The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #351
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Unless Ha-Ha falls or we fall in love with Ward(which I would have absolutely no problem with) then I do not see a S getting taken in the first.
CB or LB would be a logical choice. The real question is will they pop a OG or pass and move some people.
I could see Ward or Pryor as a real option. CB is the most logical choice, it is a strong and deep position and I think there is a very real possibility of a guy being available. LB is obviosly a wish, I don't think there will be one available with decent value.

OG is okay on paper, but I just don't see it. Beadles, Kuper, Franklin and Walton were all 2nd to 5th round picks and I think that is where the front office is comfortable drafting OL outside of LT (a few more have been drafted but didn't make it).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #352
CEH
Ring of Famer

What do you guys think about sleeper RBs Jerrick McKinnon, Kedrick Rhodes univ of western Alabama and Terrance Cobb, of Cumberland College

You def can pick up a nice RB late or earlier in the case for McKinnon

All these guys are flying under the radar right now
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #353
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
What do you guys think about sleeper RBs Jerrick McKinnon, Kedrick Rhodes univ of western Alabama and Terrance Cobb, of Cumberland College

You def can pick up a nice RB late or earlier in the case for McKinnon

All these guys are flying under the radar right now
McKinnon's well known. The other two I know nothing about though.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #354
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I could see Ward or Pryor as a real option. CB is the most logical choice, it is a strong and deep position and I think there is a very real possibility of a guy being available. LB is obviosly a wish, I don't think there will be one available with decent value.

OG is okay on paper, but I just don't see it. Beadles, Kuper, Franklin and Walton were all 2nd to 5th round picks and I think that is where the front office is comfortable drafting OL outside of LT (a few more have been drafted but didn't make it).
I would rather us trade back than take Pryor. He just doesn't do it for me.
Ha-Ha and Ward are the only 2 safeties I would be fine with the team taking in the first. I would still rather see that pick go to OL,CB or MLB though.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #355
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
I would rather us trade back than take Pryor. He just doesn't do it for me.
Ha-Ha and Ward are the only 2 safeties I would be fine with the team taking in the first. I would still rather see that pick go to OL,CB or MLB though.
Can't argue with any of this, YOO-HOO(love this kids name) and Ward will probably be gone before our pick. Mosley and Shazier to. The good corners will be gone and there is no way the good OL guys will fall low enough (unlike OM mock ). Basically the top two at every position (where we have a need ) will go before we pick.
IMO we're going to have to take a player at 31 who has a second round grade.
Borland, Van Noy, and Bucannon will be there so who would you take. I've been looking at a lot of high-light reel tape on Van Noy and I'm convinced he can play the Mike in a conventional 4-3 set ,and play it well.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #356
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
McKinnon's well known. The other two I know nothing about though.
Just throwing this at the wall to see if it sticks. Atkinson III, he's got the size and speed all he needs is motivation why not risk a 7th on him.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #357
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Can't argue with any of this, YOO-HOO(love this kids name) and Ward will probably be gone before our pick. Mosley and Shazier to. The good corners will be gone and there is no way the good OL guys will fall low enough (unlike OM mock ). Basically the top two at every position (where we have a need ) will go before we pick.
IMO we're going to have to take a player at 31 who has a second round grade.
Borland, Van Noy, and Bucannon will be there so who would you take. I've been looking at a lot of high-light reel tape on Van Noy and I'm convinced he can play the Mike in a conventional 4-3 set ,and play it well.
I do not agree with that at all. There were only 2 OG's with a potential 1st round grade and one of them was Thomas who was being groomed for OT and not OG. He's hurt so now the top two are Su'a-Filo and Yankey. I doubt both go in round 1.

Some very good DL should fall and we could scoop one of them up to help for the future.
Though some team could get antsy and desire to deal up for a QB to get that extra year of control.
If we trade out of the first however, the backlash will be worse than last time.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #358
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
I do not agree with that at all. There were only 2 OG's with a potential 1st round grade and one of them was Thomas who was being groomed for OT and not OG. He's hurt so now the top two are Su'a-Filo and Yankey. I doubt both go in round 1.

Some very good DL should fall and we could scoop one of them up to help for the future.
Though some team could get antsy and desire to deal up for a QB to get that extra year of control.
If we trade out of the first however, the backlash will be worse than last time.
Are you saying that og isn't position of need? Because my little board has Filo as the 11th best player (along with four or five other guys) in this draft. He is really good. Yankey I agree he's a second rounder IMO. As for dl being there for us Clowney , mack , Ford, Donald, Jernigan, and probably Nix will be gone.
Who's left that's worth a 1st round pick?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #359
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Are you saying that og isn't position of need? Because my little board has Filo as the 11th best player (along with four or five other guys) in this draft. He is really good. Yankey I agree he's a second rounder IMO. As for dl being there for us Clowney , mack , Ford, Donald, Jernigan, and probably Nix will be gone.
Tuitt, Hageman, Attoachu, Ealy, Crichton, Easley.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #360
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Easley blew out his knees. Not a first rounder.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #361
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
OG is a definite need. I want no part of moving Frankling. Draft a OG, let Clark go back his back up role and be done with it.
The Broncos are trying to get too cute for their own good.

Ford,Ealy,Tuitt and Hageman have a legit chance of being there when we pick.
Not really interested in Ford as he is essentially a Von lite. Which is not what I would want to see in a 1st round pick since I doubt he would play a bunch.

For me, if Su'a-Filo,Ealy,Tuitt,Hageman,Fuller,Roby,Verrett,Cooks, Lee,Beckharm Jr or Amaro are on the board then you take one and be happy.
Ideally I would love for us to trade up for CJ Mosley. I do not believe he will fall in the manner everyone assumes.
But I am not convinced they will deal up for a LB.
I could see them moving up for Gilbert,Dennard or Barr if he started falling.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #362
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
All I will say on that is, it is not unlike the Broncos to take a injured player or a guy coming off a major injury.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #363
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, not like players ever come back from ACL injuries anymore
Old 04-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #364
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
OG is a definite need. I want no part of moving Frankling. Draft a OG, let Clark go back his back up role and be done with it.
The Broncos are trying to get too cute for their own good.

Not really interested in Ford as he is essentially a Von lite. Which is not what I would want to see in a 1st round pick since I doubt he would play a bunch.

For me, if Su'a-Filo,Ealy,Tuitt,Hageman,Fuller,Roby,Verrett,Cooks, Lee,Beckharm Jr or Amaro are on the board then you take one and be happy.
Ideally I would love for us to trade up for CJ Mosley. I do not believe he will fall in the manner everyone assumes.
I could see them moving up for Gilbert,Dennard or Barr if he started falling.
Glad to see i'm not the only one that moving Franklin inside is stupid, he had one bad/awful game at RT. Does not mean he should be moved. He's been as good as it gets there for 3 years. I dont understand it.

I agree with most of those players, minus Roby.

Trading up for Mosely, no, too much depth in this draft but if he fell to 31, you consider it.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #365
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Yeah, not like players ever come back from ACL injuries anymore
I don't want to play the Antonio Cromartie game and burn a first on a guy who has knee issues. Pass.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #366
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Glad to see i'm not the only one that moving Franklin inside is stupid, he had one bad/awful game at RT. Does not mean he should be moved. He's been as good as it gets there for 3 years. I dont understand it.

I agree with most of those players, minus Roby.

Trading up for Mosely, no, too much depth in this draft but if he fell to 31, you consider it.
I like Roby a bit more than others so I expect that one to be less than popular.

The notion of moving Franklin has always been dumb to me. He is a top 5 RT, you do not move a top OT to G, you move a OT to OG when he is bad and cannot hold up.
The notion of moving a back up to RT and move a starter to OG and call it a upgrade is insane.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #367
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I like Roby a bit more than others so I expect that one to be less than popular.

The notion of moving Franklin has always been dumb to me. He is a top 5 RT, you do not move a top OT to G, you move a OT to OG when he is bad and cannot hold up.
The notion of moving a back up to RT and move a starter to OG and call it a upgrade is insane.
It's more-so his off the field concerns, something Elway is very high on, character. Why i dont think he's even on our draft board.

It's insane and ridiculous.

We arent better with Clark/Painter at RT and Franklin at G where he hasnt played since college and by all reports struggles in practice.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #368
ivory hunter
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

David Fales will be a Hall of Fame QB.
ivory hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #369
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
It's more-so his off the field concerns, something Elway is very high on, character. Why i dont think he's even on our draft board.

It's insane and ridiculous.

We arent better with Clark/Painter at RT and Franklin at G where he hasnt played since college and by all reports struggles in practice.
I agree, which is why even though I think he would be epic on our team I expect we will not sniff Jeremy Hill from LSU.
It irritates me when teams do that but it has also served us well but just because a person hasn't done something yet does not mean he will not in the future.

We have high character guys in the locker room and I would like to think that we could easily withstand one or two potential problem children.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #370
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

My stance on Franklin is that he's best as an OG. He doesn't handle speed rushers well, and you have to change your offense to give him help with doubles or chips against decent DEs. Now, with Manning at QB, it doesn't matter much as he gets the ball out fast enough. So, Franklin is good enough in pass pro for a Manning offense, and adds a nice bit of run blocking as well. So, with Manning, I do like him as a RT because he's good enough. With another QB, maybe a rookie or younger guy like Oz, that will hold the ball longer, I think Franklin will get his QB killed.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #371
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
My stance on Franklin is that he's best as an OG. He doesn't handle speed rushers well, and you have to change your offense to give him help with doubles or chips against decent DEs. Now, with Manning at QB, it doesn't matter much as he gets the ball out fast enough. So, Franklin is good enough in pass pro for a Manning offense, and adds a nice bit of run blocking as well. So, with Manning, I do like him as a RT because he's good enough. With another QB, maybe a rookie or younger guy like Oz, that will hold the ball longer, I think Franklin will get his QB killed.
The problem I have with this line of thought is that it assumes Manning doesn't really get hit anyways. He doesn't take sacks but he still gets hit and most of those hits aren't exactly light.
A rusher isn't going to stop because Manning gets it out quickly. He is still going to hit him.
The only type of QB Franklin would get killed is one who cannot make a good decision in a reasonable amount of time.

The amount of really good speed rushers in the NFL who can exploit Franklin is small and one of them he at times goes up against in practice.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #372
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

The last of my 4th rounders just went in the Mock Draft, so here's my rankings through the end of the 4th:

Top 64 are here: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=326

3rd Round is here: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=347

And now the 4th:

101. WR Shaquelle Evans
102. LB Yawin Smallwood
103. DT Taylor Hart
104a. DT DaQuan Jones
104b. DT Ego Ferguson
104c. DT Anthony Johnson
107. CB Pierre Desir
108. CB EJ Gaines
109. CB Antone Exum
110a. RB Ka'Deem Carey
110b. RB Andre Williams
112a. LB Christian Kirksey
112b. LB Christian Jones
112c. LB Jordan Zumwalt
115a. WR Robert Herron
115b. WR Bruce Ellington
117. WR Devin Street
118. OT Billy Turner
119. OT James Hurst
120. RB Terrance West
121. RB Charles Sims
122. CB Rashaad Reynolds
123a. CB Dontae Johnson
123b. CB Marcus Roberson
125. CB Ross Cockrell
126a. DE Aaron Lynch
126b. DE Morgan Breslin
128a. DT Justin Ellis
128b. DT Zachariah Kerr
130. DT Beau Allen
131a. OT Cornelious Lucas
131b. OT Seantral Henderson
133a. OC Bryan Stork
133b. OC Russell Bodine
135a. OG Jon Halapio
135b. OG Chris Watt
135c. OG Branden Linder
138. QB Zach Mettenberger
139a. CB Bennett Jackson
139b. CB Shaquille Richardson
Old 04-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #373
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

[QUOTE=Lestat;4091680]
Quote:
OG is a definite need. I want no part of moving Frankling. Draft a OG, let Clark go back his back up role and be done with it.The Broncos are trying to get too cute for their own good.
Good we can agree.

Quote:
Not really interested in Ford as he is essentially a Von lite. Which is not what I would want to see in a 1st round pick since I doubt he would play a bunch

Ford will definitely be gone , the others will probably still be there. They're 2nd rnd picks

Quote:
For me, if Su'Filo,Ealy,Tuitt,Hageman,Fuller,Roby,Verrett,Coo ks,Lee,Beckharm Jr or Amaro are on the board then you take one and be happy.
If Filo is there at 31 grab him(he won't be) the only mark down I could find on him is his height I just prefer my interior ol guys around 6-2.

Quote:
I could see them moving up for Gilbert, Dennard or Barr if he started falling.
Way too costly to move up for any of these guys IMO.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #374
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Oregon State edge rusher Scott Crichton visited the Broncos on Wednesday.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #375
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Funny, my big 3 in the 1st coincide exactly with Cecil Lammey:

1. CJ Mosley
2. Ryan Shazier
3. Kyle Fuller

He also says exactly what I've been saying with priority in first 2 rounds:
1. LB/CB
2. CB/LB (whichever one wasn't picked in the 1st)
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: