The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #201
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
You want to spend a first rounder on a guard in this draft? Wow, no thanks!

I will cream my pants if we can get xavier sua at 31 or anywhere near that. ****, I'll take gabe Watson there too.....both will be perennial pro bowlers....Xavier for damn sure, no questions asked.

Follow it up with a wr in 2....moncrief or a faller....look at baptiste in the 3rd....my sleeper of the draft is will Clarke. I like his game a bunch but have not seen a whole lot of film on him...I don't know, to me this sounds real good. But then again I came up with it so who the f knows.

I don't disagree with you much it OG I'm the first- I'll take those two and be super happy!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:20 AM   #202
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I claiming Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbiltfor 4th/5th round draft for Denver. He fits the profile of the kinda of player Elway likes and shown that he cover the elite receivers in this draft Evan (TAMU) and Moncheif (Old Miss (I misspelled his name). Team Captain, 2nd team all SEC and solid build.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #203
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
If Broncos want to win the Superbowl, all they have to do is figure out a way to get Ryan Shazier on this football team. Drop a 3rd, and move up as far as you possibly can. The dude is for real. This is the half-field LB they've been waiting on all these years. Imagine that Defense, holy cow.

2nd round Paul Richardson to be starting Z WR.
Looks like a WLB to me.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #204
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

After FA so far what positions do you see us maybe addressing at 31?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #205
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

The only real needs left are MLB or G. None of the OG's are likely to go in round one except maybe Brandon Thomas who is now considered a potential OT.
MLB is Mosley and Shazier(who looks like a 4-3 WLB).

CB is still the big elephant in the room. Even with Talib coming in, Harris is coming off of a ACL injury and Webster is a unknown.
But we are likely taking BPA so IMO that leaves CB,DL and WR.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #206
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Khalil Mack, OLB/ILB, Buffalo. Is within spitting distance of the NCAA career record for TFL and forced fumbles.
Sigh.... I thought I'd have a shot at drafting him in the OM Mock Draft when I posted this in August.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #207
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The only real needs left are MLB or G. None of the OG's are likely to go in round one except maybe Brandon Thomas who is now considered a potential OT.

CB is still the big elephant in the room. Even with Talib coming in, Harris is coming off of a ACL injury and Webster is a unknown.
First I disagree that the won't see a G drafted in the first, there are a couple that have a chance to be drafted in 20s. Second this is very deep draft for CB and I could Denver picking up one that could start early and another late one to develop.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #208
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Looks like a WLB to me.
Got any better ideas?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #209
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

I sort of disagree, but not really. You touched on the problems at cb. I agree. We need one. And then there's the problem at FS. I didn't really like Moore when they drafted him, but hoped he would work out for the sake of the team.

Carter looked like he was going to be a good if not great player, but the knee got him, I'm beginning to think he will never get back to what he was.
Also IMO we need another back. Hyde from OSU or the FB from FSU either one would look real good in a Bronco uniform.

Last edited by driver; 03-17-2014 at 06:20 PM..
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #210
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

i think there are still potential spots to fill at CB/DE/S/G/MLB

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 03-17-2014 at 06:56 PM..
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #211
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
I sort of disagree, but not really. You touched on the problems at cb. I agree. We need one. And then there's the problem at FS. I didn't really like Moore when they drafted him, but hoped he would work out for the sake of the team.

Carter looked like he was going to be a good if not great player, but the knee got him, I'm beginning to think he will never get back to what he was.
Also IMO we need another back. Hyde from OSU or the FB from FSU either one would look real good in a Bronco uniform.
if they draft a FS, it will be to compete with Moore, not to necessarily replace him.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #212
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
i think there are still potential spots to fill at CB/DE/S/G/MLB
Wolfe?
Jackson, Smith, Ware, if Wolfe makes it back they won't really need one IMO.
I know Ware is a 3-4 olb but he's pretty good with his hand in the dirt too.
The rest of your list , no argument at all. We need help at all those position IMO.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #213
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Wolfe?
Jackson, Smith, Ware, if Wolfe makes it back they won't really need one IMO.
I know Ware is a 3-4 olb but he's pretty good with his hand in the dirt too.
The rest of your list , no argument at all. We need help at all those position IMO.
i like the idea of loading up the DL like the NYG did their 2 Super Bowl years. I'm not sure Wolfe comes back all the way. I hope he does, but it was a scary injury and it's a risk to assume he does. We thought he was back fine and then his nervous system was shutting down.

Ware is a 2-3 year player and probably will work better as a rotational piece.

Smith is a wildcard, but until he actually hits the field, I remain skeptical.

Jackson has showed a lot of promise, but if Wolfe is hurt I don't think Jackson plays the anchor in run downs.

If a guy like Tuitt or Ealy is there (highly unlikely on Ealy) I'd prob be more than fine with the pick. I'd like a guy like Tuitt to anchor against the run and move inside on passing downs.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #214
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
if they draft a FS, it will be to compete with Moore, not to necessarily replace him.
IMO he was serviceable, no more than that. AND, there is no guarantee that he will ever be as good as he was after the circulatory problem he had in his leg and the resulting surgery.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #215
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I claiming Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbiltfor 4th/5th round draft for Denver. He fits the profile of the kinda of player Elway likes and shown that he cover the elite receivers in this draft Evan (TAMU) and Moncheif (Old Miss (I misspelled his name). Team Captain, 2nd team all SEC and solid build.
You can't claim Hal, I mocked him to us 2 months ago as a mid round development prospect, and by me I mean MED!
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #216
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
i like the idea of loading up the DL like the NYG did their 2 Super Bowl years. I'm not sure Wolfe comes back all the way. I hope he does, but it was a scary injury and it's a risk to assume he does. We thought he was back fine and then his nervous system was shutting down.

Ware is a 2-3 year player and probably will work better as a rotational piece.

Smith is a wildcard, but until he actually hits the field, I remain skeptical.

Jackson has showed a lot of promise, but if Wolfe is hurt I don't think Jackson plays the anchor in run downs.

If a guy like Tuitt or Ealy is there (highly unlikely on Ealy) I'd prob be more than fine with the pick. I'd like a guy like Tuitt to anchor against the run and move inside on passing downs.
All good valid points. Unfortunately I haven't been looking at any DL players in this draft, just concentrating on the obviously weak spots and needs.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #217
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

My favourite underrated player in this draft is Eric Tank Thomas WR Troy and would love it if the Broncos drafted this kid in the mid rounds. He is built like a brick sh1thouse, has superb hands and YAC.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #218
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
First I disagree that the won't see a G drafted in the first, there are a couple that have a chance to be drafted in 20s. Second this is very deep draft for CB and I could Denver picking up one that could start early and another late one to develop.
Most of the G's that were seen as 1st rounders have seen their draft stock drop at all are pure OG's and none project as potential tackles, nor do they project as surefire first day potential all pros.

Jackson,Su'A-Filo,Yankey and Thomas are the best OG's. Su'A-Filo is seen as a bit old becase he's 23 though that is pretty much the only real knock on him, Yankey has dropped to a projected 2nd, Jackson has dropped to a projected 2nd rounder and Thomas has gone from 3rd round to potential 1st because people think he can play T, even though he was bad at it in college.

Quote:

FS, unless Ha-Ha or Pryor slides I do not see them taking a FS early, if you don't take one early then it will likely take 3-4 years of development to replace Moore.
I do not think they have any interest in replacing him.

I want us to draft a RB. Hill from LSU, Hyde from OSU or Seastrunk from Baylor would be ideal. I don't think we will touch Hill due to character issues though.
I wouldn't mind Carey from Arizona or Williams from BC but they are both similar in function to Ball.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 AM   #219
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

[QUOTE=Lestat;4075957]
Quote:
FS, unless Ha-Ha or Pryor slides I do not see them taking a FS early, if you don't take one early then it will likely take 3-4 years of development to replace Moore.
I do not think they have any interest in replacing him.
You're right about woo hoo Clinton's dix and pryor they'll probably both be gone before we have a shot. So I'm going outside the box here, If we can't trade back for more pics why not take Shazer at 31. He's fast enough and looks fluid enough in transition to play FS. Though I haven't seen enough of him to actually make a determination about his coverage abilities.
Thoughts?
I know I'm sort of a broken record on the safety problem, it's something I believe, great NFL defenses are built just like they are in baseball, straight down the middle. DT's, MLB, and safeties.

Quote:
I want us to draft a RB. Hill from LSU, Hyde from OSU or Seastrunk from Baylor would be ideal. I don't think we will touch Hill due to character issues though. I wouldn't mind Carey from Arizona or Williams from BC but they are both similar in function to Ball.
Always seem to be the problem w LSU players doesn't it.

Last edited by driver; 03-18-2014 at 02:32 AM..
Old 03-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #220
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Got any better ideas?
Not drafting a WLB to play MLB? I'd prefer we draft a guy like Chris Borland and rely on Trevathan and Ward to cover speedy TEs.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #221
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Not drafting a WLB to play MLB? I'd prefer we draft a guy like Chris Borland and rely on Trevathan and Ward to cover speedy TEs.
Not saying that, I'm saying draft him and play him at free safety. Then draft Borland in the third or Trip in the fourth.

Shazer is a tackling machine and a very smooth speedy athlete. I don't know about his ability to stick w/ receivers though. I haven't seen enough of his film to make the judgment about this part of his game. The reason I asked for comments.If it worked out think Atwater 2.0.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #222
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Shazier is only 21 and is just a big as Bobby Wagner, Darryl Smith, and John Beason. He's got room for improvement, but he's still a pup.

I don't think Borland will ever be a 3-down MLB in the NFL. Who are you going to draft to play at the other LB in Nickel?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #223
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Shazier or Tripp would be the best fit for what we do on defense.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #224
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Shazier or Tripp would be the best fit for what we do on defense.
Know where I can find any tackle numbers on Tripp from his Senior season?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #225
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...rdan-Tripp.php
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: