The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #51
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Like I said before, I'd even be for lowering the minimum wage for workers whose parents can claim them as dependents, but something needs to be done about the minimum wage, and it needs to be big, and soon.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #52
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
By that argument more people should already be off.

It's all about motivation. If I can feel content on government assistance, why would I ever go out and change my life?

There is no silver bullet solution here, but there needs to be an incentive to not have people habitually use this stuff. First step IMO is that food stamp can only be used for food items, period.
how is about motivation? People can work 40 hours at McDonalds and 20 hours at Wal-Mart and I still bring home under $20,000 for my family of 4.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #53
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Fixing the labor market at higher costs does two things. It makes the selling cost of products and services go up, and it creates more nominal income for consumers. Naturally, the free market side will try to re-balance with higher prices and a higher cost of living. The only way to stop this is with price controls. Might as well fix the entire market instead of keeping one side free. Then the confused people couldn't blame the negative outcomes on a free market that doesn't exist.
that is silly. McDonalds grossed after expenses last year $10 billion. They could raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour and they would still gross $9.5 billion.

If they decided to pass on the cost of the wage to the consumers we would pay a whopping 5% more on our purchase.

Hell, I would pay 5% more on my purchase from McDonalds so their employees could make $15 a hour.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #54
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
that is silly. McDonalds grossed after expenses last year $10 billion. They could raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour and they would still gross $9.5 billion.

If they decided to pass on the cost of the wage to the consumers we would pay a whopping 5% more on our purchase.

Hell, I would pay 5% more on my purchase from McDonalds so their employees could make $15 a hour.
Most McDonalds are independently owned franchises. The corporation employs very few "McDonalds employees"