The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Actually the run game was better last year with Mcgahee IMO. I haven't seen much of ball though
I don't think we've seen enough of any of them to make that call. Plus, our run game was never exactly a huge strength
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't think we've seen enough of any of them to make that call. Plus, our run game was never exactly a huge strength
Ya I think Ball might pan out. But hillman doesn't show much for me. Moreno is always getting hurt and lance couldn't see an open gap if there were hookers spread in front of him. This years passing game has so many threats that teams will have to gameplan and adjust in the game for that. Opening it up for the run game. I don't think we're asking for 20 plus yard clips. But I'd like to see 4 or more consistently and not 0-2 yards consistently.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #29
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Does this guy still do Loud Mouths? I couldn't stand it for a minute.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #30
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
So I am the only one so far that is concerned with what has happened since the end of last season.

Losing Doom
Von on vacation
No MLB to speak of
slowly developing running game
"make shift" O line
minor injuries this summer, Champ, Kupe, Wolfe and at the center position

Yeah, color me somewhat concerned.
we went 13-3 last season with No MLB, no running game, a makeshift OL.

we got better on offense. Ball will be fine, just needs to get his blocking up to par. his running looks fine. Manning is stronger, the WR corps is deeper and better. Harris, Carter, Bolden, and DRC can hold down the fort while Champ heals.

none of the injuries aside from Walton are season enders. while some adversity has arisen, it isn't the end of the world.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ya I think Ball might pan out. But hillman doesn't show much for me. Moreno is always getting hurt and lance couldn't see an open gap if there were hookers spread in front of him. This years passing game has so many threats that teams will have to gameplan and adjust in the game for that. Opening it up for the run game. I don't think we're asking for 20 plus yard clips. But I'd like to see 4 or more consistently and not 0-2 yards consistently.
Our run game is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

This isn't a run first team and none of these guys are the type to break off 2k. Hillman has some speed but hasn't had a long TD run yet.

I like that Hillman added some muscle, he will be fine and if he goes over 1000-1200 yards it will be a good year for him. Ball is physical and once the game slows down for him he will be more impressive. At this stage of his career (2 PS games in) has has shown subtle flashes that he will be a very good RB for this system.

Be patient, if when Clady and the C position are back and worked out we are only gaining 3 YPC then we can run around and cry about the sky falling.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Our run game is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

This isn't a run first team and none of these guys are the type to break off 2k. Hillman has some speed but hasn't had a long TD run yet.

I like that Hillman added some muscle, he will be fine and if he goes over 1000-1200 yards it will be a good year for him. Ball is physical and once the game slows down for him he will be more impressive. At this stage of his career (2 PS games in) has has shown subtle flashes that he will be a very good RB for this system.

Be patient, if when Clady and the C position are back and worked out we are only gaining 3 YPC then we can run around and cry about the sky falling.

If its 3rd and 3 Id rather they pass.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #33
CEH
Ring of Famer

So Houston doesn't have Ed Reed to start the season nor it looks like Foster is full speed ahead, NE lost all their catches from last year and replace them with a tissue paper WR who is hurt right now

But yeah Denver with it's high flying offense is behind the times.

Sounds more like a deadline piece than a carefully thought out article
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Adam Schein.

Did not read.
Bingo
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Vegas still has the Broncos at 5-1 odds to win the SB. I don't understand, this team is a wreck. It's a travesty. It's a sham. It's a mockery. It's a travestshamockery!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
DenverDynamite

This is great! I hope all the media bobble-heads keep piling on the Broncos. Maybe the team will develop a 'us against the world' mentality. Then the Broncos will be really ****ing dangerous.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #37
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
we went 13-3 last season with No MLB, no running game, a makeshift OL.

we got better on offense. Ball will be fine, just needs to get his blocking up to par. his running looks fine. Manning is stronger, the WR corps is deeper and better. Harris, Carter, Bolden, and DRC can hold down the fort while Champ heals.

none of the injuries aside from Walton are season enders. while some adversity has arisen, it isn't the end of the world.
Never did I state that this is the end of the world. What I am saying is that there are plenty of concerns as the Denver Broncos sit today. I do not think as the team currently sits that we are a better team than we where at the end of last season, and last season was not a superbowl team, Why would you think otherwise except for being an orange glass wearing homer

We needs a number of things to happen until we are considered an "Elite" team and I mentioned them in my original post.

1) Injuries
2) loss of players from last season (Doom)
3) Von Miller is out for over a third of the season
4) Running backs as of today are not that good.
5) DL and OL needs to get healthy and have some quality practice and playing time together to gel.

Can this team become one of the best in the league? YES, but things will need to get better, not stay the way they have been this off season.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So Houston doesn't have Ed Reed to start the season nor it looks like Foster is full speed ahead, NE lost all their catches from last year and replace them with a tissue paper WR who is hurt right now

But yeah Denver with it's high flying offense is behind the times.

Sounds more like a deadline piece than a carefully thought out article
We did not lose to either of those teams in the playoffs, Just sayin. The article did not mention that we are in this situation because of either Houston or New England.... Your post is meet a deadline filled.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #39
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We did not lose to either of those teams in the playoffs, Just sayin. The article did not mention that we are in this situation because of either Houston or New England.... Your post is meet a deadline filled.
Wow

I'm saying both NE and Houston two teams that are said to be perenial power each have issues to start the season

Your reading comprehension leaves alot to be desired
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #40
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
What I am saying is that there are plenty of concerns as the Denver Broncos sit today. I do not think as the team currently sits that we are a better team than we where at the end of last season, and last season was not a superbowl team, Why would you think otherwise except for being an orange glass wearing homer
I agree with you, unfortunately. I think people are really underestimating the combined loss of Doom and Von the first 6 weeks, particularly when you throw in the health question marks of Champ and Wolfe and now the need to shuffle the LBs.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #41
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Adding Welker
2nd year of JDR

and a little thing I like to call Peyton ****ing Manning.
But back to CBF's point: Welker injured with sprained ankle.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #42
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
we went 13-3 last season with No MLB, no running game, a makeshift OL...
Our O-line was healthier all around last year. We played a relatively easy schedule (if I remember correctly they only beat one team with a winning record). We had Von and Doom all year. We had Bailey and Wolfe all year. Etc.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #43
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
But back to CBF's point: Welker injured with sprained ankle.
He injured it again
Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #44
bombay
Ring of Famer

It's gonna be a great season. Amazing how Elway's direction has turned a clown show into an excellent team in such a short time.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #45
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Wow

I'm saying both NE and Houston two teams that are said to be perenial power each have issues to start the season

Your reading comprehension leaves alot to be desired
This is a thread about DENVER being an elite team Mr. Comprehension. One can only read what is written on the interweb thingie, not try to figure out what someone means.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
It's gonna be a great season. Amazing how Elway's direction has turned a clown show into an excellent team in such a short time.
Signed,

Von Miller
Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I agree with you, unfortunately. I think people are really underestimating the combined loss of Doom and Von the first 6 weeks, particularly when you throw in the health question marks of Champ and Wolfe and now the need to shuffle the LBs.
I don't think anyone could accuse me of underestimating the loss of VonDoom. Through the first 6-8 weeks of this season, I think it will become even more clear what an epic effup that whole Doom episode was.

The key for me is to look at the other side of the ball. The Pats haven't had a great defense for years. But they've been "elite" nearly all that time. And I think we clearly outgun them at this point. No other AFC offense will be able to keep up with the Broncos' offense (playing to potential) this year. We have to be hands down favorites to win the conference. If that's not elite, I don't know what is.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #48
bombay
Ring of Famer

The Broncos will survive just fine, and in the end have greater depth than they have now. I only hope the lisfranc virus doesn't rage through the clubhouse. Kaylore's picture of it was quite frightening.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #49
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
So, if I've got this right, he's saying that the Broncos have lost some key players for the start of the season. In Von Miller's case it's longer than that - a full 6 games. He still expects them to win the AFC West, but they can't be considered a powerhouse within the AFC.

Therefore, they aren't really superbowl contenders.

Because, as we all know, the superbowl is decided every September.
Well according to some, it's decided in the 2nd preseason game...........hahahaha

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #50
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Every Broncos Fan Early August 1997 - "OMG did you see Elway's bicep roll up in his arm, OMG we're ****ed, our season is over before it started. This stupid preseason game in Mexico just ruined our season before it started!!"

5 months later!

"This...one's.....for....John!!!!"
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote