The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #76
Durango
Ring of Famer
 
Durango's Avatar
 
Woodsman

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durango
Posts: 1,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
We won't be getting von back.
Why is that?
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #77
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,360

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

I'm thinking 10-6. There's so much negativity going on with the team, gives me a bleh feeling about the overall prospects. I think they'll drop two games in the Div, and easily four more outside the Div.

KC can probably get to 8-8, maybe even 9-7 if Reid can coach up Alex Smith.

SD looks to be about the same as last year, maybe a bit better on D with some of their young guys stepping up. 7-9, 8-8.

OAK? Sheesh, 5-6 wins.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #78
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Broncos 19-0
chiefs 0-16
chargers 0-16
raiders 0-16
That's gonna be tricky.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #79
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Agree 100% we aren't losing to Baltimore. I think a more likely start is 4-2 with the losses coming to Dallas and the Giants. We will beat Jax, Oak, and Philly. Need to find one win between Balt, NYG, and Dallas. We will finish 11-5 or 12-4 which will probably be good enough for a bye.

I also agree Baltimore will be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7
I'm tempted the type this in all caps, but why the hell (for the fifth time on these boards) are people afraid of the Cowboys?!?! Stop the madness.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #80
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

I think we go 10-6 or 9-7 and win the division with a (5-1 division record) and then we go HAM in the playoffs beginning with the wildcard round.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #81
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,905
Default

i think i might be drinking more this year

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #82
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

The Cowboys suck.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #83
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Broncos 19-0
chiefs 0-16
chargers 0-16
raiders 0-16
Broncos 19-0
chiefs 0-12-4
chargers 0-12-4
raiders 0-12-4
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #84
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Broncos 19-0
chiefs 0-12-4
chargers 0-12-4
raiders 0-12-4
You give the AFC West rivals waaaaaay too much credit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #85
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
You give the AFC West rivals waaaaaay too much credit.
We all play each other, if one loses the other has to win. So the Chiefs, raiders and Chargers by definition can't all go winless unless they tie each other.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #86
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I'm tempted the type this in all caps, but why the hell (for the fifth time on these boards) are people afraid of the Cowboys?!?! Stop the madness.
I'm more afraid of the Iggles surprising people early in the season, TBH.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #87
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
We all play each other, if one loses the other has to win. So the Chiefs, raiders and Chargers by definition can't all go winless unless they tie each other.
Pffffffffft
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #88
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Pffffffffft


Well played.

Poweraddict wins this round!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #89
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,323
Default

77-0
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #90
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post


Well played.

Poweraddict wins this round!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #91
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #92
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Agree 100% we aren't losing to Baltimore. I think a more likely start is 4-2 with the losses coming to Dallas and the Giants. We will beat Jax, Oak, and Philly. Need to find one win between Balt, NYG, and Dallas. We will finish 11-5 or 12-4 which will probably be good enough for a bye.

I also agree Baltimore will be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7
Exactly. Dallas and NYG will be the tough games not the ravens at home on opening night.

The philly game is a little bit scary. That team on the surface has no defense and offensive line counting on injured, older guys to make a solid comeback. Having said that, it's always scary to play a chip kelly offense. Now if it's the regular hapless eagles who give the ball away on a 1/3 of their possessions, well then Broncos in a rout.

Jax and Oak......

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 08-21-2013 at 07:55 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #93
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I'm tempted the type this in all caps, but why the hell (for the fifth time on these boards) are people afraid of the Cowboys?!?! Stop the madness.
You just never know what you get with the cowboys. They truly are the definition of an 8-8 team. 8 times they look scary good and 8 times they have you wondering why they suck.

That team fails so miserably at the mental part of the game, but their talent gets them ~8 wins a year...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #94
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
You just never know what you get with the cowboys. They truly are the definition of an 8-8 team. 8 times they look scary good and 8 times they have you wondering why they suck.

That team fails so miserably at the mental part of the game, but their talent gets them ~8 wins a year...
Two words every NFL fan needs to know: Jerry Jones. The epitome of a mediocre, egotistical, hypocritical, blowhard who thinks he can run an NFL franchise.

It's good for the Skins At least Snyder let's Shanahan run the football ops now....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #95
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,098

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Not all that worried. With Von I think we beat the cowboys. Now I think we probably drop the Jerry's playhouse game. I also think we lose to the Giants to go 4-2 through the Von stretch.

Overall record of 12-4.
THat sounds about right Razor ... The other two losses could come at Houston on the road and maybe the Colts or possible KC on the road as they always play us close there even when they suck and they should be a lot better this year.

I do think we spank the Brady bunch in Clam Chowderville this year .. its about time.

Im very sorry to lose Von for 6 games but its far from the end of the world and could well work to our long term advantage. We go 4-2 or even worse case 3-3 those first 6 games but keep improving we could be ready to roll those last 10 games. lock up our division and finish 12-4 or 11-5 worse case.

Id rather not have homefield the whole way this time. We are gonna win this one by overcoming some adversity early and that will make us a tougher stronger team by years end.

Of course the nervous nelly poosies here will be knashing their teeth and slitting wrists after the first loss or two as usual, but what else is new around here.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #96
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
THat sounds about right Razor ... The other two losses could come at Houston on the road and maybe the Colts or possible KC on the road as they always play us close there even when they suck and they should be a lot better this year.

I do think we spank the Brady bunch in Clam Chowderville this year .. its about time.

Im very sorry to lose Von for 6 games but its far from the end of the world and could well work to our long term advantage. We go 4-2 or even worse case 3-3 those first 6 games but keep improving we could be ready to roll those last 10 games. lock up our division and finish 12-4 or 11-5 worse case.

Id rather not have homefield the whole way this time. We are gonna win this one by overcoming some adversity early and that will make us a tougher stronger team by years end.

Of course the nervous nelly poosies here will be knashing their teeth and slitting wrists after the first loss or two as usual, but what else is new around here.

I said that last year and you'd a thought I stabbed Elway in the eye.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #97
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
THat sounds about right Razor ... The other two losses could come at Houston on the road and maybe the Colts or possible KC on the road as they always play us close there even when they suck and they should be a lot better this year.

I do think we spank the Brady bunch in Clam Chowderville this year .. its about time.

Im very sorry to lose Von for 6 games but its far from the end of the world and could well work to our long term advantage. We go 4-2 or even worse case 3-3 those first 6 games but keep improving we could be ready to roll those last 10 games. lock up our division and finish 12-4 or 11-5 worse case.

Id rather not have homefield the whole way this time. We are gonna win this one by overcoming some adversity early and that will make us a tougher stronger team by years end.

Of course the nervous nelly poosies here will be knashing their teeth and slitting wrists after the first loss or two as usual, but what else is new around here.
I want homefield but, over 40 degree's
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Denver Broncos