The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
I have no idea how this will pan out, but...with that said...

There's no way YouTube/Google outbids Directv/Comcast/etc and then offers this for free.

Only fooling yourself if that's what you're hoping for.
But maybe they'd be willing to offer team packages to entice people to pay something instead of nothing to follow their favorite teams out of market.

$100 for the Broncos
$200/$250 for the entire NFL or something

Heck, they could even price different teams differently: Pats, Giants, Cowboys - $150, Lions, Cards - $75, raiders - Google has to pay $50 to people to watch.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I don't know why the NFL just doesn't stream it themselves.
Probably the same reason Google does not have a pro football league.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #28
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But maybe they'd be willing to offer team packages to entice people to pay something instead of nothing to follow their favorite teams out of market.

$100 for the Broncos

Heck, they could even price different teams differently: Pats, Giants, Cowboys - $150, Lions, Cards - $75, raiders - Google has to pay $50 to people to watch.
NFL would have global reach. Advertising can discount the subscription as well.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #29
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The only reason I have dtv is Sunday ticket. Would love to have another option.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #30
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Probably the same reason Google does not have a pro football league.
NFL.com already has Rewind (did they stream their Thur games last year? I know NBC does for SNF)
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #31
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
really, didn't know that, but are they going to be able to put the games on all of their big screen TVs?
Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc, all provide content through the internet. My Bluray player has apps for these, as well as YouTube. It wouldn't be hard to do.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #32
Johnykbr

Not a fan of this. I love to have my laptop up and running while watching sports and if this is streaming in HD quality there are always those days where you have to kill off every device accessing the internet just to watch something on Netflix.

I, like 99 percent of other viewers, will lose my **** when Manning throws deep to DT and right before he grabs it, the TV stops and says "Buffering"
Old 08-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #33
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Make it happen.

Pay per game, whatever.

I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Google is smart enough to make it a lot more accessible than DirecTV has as well. Apps for consoles, mobile options, Roku type players. This would be a good thing, IMO.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #35
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
sure, for half the day when the broncos play on sunday.

there are 6 sundays i'll be watching Redzone for 7 straight hours (without commercials!!)
So clearly you're missing the point, let me help you. The point is, Sunday ticket will not die, because people want to watch their team, play their game. The world is big enough for both Redzone and Sunday ticket.

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #36
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
I have no idea how this will pan out, but...with that said...

There's no way YouTube/Google outbids Directv/Comcast/etc and then offers this for free.

Only fooling yourself if that's what you're hoping for.
Do you know where Google gets a large majority of their billions of dollars in revenue from? Ads. This is just another way to put more ads on Youtube AND charge more to put ads on Youtube.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #37
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I am for this.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #38
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

that would be awesome .......

I can't stand most tv. I'd cancel it and get the google package with netflix/apple tv and call it a day.

I could care less about the ads. you knew they would find a way to advertise.

the bottom dollar is my concern.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Not a fan of this. I love to have my laptop up and running while watching sports and if this is streaming in HD quality there are always those days where you have to kill off every device accessing the internet just to watch something on Netflix.

I, like 99 percent of other viewers, will lose my **** when Manning throws deep to DT and right before he grabs it, the TV stops and says "Buffering"
I know what you mean! Dial-up, sucks! I've been looking into this cable thing, I've heard so much about. You want me to forward over the information to you?

Last edited by HILife; 08-21-2013 at 02:51 PM..
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
Powderaddict

I'd be all over this. Great idea IMO.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #41
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Microsoft who just striked an exclusive deal with the NFL for certain things/features with fantasy football and other stuff on the Xbox One will also be pushing hard to pick the Sunday Ticket up believe that.

I imagine they know there are a lot of people that would purchase a new entertainment/gaming console to get access to the NFL Sunday Ticket over having to deal with DirecTV monthly I know I would. Announcing they would be getting the ticket, would help them crush sales over the PS4

I would gladly pay what I pay now to microsoft and I would even pay a bit more if it meant I could cancel all my entire TV service with DTV.

Really sunday ticket is the only thing stopping me from being 100% internet content. We already have options like Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix etc.

Quote:
The NFL on Xbox.

Xbox and the NFL are partnering to shape the future of football forever changing the game. Xbox One will transform the way fans experience the NFL from the living room, through an unparalleled, integrated fantasy experience on the television that is truly social and personal, and new innovations in connected experiences with Skype and Xbox SmartGlass. Xbox is proud to be the Official Interactive Content Provider of the NFL.

btw this guy with RG is no longer with Microsoft, but rem who owns the Seahawks.

Last edited by KevinJames; 08-21-2013 at 02:55 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #42
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
I would love this. Google will find a way to put this out for free (ads) or on the cheap. I can then have the Youtube video streamed to my computer, my phone, or to my tv with Chromecast or some other streaming technology. No need to have a satellite attached to my roof, a special cable box installed, installation fees, wires ran through the house, or dealing with Direct tv. Win, win, win, win, win.
Excpet that streaming quailty will probably be crap. On the other hand it will probably be better than the streaming quility of the links we sometimes have to use now.

We'll see.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #43
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Microsoft who just striked an exclusive deal with the NFL for certain things/features on the Xbox One will also be pushing hard to pick the Sunday Ticket up.

I imagine they know there are a lot of people that would purchase a new entertainment/gaming console to get access to the NFL Sunday Ticket over having to deal with DirecTV monthly I know I would.

I would gladly pay what I pay now to microsoft and I would even pay a bit more if it meant I could cancel all my entire TV service with DTV.

Really sunday ticket is the only thing stopping me from being 100% internet content. We already have options like Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix etc.

I love my 360 and will be getting the XBONE, but MS would absolutely, positively, **** this up. I don't want the NFL license anywhere NEAR Redmond, WA.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #44
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
So clearly you're missing the point, let me help you. The point is, Sunday ticket will not die, because people want to watch their team, play their game. The world is big enough for both Redzone and Sunday ticket.

I agree.....but I think more people are moving away from the NFL Ticket
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I love my 360 and will be getting the XBONE, but MS would absolutely, positively, **** this up. I don't want the NFL license anywhere NEAR Redmond, WA.
^I don't know I think I would prefer it over DirecTV, but I think its a win for us all if it ends up being a non-exclusive deal that DTV strikes, that way we can subscribe through Google, Microsoft, DirecTV, Comcast or whoever else wants to pay the big bucks to grab the package for their line up.

btw Youtube is seriously trippin right now that post you quoted had the wrong video link in it
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #46
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
As an Xbox fanboy myself, I don't want them having control over Sunday Ticket at all.

I can just see it now. For 1600 MS points, you can record! For 1600 more, you can pause!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #47
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

If True

Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #48
Johnykbr

Quote:
I know what you mean! Dial-up, sucks! I've been looking into this cable thing, I've heard so much about. You want me to forward over the information to you?
I have the fastest AT&T DSL (weak) has to offer at 6 mbps (also weak) and there are plenty of days where I can download something on directv while watching something on high quality on Hulu or Netflix...and then there are days where I feel like I am on dialup. My point being is I don't want to have to be reliant on up and down internet speeds or the throttling that will inevitably be done by some of the providers.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I don't know why the NFL just doesn't stream it themselves.
this

Of course, if Google wants to pay the NFL 1-2 billion $ to have it and the NFL can just sit back and let Google run the show, so be it.

You can't argue with the exposure Google/Youtube can provide the NFL.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #50
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

$100 for the Broncos

Or offer single game options. I would pay $10 to see the Bronco's play. To get to the 1 bill mark they are currently at they would need to sell 6,250,000 games per week. Probably not going to happen.

I am surprised DTV makes it work with a nut that high.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote