The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Fantasy Advice Thread (Trades, Free Agency, Keeper)

I thought we should have a thread for people to ask questions and get advice from other managers. I'll start.

Who would you rather have in a standard 12 team league. Non PPR.

A
Marshawn Lynch
Lamar Miller

B
Arian Foster
Chris Ivory

I need to upgrade my runningbacks and would prefer Miller over Ivory. Would you trade Foster for Lynch to do that? I want to do it but would like some advice.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Your top 2 RB's are Foster and Ivory?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

I'd try to trade another position for a RB and keep Foster. Hang tight on the waiver/FA list. The Broncos will have a RB who will take over if you can grab one. Miller will split carries with Thomas. And in goal line situations I expect Thomas in over Miller. Dolphins aren't solid with a true #1.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Also check the Saints RB's out there ie Ingram. I dunno your league, but someone might emerge as the starter there.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

QB: Tony Romo, Carson Palmer
RB: Arian Foster, Chris Ivory, Giovani Bernard, Ronnie Hillman, Bernard Pierce, LaMichael James
WR: Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Chris Givens, Cordarrelle Patterson, A.J. Jenkins
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Marcedes Lewis
PK: Sebastian Janikowski
TD: New York Giants
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Now that I see your team, this is clearly evident you didn't target RB's. For all you FF's out there, go RB's. This **** ain't hard folks.

maven out
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Now that I see your team, this is clearly evident you didn't target RB's. For all you FF's out there, go RB's. This **** ain't hard folks.

maven out
Lol. I do that every year. Now that its "the thing" to do this year I tried something different(and the guy I planned on taking got picked right before me twice in the top 5 rounds). I am not a rookie. 2/3/4 (12 teams) last year and 1/1/5/1 the year before. Any who. Last year I managed Rice, MJD, and Lynch as my first 3 picks in a 12 team league and I came in 4th. The way I see it this year is there is about 15 top running backs. Only about 6-7 of them I feel comfortable taking. Rice and MJD were not worth the picks last year and I'm sure half of the top 15 rbs this year will not be worth it. So I got Foster and then went WR WR WR. It seems stupid but guys like McFadden, CJ2K, Matthews went right before my pick. At least with my picks I got 3 top 15 WRs thatare consistant. I play the waiver wire very closely for RBs and plan on doing that this year. Last year I had waiver wire RBs starting over MJD. I'm glad everyone that thinks they know fantasy is going RB RB RB this year because its going to cost them. They go down too much and there will be a bunch of FAs I can roll with. gL
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Lol. I do that every year. Now that its "the thing" to do this year I tried something different(and the guy I planned on taking got picked right before me twice in the top 5 rounds). I am not a rookie. 2/3/4 (12 teams) last year and 1/1/5/1 the year before. Any who. Last year I managed Rice, MJD, and Lynch as my first 3 picks in a 12 team league and I came in 4th. The way I see it this year is there is about 15 top running backs. Only about 6-7 of them I feel comfortable taking. Rice and MJD were not worth the picks last year and I'm sure half of the top 15 rbs this year will not be worth it. So I got Foster and then went WR WR WR. It seems stupid but guys like McFadden, CJ2K, Matthews went right before my pick. At least with my picks I got 3 top 15 WRs thatare consistant. I play the waiver wire very closely for RBs and plan on doing that this year. Last year I had waiver wire RBs starting over MJD. I'm glad everyone that thinks they know fantasy is going RB RB RB this year because its going to cost them. They go down too much and there will be a bunch of FAs I can roll with. gL
I getcha. I follow other boards to get a feel of how other players are doing in preseason and being a hawk on waiver wire is key. I play multiple teams per year as well. gl
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

I do agree that you have to take a back in the first round but the second it all depends on which ones are available. The only top 15 backs left were: Ridley, CJ2K, MJD, and Gore. Ridley seems okay but that team is loaded and now they have Blount to go with Ridley, Vareen, Bolden. CJ2K should bounce back since they upgraded their line but I felt more comfortable with Marshall. I think with your top picks you should take players that are closest to being guaranteed. I hate the runningbacks this year. There's a huge dropoff after the first round and most of them are all boom or bust. I will be fine by picking up this years Wilson/Moreno/A.Brown/B.Brown/etc. All fantasy comes down to is whoever plays the waiver wire the best. Im a big fan of fanduel. But ya I don't know what to think about Miller. I know I shouldn't trade Foster he's just making me nervous andthey have used the **** out of him the last few years. Maybe I can trade Colston and Ivory for a better rb and a 3rd WR.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
But ya I don't know what to think about Miller. I know I shouldn't trade Foster he's just making me nervous andthey have used the **** out of him the last few years. Maybe I can trade Colston and Ivory for a better rb and a 3rd WR.
Miller is going to get the carries and get the chance to carry the load. Is he gonna hold up? And their OL sucks. Wouldn't surprise me if Miller is subbed out on short down distances like 3rd and 1 and 3rd and goal at the 1.

Is this the year Foster/Lynch break and miss a few games? I think it's gonna happen.

GL with the moves u make.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Its fairly close, but Id go Foster/Ivory. Im not a fan of Miller, although I see some potential. I dont like the Dolphins oline, or offense for that matter. Thomas pretty much stinks, but hes a decent goaline back. I think Miller may be the most overhyped player this season.

Ivory has at least had success in the NFL and has shown major skills. He'll most likely be on a struggling offense like Miami, but theres no doubt the Jets are trying to go back to their old ground and pound ways and Ivory will be the focal point. He will get goaline carries. They have some serious talent on the oline with Fergeson, Mangold, and Colon. I know, I know, hes made of glass. Thats the truth. But hes pretty talented and hes in a decent situation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #12
Blighty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Now that I see your team, this is clearly evident you didn't target RB's. For all you FF's out there, go RB's. This **** ain't hard folks.

maven out
Semi-agree. I'm leaning towards taking two elite/near elite WRs with my 2nd & 3rd pick (depending where I'm picking of course) like he's done but not making the mistake of taking another receiver after like Colston. If anyone goes RB-WR-WR then they need to target RBs all the way until players like Garcon, Jones and Shorts are at the top of the board. Plenty of depth.


What do people think about Kenbrell Thompkins fantasy-wise? Granted you'd only use a 15th on him, he looks like he could be a starter for the Pats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blighty View Post
Semi-agree. I'm leaning towards taking two elite/near elite WRs with my 2nd & 3rd pick (depending where I'm picking of course) like he's done but not making the mistake of taking another receiver after like Colston. If anyone goes RB-WR-WR then they need to target RBs all the way until players like Garcon, Jones and Shorts are at the top of the board. Plenty of depth.


What do people think about Kenbrell Thompkins fantasy-wise? Granted you'd only use a 15th on him, he looks like he could be a starter for the Pats.
The reason I took Colston is because there wasn't a RB I felt comfortable taking in the 4th rd. Wilson and McFadden were the only two close. Could that burn me? Absolutely. Could McFadden get hurt like always? Colston is a #2 WR and Garçon and Jones go right around the same time. Garcon went 3 picks after Colston. Iwould have loved to get McFadden in the 5th rd but he went 2 spots ahead of me. Every fantasy "analyst" is saying taking RBs early so they are going so fast. I suggest taking a RB round 1 and then getting consistent players that are more likely to stay healthy. I bet like 7-10 of the top 20 rbs this year will be injured or not worth their draft spot. I think with my lineup now I could win a championship if I find one of the waiver wire backs that appear every year. I might already have him(Bernard, Ivory, Hillman). This is one thing everyone should follow though: Wait on QB. Unless your in a 6pt TD league or something ridiculous like 10yds/pt for Qb, or completions league or a two Qb league. I love Stafford going late and I think Romo will have a good year.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Oh and Thompkins is easily worth a 15th rd pick on. I got him in my other league.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Just drafted this team in my 12 team PPR league. Pretty happy with it.
1 T.Richardson
2 B.Marshall
3 R.White
4 R.Cobb
5 D.Wilson
6 M.Stafford
7 M.Ball
8 TY.Hilton
9 S.Vereen
10 J.Finley
11 R.Hillman
12 C.Givens
13 B.Pettigrew
14 J.Franklin
15 I.Pead
16 S.Hill
This being a PPR league I went WR heavy. I think I did really good.
12 teams 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DST 1K
Ill get my kicker and defense week by week
QB Stafford
RB Richardson
RB Wilson
WR Marshall
WR White
WR Cobb
TE Finley
FX M.Ball

B WR: Hilton, Givens, Hill
B RB: Ball, Vereen, Hillman, Franklin, Pead
B TE: Pettigrew
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

2 drafts today

10 Teamer, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (All 3)

QB Luck

RB Lesean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Demarco Murray, Lacy, Vereen

WR Colston, Amendola, TY Hilton, Britt, Stevie Johnson

TE Graham (yeah, got him with the 9th pick of the 3rd round...unreal)






12 Teamer, the OMane 3 league QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, D, K

QB Vick, Roethlisburger

RB Peterson, Bush, McFadden, Tate, Reece

WR Fitzgerald, Colston, Shorts, Tavon Austin, Kerley, Wheaton, McCluster

TE Cameron, Heath Miller

D Pitt

K Zeurlein
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Denver Broncos