The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default 2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft UDFA Thread

Are 256 picks in the regular draft not enough for you? Still obsessing over that left tackle from Kenai Peninsula Community College who has 38 inch arms? Worried about how you're going to get your NFL draft fix for the next week? There's no need to fear.... the UDFA round is here! The UDFA (UnDrafted Free Agent) Round is open to all 32 participants of the regular mock draft -- you don't have to participate if you don't want to, but all picks will be included in your mock draft haul and count towards eternal bragging rights.

2008 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=67629
2009 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79818
2010 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90729
2011 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97743
2012 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104884
2013 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110647

Here are the details/rules for this year (some tweaks from previous years, so please read the red bits carefully):

1. All teams have $100,000 to bid for players which were not selected in the 2014 OM Mock Draft. Bidding is done blindly and privately -- in other words, all bids are sent to me via PM, and the results are revealed at the conclusion of the bidding period. DO NOT POST YOUR BIDS IN THIS THREAD!

2. Minimum bid for a player is $5000. Bids can be made in $100 increments only. Maximum bid is (obviously) $100,000.

3. Reserve/Contingency Bids: As per MUG's proposal, teams will be allowed to also submit a list of contingency players in the event that they get 'jumped' on any of their main bids. In the interest of simplicity, each of the contingency bids should be for no more than the $5000 minimum. There is no limit to the number of players on your reserve/contingency list, though -- if you feel like listing 50 players, go ahead and knock yourself out.

Look at the bidding example in point #5 to see how the process would play out....

4. Please send all bids via one and only one PM to me (BowlenBall) any time between the last selection in the OM Mock Draft and Thursday, April 24th, at 11:59 p.m. MST. Please title the PM "UDFA Round Picks for (your team)". All bids received after the deadline will be considered null and void.

5. Please submit bids in this format:

UDFA Bids
Bid amount, Name, Position, College
$70,000 Greg Lewis, RB, Washington
$17,000 Kenny Walker, DE, Nebraska
$8000 Curtis Mayfield, WR, Oklahoma State
$5000 Don Gibson, DT, USC
Total Spent: $100,000

Reserve/Contingency List ($5000 only per player, listed in order of priority)
1. Jim Johnson, OT, Michigan State
2. Jon Bostick, WR, Nebraska
3. Dietrich Lockridge, OG, Jackson State
4. Mohammed Oliver, DB, Oregon
5. Bob Meeks, OC, Auburn
6. Cedric Tillman, WR, Alcorn State
7. John Granby, WR, Virginia Tech

In the above example, if you were successful on all of your main bids, then none of the players on the Reserve/Contingency List would be awarded to you. If you were jumped on Greg Lewis, though, then the unspent $70,000 would be applied to all players on this list, meaning that $5000 bids for all seven will then be automatically applied (and $35,000 left over, since you ran out of contingency players in this example).

If you were instead jumped on Kenny Walker in the above example, then the unspent $17,000 for him would then apply to your Reserve/Contingency List, and automatic bids would then be placed for the first three players (but you would have $2000 left over, since the excess amount falls below the $5000 minimum bid for the 4th player).

Finally, if you were jumped on either Curtis Mayfield or Don Gibson, then you would only have enough money for the first player listed on your Reserve/Contingency list, and a $5000 bid would be placed on Jim Johnson only.

PLEASE NOTE: the $5000 mandatory amount for Reserve/Contingency bids makes things much simpler for me to administrate, AND provides incentive for GMs to submit their bids as early as possible, so that they have higher bid priority in the event of a tie. I realize that some GMs may not like this system as it currently is, but lets run with it for 2014, and see how it goes. I'm open to modifying this again next year if enough people wish to bid higher amounts on their reserve players in 2015.

6. Please do not submit bids for players who have already been selected in the mock draft. Refer to the Alpha list or the main pick thread before you submit your bid. Any bids for pre-selected players will be invalidated, and the team owner will NOT be notified of his error.

7. Tiebreaker: if two or more teams bid the same amount for the same player, then whoever submitted their bid first will be considered the winner.

8. Results will be posted on Friday, April 25th.

9. In the interests of transparency, I will submit my own list via PM to JCMElway before the official bidding period begins, and before I review any of the bids submitted. In addition, I will disqualify myself from the tiebreaker rules, meaning that any tie that I am involved with will go to the other team.

10. As I receive bids, I will post confirmation below, along with a sequence number indicating the order in which I received them (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.).

Bids Submitted!
1. New York Jets (Conklin)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (MUG)
3. St. Louis Rams (Rohirrim)
4. Minnesota Vikings (jebures)
5. San Francisco 49ers (phibacka31
6. New England Patriots (eddie mac)
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Traveler)
8. Atlanta Falcons (Arkie)
9. Indianapolis Colts (lestat)
10. Washington Redskins (BroncoMan4ever)
11. Green Bay Packers (srphoenix)
12. Jacksonville Jaguars (ColoradoBuff)
13. Cleveland Browns (Requiem)
14. Arizona Cardinals (ludo21)
15. New Orleans Saints (thumpc)
16. Carolina Panthers (bpc)
17. Detroit Lions (JCMElway/DBroncos4life)
18. Dallas Cowboys (Nickstixx)
19. New York Giants (Shananahan)
20. Chicago Bears (SoDak Bronco)
21. Kansas City Chiefs (Carmelo15)
22. Houston Texans (24champ)
23. Seattle Seahawks (schaaf)
24. Buffalo Bills (BroncosfanGuy)
25. Pittsburgh Steelers (BowlenBall)

Have not submitted bids yet
Baltimore Ravens (BMORE)
Denver Broncos (Mediator12)
Miami Dolphins (OBF1)
Oakland Raiders (rugbythug)
Philadelphia Eagles (Florida_Bronco)
San Diego Chargers (rolandftw)
Tennessee Titans (MrPeepers)

Last edited by BowlenBall; 04-23-2014 at 07:45 PM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #2
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Just to reiterate -- you can start sending UDFA bids to me as soon as 24champ posts his selection for pick #256. Any lists sent to me earlier than that exact moment will be ignored....
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

BOOM! We're off and running -- check the bottom of the first post to see who has submitted their UDFA bids, and in what order....
Old 04-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
BOOM! We're off and running -- check the bottom of the first post to see who has submitted their UDFA bids, and in what order....
wow, 24champ hasn't submitted yet? Only suggestion I'd make for future years is to set a 1-12 hour timer before UDFA's can be submitted because the person that drafts last can simultaneously post/pm and guarantee he wins all ties.
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #5
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Are we being timed on this?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Have you read the original post?
Old 04-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #7
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Yes, and you're tied for 11th place right now.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

First year getting in on the UDFA round and my:

1000th post!!!!!!!!

Thanks Orange Mane for being such a cool and nice place to hang out and avoid getting things done at work.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

just sent my UDFA list in. Thanks again to all who put this on.....JCM, Bowlen, MUG and everyone who participated. Kudos to all!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

udfa bids in!

Ill jump in with the kudos to all! Did not think I would put as much effort in the UDFA as I did, but I saw too many guys I have actually heard of and wanted to bid on, hopefully I get them all
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
udfa bids in!

Ill jump in with the kudos to all! Did not think I would put as much effort in the UDFA as I did, but I saw too many guys I have actually heard of and wanted to bid on, hopefully I get them all
I doubt I get any of mine. I picked 5 winners.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Question for you Bowlen:

If Team A bid $5000 for a player on their initial priority list, while Team B bid $5000 for the same player on their reserve list, does Team A automatically win that player regardless of tie-breaker ranking because the player was priority versus reserve? Or does a tie always go straight to tie-breaker ranking based on who submitted first?
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Didn't do a reserve / contingency. Plan A +.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
thumpc
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Richard Quinn

New Orleans UDFA in!
thumpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Question for you Bowlen:

If Team A bid $5000 for a player on their initial priority list, while Team B bid $5000 for the same player on their reserve list, does Team A automatically win that player regardless of tie-breaker ranking because the player was priority versus reserve? Or does a tie always go straight to tie-breaker ranking based on who submitted first?
My best guess is it should go to team a.

He's going to have some fun signing reserve priority numbers to all these picks and then going through you're breakers.

To me, if I have player John doe reserve priority 3 and you have him reserve priority 2. He should go to you. I only have a tiebreaker if we rank the same. If bowlen does need assistance do to sheer quantity of players, I have no problem lending a hand.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #16
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Team A should get the player. The reserve list should be for players that weren't bid on with the first $100,000 of any team, imo.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #17
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Question for you Bowlen:

Tie always goes to the person who submitted their bid first -- $5000 is $5000, no matter when your bid comes into play.

The way this is playing out is fascinating, by the way -- many more players being bid on than in past years, and many more "contested" bids.... 16 teams have now submitted bids, so we're halfway to perfect!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #18
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Team A should get the player. The reserve list should be for players that weren't bid on with the first $100,000 of any team, imo.
Just checked -- I've processed 13 teams so far, and currently zero players fall into this category. When all is said and done, I'm guess we'll have maybe 6 or 7 instances total where a $5000 reserve bid trumps an original $5000 non-reserve bid, at most. Really not a big deal, in the final analysis.

Since it's ***MUCH*** simpler to just treat a $5000 bid the same no matter where it came from, I'd like to stick to the current system. Plus, it does reward people who get their bids in quicker....
Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #19
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Just checked -- I've processed 13 teams so far, and currently zero players fall into this category. When all is said and done, I'm guess we'll have maybe 6 or 7 instances total where a $5000 reserve bid trumps an original $5000 non-reserve bid, at most. Really not a big deal, in the final analysis.

Since it's ***MUCH*** simpler to just treat a $5000 bid the same no matter where it came from, I'd like to stick to the current system. Plus, it does reward people who get their bids in quicker....
while I like that because I was the first to submit, I get the feeling i'll have a very unfair advantage by the time everything is said and done.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Bowlen, are you sending PMs to all the owners that haven't done a FA List yet?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #21
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Bowlen, are you sending PMs to all the owners that haven't done a FA List yet?
I am....
Old 04-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Okies.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #23
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
while I like that because I was the first to submit, I get the feeling i'll have a very unfair advantage by the time everything is said and done.
Am now up-to-date (16 teams), and there are still no instances of a $5000 contingency bid trumping a $5000 non-contingency bid. I'm surprised myself, I thought it would happen more often!

And yes, you're the likely beneficiary if it does happen, since you were the first to submit bids, and put in a large number of contingency picks. And I'm the most likely to get burned, since I'm 32nd on the priority list.....
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #24
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Number of teams participating in the UDFA round:

2010: 17 teams
2011: 18 teams
2012: 18 teams
2013: 24 teams