The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #301
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
As mentioned 3 posts prior, Kuechly was drafted as a WILL LB and started there. It was only until Beason tore his Achilles that Carolina was forced to move him inside. He wasn't just a MLB. He was a small, dynamic LB prospect that played that position at BC. NFL Teams had him all over the place due to his athleticism. And Shazier played MIKE at Ohio State at times. He was moved all over the place in college.

And, come on. Shazier's dad was a football coach. He's been raised to be the next big LB since he was born (literally). He's a film rat. He's smart enough to run any defense for any team any where. If you put him in the middle in a 43, you limit his ability off the edge though.

You have your opinion, and that's fine, but it's REALLY uninformed.
Luke K was a MLB, he played WLB because they already had Beason.
I didn't say Luke wasn't flexible.

Shazier being a coaches kid means nothing.
Plenty of coaches kids and former player's kids are unable to grasp certain intricacies of the game. He is bad running a defense. I have watched most of his games as I am a huge Big Ten fan.
He is not a MLB, he flies around and hits and makes plays and that is when he is at his best, not having to make calls and sorting out the D. Just making plays, his game translates to WLB in the pros.
He is a physical specimen who can wreak havoc. There is nothing wrong with that. But he is still not a MLB.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #302
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Alright. I'm 100% clear on your opinion, and you're 100% clear on mine. We'll agree to disagree on some aspects, and just move on to debating whomever comes up next.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #303
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Same place. Broncomania became Broncos Country shortly before I was perma-banned about 3-4 years ago.

Add S Deone Bucannon to the list of guys greatly undervalued right now. He's going to rise as we get closer to the draft possibly into the 1st Round, and he's a complete, all-around safety.
Oh, did not know that about Broncomania. Ive heard people talk about it before but I just assumed it was another unofficial forum.

I do remember seeing Bucannon in two games, one vs Oregon and I forgot the other team, but he was making plays.....a lot of them. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #304
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Alright. I'm 100% clear on your opinion, and you're 100% clear on mine. We'll agree to disagree on some aspects, and just move on to debating whomever comes up next.
Excellent
Old 03-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #305
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

If you guys have time look into Elhadji Ndiaye from UNK. 6'5 255 pounds and they claim he runs a 4.4 40 time. Really raw player, two years of football. Was a soccer player, but his cousin who was a former NFL player got him into football.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #306
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If you guys have time look into Elhadji Ndiaye from UNK. 6'5 255 pounds and they claim he runs a 4.4 40 time. Really raw player, two years of football. Was a soccer player, but his cousin who was a former NFL player got him into football.

What is he? TE?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #307
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
What is he? TE?
http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/elhadji-...super-sleeper/

this is the kind of guy i'd draft if i were a gm. probably wouldn't have the job for too long though.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #308
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
that guy looks the part for sure. big fast strong mofo.

yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #309
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
What is he? TE?
Defensive end! He's freakishly fast.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 03-25-2014 at 11:30 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #310
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Pretty similar to that guy the 49ers grabbed in UDFA last year after the draft. Okoye or whatever his name was, the Olympic guy.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #311
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Pretty similar to that guy the 49ers grabbed in UDFA last year after the draft. Okoye or whatever his name was, the Olympic guy.
I think he goes undrafted as well but, he has at least two years of football under his belt. 20 NFL scouts have been in touch with him so far.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #312
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thanks! I take it you're from Mania then?

On the level of Watt? No. But there are quite a few I think are undervalued right now in the draft community. Ryan Shazier is underrated, and I think Kareem Martin is greatly underrated. There are a few other guys as well, but they haven't been drafted in our mock game yet, so keeping them under the vest for now.

But at the top of the draft, Shazier and Martin, I see as difference making talents that aren't necessarily being viewed as such. I expect Shazier to come in and make an impact like Kuechly did. I have Shazier ranked as the 5th best player in this draft, and it would not surprise me if he was the best defensive player from this draft a few years from now. Martin I think may take a year, but will come on very strong to be a dominating 43 DE, he's on another level physically than most DEs already in the NFL. Two more days until his Pro Day, and I expect the 1st round hype to start, not because he'll work out again, he won't except for the short shuttle and drill work, but because his name will be floated again. We'll see if I'm right or wrong on that.

In the 2nd round area, I have some guys I like considerably more than most, I'll be discussing them as they're picked, and I'll post my 33 - 64 board when everyone is gone. That actually may take a long while.

So, Martin had his Pro Day today and the hype has indeed started:

Per Gil Brandt:

As Eric Ebron solidifies status, Kareem Martin boosts stock:

Quote:
Martin (6-5 3/4, 270) — Martin stood on his numbers from the combine. He looked really good in the drills working out as a defensive end. Martin’s pro day probably elevated him to a middle- to top-of-the-second-round selection.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/25/as-e...-boosts-stock/

Not quite late 1st round yet, but top of the second isn't a bad spot to start. He'll make his way into the late 1st discussion by draft day.

Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 03-25-2014 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add link
Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #313
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Now it's time for Shazier to ascend into the top half of the 1st round discussion and for Phillip Gaines to become common knowledge for top half of the 2nd. And for Bucannon to get some high 2nd round love.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #314
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

I really like Martin and would be very happy if we land him in the 2nd. Assuming we do not take a DE in the first.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #315
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
You want to spend a first rounder on a guard in this draft? Wow, no thanks!
And yet, you chose a guard in the OM draft!
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #316
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
And yet, you chose a guard in the OM draft!
This is Med we are talking about.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #317
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
This is Med we are talking about.
Yep. Called me out for wanting a guard early! Just razzin him.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 03-27-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #318
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
that guy looks the part for sure. big fast strong mofo.

Looks like a good potential 3-4 OLB.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #319
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

What top 2 positions would you look at (If you were GM) for 31?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #320
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
CB & OG. Though my guess is that the biggest value ends up at DL or WR.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #321
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
CB and S.

Talib is not a lock to play 16 games, Harris is solid, Webster is still a bit of an unknown and frankly the futher Tony Carter and Omar Bolden are from the field the happier I am - at least until either one shows a bit of consistency and cover ability.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #322
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Denver is in a nice position where they can select BPA. I think for us to win a championship, we need to run the ball better, and have more speed and athleticism on defense to play running QB's.

That opens up the guard position, DE, MLB (if they have range, 3 dawn capability) or a utility DB who can plan play in the big nickel packages for our pick in round 1.

In regards to needs, if Manning doesn't have time to pass or the running game can't start controlling games when the weather goes south, that's a big issue. I think with Elway at the helm, he's not foolish enough to think we're anything near what the Broncos teams were in the late 90's. Taking a dominant guard late in the 1st could be appealing like Sua-Filo. We've locked up Clady, Ramirez, & Vasquez. It would be nice to have another component locked up for 3-4 years. I think there is an argument we could look at a guy like Dee Ford. You can never have enough pass rushers and Ware is coming off injuries, Von is coming off suspensions & injuries, Wolfe off injuries and I haven't see Malik dominant enough to say he can carry a playoff defense on his own. There are a lot of things we need to go right next year for that to be a plus area. Legit pass rushers are harding to find than guards so Elway might lean there and it might just be the best value overall. Look at the Giants. They took DL for years and it got them two championships. I also think a guy like Jimmie Ward would be a great fit as a big nickel in the run game and also the pass game and he could be groomed to take over for Moore if that is going south. He's kind of a hybrid player that will protect you on both sides on defense.

In round 2, I think this gets more wide open. WR would definitely be in play. OL will be in play if it's not addressed in round 1. MLB could be there if Elway really likes Skov or Borland. I wouldn't dismiss Elway hedging his bets at HB if he sees an attitude back there. They are going to give Montee the ball and Hillman will get another shot but they are one injury away from being real short on talent in the backfield.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #323
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Stanley Jean-Baptiste improved his 40-yard dash time from 4.61 seconds at the combine to 4.45 seconds at Nebraska's pro day.

Not sure if that info was posted or not.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #324
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
OG and coin flips between CB, FS, MLB
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #325
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Stanley Jean-Baptiste improved his 40-yard dash time from 4.61 seconds at the combine to 4.45 seconds at Nebraska's pro day.

Not sure if that info was posted or not.
Well ****, he may not fall to the 3rd round then. His 40 time was much of what was keeping his stock low.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: