The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #76
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I assume we're talking about first round picks. It will be difficult for the Broncos to take anything other than a DB with that first pick, but I would argue (with post 22) for Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford. I watched a number of Stanford games this year and this guy reminds me of JJ Watt. He brings it all on every down.
This is very deep class for CB, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't pick one to the 3rd round.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #77
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Eastern Illinois QB Garoppolo

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/25102...garoppolo.html
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #78
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
That's the QB I would draft this year if I was a GM. Better all-around skill set than any other QB in the draft in my opinion. Small school background is the only reason he isn't being talked about as the #1 overall pick. I'd go as far to say that if he is there at the end of the 1st round we should grab him. Forget Osweiler.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #79
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Garoppolo is rising for sure, but we don't need a QB.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #80
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Garoppolo is rising for sure, but we don't need a QB.
I wish I could believe that, but I think Osweiler sucks.

That said I know we aren't drafting a QB.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #81
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I wish I could believe that, but I think Osweiler sucks.

That said I know we aren't drafting a QB.
Based off of what? How many games has he started? How many games has he not just play closer? Exactly.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #82
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Based off of what? How many games has he started? How many games has he not just play closer? Exactly.
I didn't like all the game clips I could find of him coming out of college, and I haven't seen any flashes of greatness in preseason or in his time spelling Manning in real games. What are you basing your optimism off of?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #83
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

SteMo gonna SteMo...haha.

I wonder if he'll have a Snickers in his postgame press conference and say you win some you lose some, again.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #84
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
I didn't like all the game clips I could find of him coming out of college, and I haven't seen any flashes of greatness in preseason or in his time spelling Manning in real games. What are you basing your optimism off of?
Optimism? I didn't say anything about being optimistic. There is nothing to judge, since he hasn't had any real playing time. Clean up is not real playing time and neither is a hand full of preseason games, the play calling is completely different. Don't look at the college tape because we already knew he was going to be a project. The only thing that matters with a project is how he plays today, and none of the armchair GMs will know that because they haven't seen real game footage. You are saying he sucks based off of nothing.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:54 AM   #85
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Optimism? I didn't say anything about being optimistic. There is nothing to judge, since he hasn't had any real playing time. Clean up is not real playing time and neither is a hand full of preseason games, the play calling is completely different. Don't look at the college tape because we already knew he was going to be a project. The only thing that matters with a project is how he plays today, and none of the armchair GMs will know that because they haven't seen real game footage. You are saying he sucks based off of nothing.
QBs that don't flash in preseason against vanilla coverages don't generally do anything in real games. In fact, QBs who play like Osweiler has played in preseason two years in a row generally get cut unless they were drafted high.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #86
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
QBs that don't flash in preseason against vanilla coverages don't generally do anything in real games. In fact, QBs who play like Osweiler has played in preseason two years in a row generally get cut unless they were drafted high.
And how many people who have played amazingly in preseason only turn out to be crap when it's time for a real game, broncos had plenty of those. Preseason isn't the end all, be all. He's a project, he needs a few years to develop. That was known from the beginning. I"m not anywhere near ready to call him a bust, until I see him play in a few full regular season games.

With that said, I two would have liked the Broncos to draft a QB this year, instead of two years ago. This would be a perfect year for that. Manning probably got 1, 2, and at most 3 years left in him.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #87
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
And how many people who have played amazingly in preseason only turn out to be crap when it's time for a real game, broncos had plenty of those. Preseason isn't the end all, be all. He's a project, he needs a few years to develop. That was known from the beginning. I"m not anywhere near ready to call him a bust, until I see him play in a few full regular season games.

With that said, I two would have liked the Broncos to draft a QB this year, instead of two years ago. This would be a perfect year for that. Manning probably got 1, 2, and at most 3 years left in him.
Playing well in preseason games certainly doesn't mean someone will play well in real games, but playing poorly in preseason games tends to indicate someone won't play well in real games. If someone can't walk it seems delusional to think they will be able to run.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #88
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Check out CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, NEBRASKA. He was a former WR so he is raw, bit he has Seahawk CB size. 6'3 220. His 40 time will be important too him.
Dude is a physical specimen. I wouldn't mind snagging him in say the 3rd or 4th but I think his size will shoot him up the boards to the early to mid 2nd.

The guy I am curious about the most in this draft is Yamin Smallwood.
Good size and skill set for a ILB. I am interested to see how his combine and pro days go.
Also intrested to watch Jeremy Hill from LSU and Martavis Bryant.
Each could be a nice replacement if we lose Moreno or Decker to FA.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #89
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Deone Bucannon.

Also like the idea of jean-baptiste. The WR to CB worked out well for Sherman. Although he's smart enough to soak in the transition.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #90
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Deone Bucannon.

Also like the idea of jean-baptiste. The WR to CB worked out well for Sherman. Although he's smart enough to soak in the transition.
Hips are stiff.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:57 AM   #91
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Calvin Pryor is the best safety in this draft and no one will convince me otherwise. I don't anticipate him falling to 31, though.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #92
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I guess I'm all alone in thinking Pryor is a Mid 2nd round pick. He's solid, but I'm not convinced he's a great athlete. Will be very interested to see what he can show at the Combine.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:01 AM   #93
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I guess I'm all alone in thinking Pryor is a Mid 2nd round pick. He's solid, but I'm not convinced he's a great athlete. Will be very interested to see what he can show at the Combine.
I'll admit, I haven't seen much on him but the in the little that I've seen, he's shown pretty good range and athleticism, flashing good ball skills and a knack for the big hit. And he gets right up in the face of the guy after he knocks him silly, talking trash. He would bring some much needed nasty to the defensive back group. I read that he's a former running back, and his balance and coordination shows in his movement and leverage upon impact with other players.

I know he's considered a free safety, but I'd like to see him paired with Moore in a SS role, replacing Adams/nacho. Moore is a good enough last line at Free to keep his job, and Pryor would be the guy who stuffs plays at the line and acts as a physical presence in the box, while still having the range to cover a tight end.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:35 AM   #94
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Calvin Pryor is the best safety in this draft and no one will convince me otherwise. I don't anticipate him falling to 31, though.
That's right, trust my evaluations bro!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:37 AM   #95
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
It's crazy how different we view things, this is similar to scouting departments from team to team.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #96
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
That's right, trust my evaluations bro!
Where is your evaluation on him?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #97
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Where is your evaluation on him?
In several threads I posted about him. Said he was my favorite Safety prospect in the draft.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #98
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Reqs mock and prospect meetings I spoke about him.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #99
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Ha-Ha is the best S in this draft. Pryor is good but the only dude I would draft in the first over a DL or CB is Ha-Ha.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #100
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Reqs mock and prospect meetings I spoke about him.
Oh yeah. Looking at what you said, my takes in this thread were nearly identical to yours in Req's mock. I'm not a big fan of bucannon or clinton-dix either. Pryor just has the look of a dominant safety to me. I also like Joyner but his size is a pretty big concern, and he might not be completely necessary with Chris Harris still around.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: