for it.
  • Bronco fans need to stop whining about the fans not being loud. They are loud. Very loud. Just because broadcast microphone technology, stabilizers and gyros on 21st century cameras, as well as TV producers who have better than a community college level of job expertise don't make the broadcast shake or seem loud to you, who has probably never been to a game in the last ten years - if ever - because the camera doesn't shake or the announcers aren't drowned out the way they used to be in 1987, that doesn't mean they aren't loud. And quit insisting that the fans were magically better in the "old Mile High."
  • Bronco fans need to quit being afraid of success. They wring their hands more than any other fan base when things are going well. Maybe it's 80's SB loses, or the last decade's playoff blowouts, but this fan base worries about everything and especially when things are going well.
Agree with all that list, but that last one is totally me. If we suck I'm like "eh, we're rebuilding."

I'm constantly wringing my hands when we're good.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I obviously don't agree with him that Manning will choke in the playoffs. That loss wasn't on him. I do agree with him on the fact that Fox had time left in the game, 2 TO's and PFM, Home Field, thin air and a kicker with a big leg and pretty darn accurate from long distance. I didn't agree with taking a knee. I also agree with him that it was such a huge mistake by Moore. You don't play for an INT on a deep pass that could tie the game with seconds left. You play for the tackle and possibly the pass break up during the tackle. You don't go for glory right there. Sucks we had to lose our RB's late in the season and then KM in that game. It happened. Moving on. Broncos win the whole enchilada this year.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote