The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #251
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As of now, I'd rather the Broncos trade down and take CB Fuller at say 37-43 and then a guard with their other 2nd rounder. Not sure if Fuller will last that long though, or take a guard at 37-43 and then a CB. But the Broncos can really get some quality depth at least for now and possible starters in that 3rd and 4th round and will be harder picking towards the bottom in each of those rounds.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #252
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
As of now, I'd rather the Broncos trade down and take CB Fuller at say 37-43 and then a guard with their other 2nd rounder. Not sure if Fuller will last that long though, or take a guard at 37-43 and then a CB. But the Broncos can really get some quality depth at least for now and possible starters in that 3rd and 4th round and will be harder picking towards the bottom in each of those rounds.
Easier said than done! However, I can find no fault in that at all....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #253
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I have Su'a-Filo rated pretty high (21), doubt he makes it to the Broncos pick.

Would consider Baptiste at #63, though I seriously doubt his ability to immediately become a solid starter.
You do realize teams will pick players that are not on your list right?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #254
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have Su'a-Filo rated pretty high (21), doubt he makes it to the Broncos pick.

Would consider Baptiste at #63, though I seriously doubt his ability to immediately become a solid starter.
I agree. I think he'll be gone too....I'd be happy with big gabe at 31- might be a bit early but he won't fall to us in the 2nd.....

Boreland or baptiste or fuller in the 2nd....moncrief perhaps at wr.

Skov may be there in the third for us. So a draft of sia or gabe, then fuller followed by skov wouldn't be too bad a start IMO....
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #255
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I agree. I think he'll be gone too....I'd be happy with big gabe at 31- might be a bit early but he won't fall to us in the 2nd.....

Skov may be there in the third for us. So a draft of sia or gabe, then fuller followed by skov wouldn't be too bad a start IMO....
I have no idea why you think Fuller is going to drop to the late second round. He is the third or fourth best CB on just about everyone's list and he is a damn clean prospect, way more than Roby.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #256
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I have no idea why you think Fuller is going to drop to the late second round. He is the third or fourth best CB on just about everyone's list and he is a damn clean prospect, way more than Roby.
I would not be surprised to see the Broncos pick up Fuller at number 31, you can never have too many CBs and I think the value would be all right. CBs have a nasty tendency to climb on draft day because everyone needs a ton of them.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #257
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I don't know but people fall every year....isn't there something like 47 players this year with a first rd grade....or some crazy number. Not saying fuller will fall but a bunch of guys will.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #258
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I don't know but people fall every year....isn't there something like 47 players this year with a first rd grade....or some crazy number. Not saying fuller will fall but a bunch of guys will.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly that some will fall, but CB's rarely fall that far in the real draft, and the OM almost always over picks them as well....

I just do not see Fuller getting out of the top 40 in any situation because I think he has the cleanest tape outside of Verrett. And, he passes the measurable test as well
Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #259
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Not shocked you wouldn't. I mean only 6 NFL Wrs got picked before Alshon and he is crushing them. The same will probably happen with Mathews. I fully aware that he is gaining hype towards the draft man. You act like I don't pay any attention to this **** at all.
Simmer down dude. You described them as coming out of nowhere. People knew about Jeffery but there were question marks on him. Same with Matthews.
A sleeper or coming out of nowhere implies that few know about them or except them to go as high as they do. Say a Kayvon Webster last season with the Broncos or Jimmy Graham with the Saints. Richard Sherman and Cam Chancellor with the Seahawks.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #260
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another LB to consider is ASU Carl Bradford. He was used a lot as a pass rusher in a hybrid OLB\DE spot, but did line up at times at MLB and cover RB's and TE's. He is seen as a 2nd-3rd rounder, but is a tough, hard hitting physical player.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #261
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Another LB to consider is ASU Carl Bradford. He was used a lot as a pass rusher in a hybrid OLB\DE spot, but did line up at times at MLB and cover RB's and TE's. He is seen as a 2nd-3rd rounder, but is a tough, hard hitting physical player.
For the potential role he would play we could draft someone lower.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:50 AM   #262
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You do realize teams will pick players that are not on your list right?
1. I have the same players on my list that everybody else does. What makes you think Su'a-Filo drops to #31? I haven't seen anything from anyone's player rankings (including my own) indicating that as a remotely probable scenario.

Quote:

2. In my opinion, Fuller dropping to #31 is a very unlikely scenario. For that to happen, 10DL and 6WR's would probably have to go off the board first. Not likely in this draft considering:
a. Most of the projected 1st round DL in this draft are not that good
b. The draft is extremely deep in WR's (teams can wait)
c. As other's have mentioned, Fuller projects as a starting CB

3. There is nothing to me in video, or otherwise, that suggests to me that Chris Borland can be a starter in the NFL. Mid-3rd round talent at best. He's un-athletic and benefitted greatly from playing in the Big 10's run-happy, grind-it-out, cold weather environment. He's like the slow, un-athletic version of Pat Angerer. No thanks. Nate Irving is better.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-23-2014 at 08:56 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 AM   #263
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
1. I have the same players on my list that everybody else does. What makes you think Su'a-Filo drops to #31? I haven't seen anything from anyone's player rankings (including my own) indicating that as a remotely probable scenario.

2. In my opinion, Fuller dropping to #31 is a very unlikely scenario. For that to happen, 10DL and 6WR's would probably have to go off the board first. Not likely in this draft considering:
a. The DL in this draft are not that good

3. There is nothing to me in video, or otherwise, that suggests to me that Chris Borland can be a starter in the NFL. Mid-3rd round talent at best. He's un-athletic and benefitted greatly from playing in the Big 10's run-happy, grind-it-out, cold weather environment. He's like the slow, un-athletic version of Pat Angerer. No thanks. Nate Irving is better.

1. The bottom 10 picks of the 1st round are historically the hardest to predict because of the often high number of trades. It is also an area where many teams begin to draft outright for need rather than value, while the top half of the 1st round tends to be dominated by drafting for value. I think the top 16-18 players are pretty set with only a few who can go up or down in this years draft. It really gets interesting in that 1st-2nd round value designation because there are a solid 30 players who could be drafted at end of round 1 with the value being perfectly fine.

If you get a lot of teams from the top of round 2 jumping up to fill a need after value drafting in the top of round 1 the lists can really screw up, especially if you get a run at a certain position and teams get caught out. We have seen that before with both OT, CB and WR.

Borland is a guy who looks like he might be able to play a 2 down role in a 3-4 as the ILB who takes on the blockers in the run game, but he is just not fast enough to play a 4-3 MLB position (there is an off chance he could be moved to 4-3 SLB though).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:58 AM   #264
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
1. The bottom 10 picks of the 1st round are historically the hardest to predict because of the often high number of trades. It is also an area where many teams begin to draft outright for need rather than value, while the top half of the 1st round tends to be dominated by drafting for value. I think the top 16-18 players are pretty set with only a few who can go up or down in this years draft. It really gets interesting in that 1st-2nd round value designation because there are a solid 30 players who could be drafted at end of round 1 with the value being perfectly fine.

If you get a lot of teams from the top of round 2 jumping up to fill a need after value drafting in the top of round 1 the lists can really screw up, especially if you get a run at a certain position and teams get caught out. We have seen that before with both OT, CB and WR.

Borland is a guy who looks like he might be able to play a 2 down role in a 3-4 as the ILB who takes on the blockers in the run game, but he is just not fast enough to play a 4-3 MLB position (there is an off chance he could be moved to 4-3 SLB though).
This.

I just selected Borland in the middle of the 2nd round of the OM Mock draft, but I think he's a particularly good scheme fit for what the Steelers like to do with their inside line backers. He won't be asked to cover too much, but rather to be instinctive to plug gaps against the run game, and blitz occasionally. An excellent 2-down linebacker who doesn't necessarily have to come out on 3rd down.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 AM   #265
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Oh I agree wholeheartedly that some will fall, but CB's rarely fall that far in the real draft, and the OM almost always over picks them as well....

I just do not see Fuller getting out of the top 40 in any situation because I think he has the cleanest tape outside of Verrett. And, he passes the measurable test as well
Do you think I overpicked Fuller at 22? I thought he was the best player available at a position of need for the Eagles with that pick. I wanted to move back a couple picks but had a feeling I'd lose him if that was the case and didn't want to take the chance.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #266
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Since all these guys are gone in the Mock Draft, this is my current Top 32 Overall Prospect Rankings:

1. DE Jadevon Clowney
2a. OT Greg Robinson
2b. OT Jake Matthews
4. WR Sammy Watkins
5a. LB Khalil Mack
5b. LB Ryan Shazier
7. OT Taylor Lewan
8. S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
9. LB Anthony Barr
10. WR Mike Evans
11a. CB Justin Gilbert
11b. CB Darqueze Dennard
13. DT Aaron Donald
14a. QB Teddy Bridgewater
14b. QB Blake Bortles
16. OG Xavier Su'a-Filo
17. TE Eric Ebron
18. LB Dee Ford
19. DT Timmy Jernigan
20. OG Zack Martin
21. QB Derek Carr
22. LB CJ Mosley
23. WR Odell Beckham
24a. CB Bradley Roby
24b. CB Jason Verrett
24c. CB Kyle Fuller
27. WR Brandin Cooks
28. DT Louis Nix
29a. WR Jordan Matthews
29b. WR Kelvin Benjamin
31. DE Kareem Martin
32. TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #267
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Do you think I overpicked Fuller at 22? I thought he was the best player available at a position of need for the Eagles with that pick. I wanted to move back a couple picks but had a feeling I'd lose him if that was the case and didn't want to take the chance.
Actually, no. I like him better than most and I have seen interest in him from ARI and PHI. I would be surprised if he would be there in real life at 31. However, I was hoping he would be there in the OM mock as a steal! You took care of that for me though
Old 03-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #268
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

8. Haha Clinton Dix..? Really.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #269
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I think Hasean is one of the more complete safety prospects in recent memory. The term gets thrown around a lot, but he's an eraser in the secondary, plus he's a leader and very intelligent on the field. My comp for him is Ed Reed.

So, yeah, if I think he's going to project similar to Ed Reed, he's worth a high selection. That 10 - 15 range in the draft seems right to me.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #270
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I think Hasean is one of the more complete safety prospects in recent memory. The term gets thrown around a lot, but he's an eraser in the secondary, plus he's a leader and very intelligent on the field. My comp for him is Ed Reed.

So, yeah, if I think he's going to project similar to Ed Reed, he's worth a high selection. That 10 - 15 range in the draft seems right to me.
I do not see the instincts Ed Reed brought to the table. That is where I see him lacking. He has the situational awareness that most of Saban's players have, but he does not make the same plays on the ball Reed did. Do not get me wrong here, he makes plays when they are there. However, he does not create or bait QB's into making throws they should not like Reed.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #271
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would love to have him on the Broncos, but I do not see Dix as being that Elite. I do agree he's an eraser back there.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #272
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Good list MUG. I think Ford and Nix are overrated, but the rest is good.

Broncos should have focused on LB in FA.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #273
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Think you're missing Pryor MUG, unless you deliberately left him out.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #274
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

I love Ha-Ha. He to me is a guy who will roam the field and make it much harder to sling the ball around at will.
If you can draft him to a team with a great MLB it will be a sick defense.
I don't think Shazier is #5 nor better than Barr but I do think he is a top 20 talent.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #275
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

a. Most of the projected 1st round DL in this draft are not that good

I'm sure teams print off Don Banks prospect list instead of doing their own evaluation of players. Let's not even begin to act like we know a third of the information they are privileged too. Does your list include character and medical red flags? All 32 specific needs?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: