The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #76
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I know I'd ditch TV entirely if the NFL went to Youtube. I can't tell you just how few ****s I give about Storage Wars, Dancing with the Cosmos, and Real World Latvia.
What about honey boo boo?
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #77
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
This. It just makes sense for the NFL to get paid by Google and for Google to provide the hardware/software, massive data flow, logistics, expertise, etc.

It's such a win for the NFL that it'd by crazy not to do it.
Watch, Microsoft, Amazon, and hell even Facebook may all be named in this at some point along with google. All are standing up datacenters all around the world and would have capabilities.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #78
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
You know seriously he has a point that some of you clowns just want to ignore like it doesn't exist.

Most of the US (geographically) does not have fast enough internet to stream, HD for sure, and a lot of people have data limits.
So how is this fundamentally different from Netflix or any other service?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #79
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would definitely be done with cable/satellite.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #80
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
So how is this fundamentally different from Netflix or any other service?
Or Firstrow?

Or ESPN3?
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #81
doof
Solid Starter

NFL.com already offers live streaming for people outside of the states (DirecTV's AOP).

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secur...?ttv=1&en=true

$270 for unlimited access from the offseason all the way through the playoffs
$200 for all the preseason and regular season games
$170 for all of your favorite team's regular season games

I can see them opening this up to all the customers in the states when DTV's exclusive license runs out and offering non-exclusive contracts to multiple providers. This would maximize exposure for the NFL on a global level.
doof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #82
Bronco Yoda

I do like having options. But I really don't want anything messing up my DVR action. If need be, it's nice to be able to easily watch a full game in under an hour and a half using a DVR.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #83
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

While everyone is excited about this...I would gather that 99% of the people on this board do not have a synchronous data..you think your Internet bogs down at ohh 5:30ish at night just wait until half your neighborhood is streaming.

I would love to see how they enforce black outs if the game is streamed. Your ISP is not going to be thrilled with everyone streaming at specific set times on Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #84
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
While everyone is excited about this...I would gather that 99% of the people on this board do not have a synchronous data..you think your Internet bogs down at ohh 5:30ish at night just wait until half your neighborhood is streaming.

I would love to see how they enforce black outs if the game is streamed. Your ISP is not going to be thrilled with everyone streaming at specific set times on Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays.
Isn't a huge amount of internet traffic Netflix? Netflix never bogs down for me.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #85
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:

QoS.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #86
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

AppleTV is also rumored to be in the bidding for NFL Ticket. They already landed HBOgo and ESPNWatch.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #87
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I would love to see how they enforce black outs if the game is streamed.
It's actually pretty easy. Your location can be discerned from from your ISP. MLB has a streaming package which has blackouts enforced. Same thing for the NFL's live streaming preseason package. Now, there are ways around this. You can create a VPN to a location outside the blackout area for instance, but 99% of users aren't going to be able to do this.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #88
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
QoS.
From your ISP? They do not care, they never guarantee bandwidth (maybe fios does).
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #89
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Isn't a huge amount of internet traffic Netflix? Netflix never bogs down for me.
Yes but the usage varies..lets say every nfl fan starts streaming at 1:00 pm on Sunday - I can see that being an issue
Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #90
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
It's actually pretty easy. Your location can be discerned from from your ISP. MLB has a streaming package which has blackouts enforced. Same thing for the NFL's live streaming preseason package. Now, there are ways around this. You can create a VPN to a location outside the blackout area for instance, but 99% of users aren't going to be able to do this.
Or a proxy server?
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #91
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
From your ISP? They do not care, they never guarantee bandwidth (maybe fios does).
Verizon Fios internet works great. TV, not so much. Channels freeze up all the time. usually if I change the channel and wait a few minutes, things will start running again. Sometimes though, I just have to unplug the power to the cable box, plug it back in and wait for all the channels to get reset.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #92
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

games on youtube will be sh*t... this is a bad idea.. hopefully Dtv keeps the exclusive rights
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #93
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yes but the usage varies..lets say every nfl fan starts streaming at 1:00 pm on Sunday - I can see that being an issue
An NFL premium subscription service like Sunday Ticket is never going to see the kind of utilization numbers Netflix already deals with. Most fans follow local teams. So there's no need to pay for (or stream) what they can already watch for free.

There are quite a few fans that like to watch every game possible. But it's nothing in comparison to the number of people streaming online video content from other services.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #94
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
QoS can be used to categorize traffic and shape it. Not thinking about Guarantee of bandwidth but a limit per stream. Any ISP should be able to manage this.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #95
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
QoS can be used to categorize traffic and shape it. Not thinking about Guarantee of bandwidth but a limit per stream. Any ISP should be able to manage this.
Should and Will are 2 totally different things. This works great if you have solid reliable High speed Internet service. However, the minute school lets out in my neighborhood and all the kids get on the internet I lose a ton of speed. And thanks to the government and rules on providers, I have the best Internet in a Major Suburb of a Major City with little to NO competition.

Unless I MOVE or someone finally offers real HSI around here, that option sucks for me and I do tend to watch at least 5 or 6 NFL games per week.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #96
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I doubt Youtube would strike any sort of exclusive deal, the infrastructure just isn't there yet. If the NFL strikes some sort of non-exclusive deal with multiple providers, I think Youtube could be a great option for some (ME).
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote