The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #26
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Not really sure where people are seeing 6 losses even without Von.

Raiders might be historically bad this year (2 wins).

No way the Chefs are beating us in a track-meet with captain checkdown at the controls (2 wins).

Chargers have been brutalized by injuries this year (2 wins).

Jags are still starting Suckbert and it's at home (win)

Titans are a pile of meh and it's at home (win)

Eagles have some weapons, but are rebuilding and it's at home (win)

That leaves @Cowboys, @Giants, Redskins, @Texans, Ravens, @Pats, @Colts. I seriously doubt we go 1-6 in those games.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #27
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

The Cowboys game here in Dallas is certainly winnable. Their offensive line is a mess and whomever is filling in for Von will still have a field day.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Ravens will be a playoff team this year. The division will be between them and the Bengals.
I'd take the Bengals over the Ravens in that division. Ravens are going to be average. May luck out and get a wild card.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #29
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
13 DEC 1 11:00AMMST * AT CHIEFS LOSS
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #30
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

- I see the December game at Arrowhead as the only AFCW game we should lose.
- The Ravens are a 9-7 team at best this year.
- The Broncos are still an 11-5 or 12-4 team without Von.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #31
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I'd take the Bengals over the Ravens in that division. Ravens are going to be average. May luck out and get a wild card.
The Bengals defense is going to be real good. I think both them and the Rams will be excellent FF sleepers.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

I see 11-5

Without Champ and Von we lose to the Ravens, Giants and
the Cowboys. 3-3 to start because of Defense, not O.

Lose second one to KC and maybe the Indy or Houston game, likely Houston.
We should be streaking then, but always drop one or two brain fart games.

Will win division but have to be peaking at the end and will not have home field.

We are just too banged up, and unsettled for the season start.

I hope I'm wrong........but I definitely want anything but 13-3 during the regular season. That is just bad luck and we always are one and done if that happens.

12-4 or 14-2 is fine. I don't think we make that high of a record though.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #33
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

This might be just the thing to keep us away from that 13 win curse. Hmmm?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #34
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Von Miller is awesome. A friend even bought me a Von Miller pink jersey, and I love it. So I do love me some Von Miller. Although he does need to get his head straight, the NFL and the money and fame has got to his head in my opinion, he needs a family figure or friend to smack him and say "What are you doing? Stop it."

All that being said, why are people changing our record based on one player, no matter how good he is? He isn't the QB. When you say for instance, that the Giants will beat us, you are saying their offense is more potent than ours. I don't think so. It's not as if Von Millers spot will be EMPTY.. and no one will replace him. The rest of the guys are on our team are pretty ok too.

If our offense lives up to their potential, and our D plays solid, we'll be fine. People are putting too much stock in one player. The only player imo that makes that kind of impact is the QB. Otherwise, you can lose a top rated player and still compete. Losing one guy doesn't mean we suddenly lose several games.

Have some faith.. our offense is potent. Our last SB wins were built the same way. Potent offense, and "manage to get the job done by blitzing lots" defense. If the team does not let this distract them, they will be fine, and will compete in all games.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Von Miller is awesome. A friend even bought me a Von Miller pink jersey, and I love it. So I do love me some Von Miller. Although he does need to get his head straight, the NFL and the money and fame has got to his head in my opinion, he needs a family figure or friend to smack him and say "What are you doing? Stop it."

All that being said, why are people changing our record based on one player, no matter how good he is? He isn't the QB. When you say for instance, that the Giants will beat us, you are saying their offense is more potent than ours. I don't think so. It's not as if Von Millers spot will be EMPTY.. and no one will replace him. The rest of the guys are on our team are pretty ok too.

If our offense lives up to their potential, and our D plays solid, we'll be fine. People are putting too much stock in one player. The only player imo that makes that kind of impact is the QB. Otherwise, you can lose a top rated player and still compete. Losing one guy doesn't mean we suddenly lose several games.

Have some faith.. our offense is potent. Our last SB wins were built the same way. Potent offense, and "manage to get the job done by blitzing lots" defense. If the team does not let this distract them, they will be fine, and will compete in all games.
I'm just treating it like we lost him to a 6 week injury. It sucks, but we have a good enough team to go 4-2 or better through those games without him. We should have Von for the playoffs which is when we really need him.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #36
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I don't know what the fear is in the Cowboys (knocking on wood here), but we haven't lost to them since '92, I believe? Anyway, I say we go 13-3. The team is not Von... It's his to earn, but in the mean time Manning/Champ will have us fired up.

GO BRONCOS!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #37
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

We are still going to win the west! The raiders suck, the chiefs aren't that good, and the Chargers are regressing. We have nothing to worry about with that.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #38
Randall Flagg

Say what you want, but I see the Chiefs sweeping the Chargers and the Broncos dropping the game at Arrowhead and the Chiefs going 10-6 (finishing second)

Broncos 12-4
Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #39
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

12-4

Since most everybody says we have one of the best rosters in the NFL this should be reached no excuses.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 08-20-2013 at 10:49 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #40
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Our all time record in Arrowhead in December is pretty terrible.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Im gonna say 9-7 10-6...expecct the worst hope for the best
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I see 11-5

Without Champ and Von we lose to the Ravens, Giants and
the Cowboys. 3-3 to start because of Defense, not O.

Lose second one to KC and maybe the Indy or Houston game, likely Houston.
We should be streaking then, but always drop one or two brain fart games.

Will win division but have to be peaking at the end and will not have home field.

We are just too banged up, and unsettled for the season start.

I hope I'm wrong........but I definitely want anything but 13-3 during the regular season. That is just bad luck and we always are one and done if that happens.

12-4 or 14-2 is fine. I don't think we make that high of a record though.
I very well might be wrong but I don't know why people are so scared of the Raven offense. I do not see us losing all three of those games
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

And if recent history tells us anything, who cares about playoff seeding. Just get in
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #44
Bronco Yoda

11-5 We still win the AFC West.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 AM   #45
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
And if recent history tells us anything, who cares about playoff seeding. Just get in
Hell, Bronco history tells us the same thing.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #46
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't think there's any way Peyton lets this team lose in Indy either
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #47
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
While last year's Denver Broncos were rightly celebrated for the strength of their offense, their defense also deserved plenty of plaudits. After all, Jack Del Rio's unit jumped all the way from 24th to fourth in scoring defense, allowing a mere 18.1 points per game during the regular season. How did they pull that off? Well, you know about the big names on the defense, but one hidden path they took toward success went through an oft-underrated locale: health. Nine of Denver's 11 defensive starters played in all 16 games, with linebacker Wesley Woodyard missing one game and cornerback Tracy Porter only making it through six. (Linebacker Joe Mays did miss time, but that came after he lost his job to veteran Keith Brooking.) That's 11 missed starts, an impressively low total that's also extremely difficult to sustain from year to year.

It already seemed likely the Broncos might take a step backward after losing Elvis Dumervil to the Ravens in free agency, but after the past few days, they're facing a devastating shortage for the early portion of the 2013 season. During their preseason game against the Seahawks this weekend, three players suffered injuries that could keep them out for meaningful action.

First, linebacker Stewart Bradley, who was competing for a starting job on the inside, suffered a wrist injury that forced him to undergo surgery on Monday. Then, star cornerback Champ Bailey went down with a foot injury that forced him onto crutches after the game; he has a foot sprain that is expected to keep him out for several weeks. Defensive lineman Derek Wolfe, a rising player, had the most distressing injury of all. His spinal injury saw him leave the field on a stretcher and then be taken away by ambulance. Fortunately, Wolfe retained movement in his extremities and passed a series of tests after the game. It's great to see that Wolfe is (relatively) OK, but there aren't any details yet as to whether he'll miss time.

After that injury-riddled weekend, you would have forgiven the Broncos' wish for a quiet Monday. Instead, they got more bad news. Details of Von Miller's impending suspension broke, and while there were previously rumors that Miller might be suspended for four games with the possibility of appealing down to a shorter sentence, new reports suggested that Miller will likely be suspended for six games, with some small hope of reducing the sentence to four.

The story also detailed the nature of Miller's transgressions. He reportedly tested positive for marijuana and amphetamines after the 2011 lockout, with a second incident occurring more recently. In that incident, Miller apparently spilled a would-be sample, wasn't able to produce a second sample, and then delivered a "diluted" sample after drinking fluids throughout a subsequent practice. It seems like a pretty frustrating way to lose six games of a regular season.

If you're a Broncos fan, this has to be distressing. Losing Dumervil this offseason was one thing; the Broncos could probably have approximated his production with the arrival of Shaun Phillips from San Diego in free agency. Now, it's entirely possible that the Broncos will begin the 2013 season without their four best defenders from last season: Miller, Bailey, Dumervil, and Wolfe, plus Bradley, who was on the verge of winning the job at their weakest spot on the line. And even if Wolfe is able to come back from his spinal injury relatively quickly, there's no way they can replace an absent Miller or Bailey. Those guys are just too good, and there's nobody on the roster who can do a passable imitation of their skills. Missing them both at the same time could be truly brutal.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...d-their-encore
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #48
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Yes sir. You are correct sir.

And we are typically good for laying one big egg a season against a team we have no business losing to. Now, that was before the little known Manning Effect so that should be accounted for as well.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #49
Bacchus

Quote:
Yeah but it is 0-0 since Petyon came to town. No other stats really mean a mound of ****.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #50
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Yeah but it is 0-0 since Petyon came to town. No other stats really mean a mound of ****.
Manning Effect. You know of it.