The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default The Seahawks game was a preseason game right?

I was watching the game with the wife and was trying to explain to her why I hate the seahawks so much now.

I pointed out how they were acting like this was a playoff game.

Starters celebrating every play like they might lose there job if they don't.

Extra hard hitting and extra-curricular activity after plays.

They punched us in the mouth, but it was the preseason, what was the point?

They basically acted like I would imagine they're douche coach acts 24/7.

She, of course, being contractually obligated to play devils advocate with everything I say, says: Well isn't that how you're supposed to play football? Maybe you're just mad because they won 40-10.

So was I wrong in how I felt? Sure I am a homer and proud of it, but who else freaking hates the seahawks with a passion now?
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

I gotta side w/the gf on this one. Though it's not to be expected for preseason, I would have been very proud of the Broncos if they came with that passion for them, as well.

I understand why most teams don't. But, I can't say I'd be upset if they wanted to punch the other team in the mouth, regardless of the time of yr.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Well reading this board and twitter and my own mind, it was not at all a preseason game!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

not to mention, the score was hardly indicitive of what happened on the field. Aberrations are a big part of football, I get that, and they can affect the outcomes of games, and often times seasons. But this was a preseason game where aberrations are wholly irrelevant.

The Broncos offense didnt have much trouble driving up and down the field on a pretty good D.

The defense does concern me, however, but its not like they were getting lit up for points either.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I like the seahawks, but I hate the coach
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I like the seahawks, but I hate the coach
Yeah, I really do like Rusell Willson, I hope his coach doesn't rub off on him too much. I'm a UCLA alum so I've always had a healthy level of disdain for Pete the Cheat.
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think it's been a dramatic week and people are hand-wringing. One preseason game doesn't make a season. One regular season game usually doesn't make a season. Every one needs to calm down.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Pete Carroll is a great coach. He came in and completely reinvigorated that team. Now I wonder why Fox can't do the same thing with the Broncos.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

The announcers were acting like they won the super bowl. Did they not realize that the Broncos offense was doing whatever they wanted without their best OL in the game? Seahawks can be the Champions of preseason all they want, they just prove they are a bunch of dbag a-holes after the mode of their coach.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Pete Carroll is a great coach. He came in and completely reinvigorated that team. Now I wonder why Fox can't do the same thing with the Broncos.
Is this post serious? We went from picking second overall to back to back division titles under Fox - one of them with Tebow at QB. We won 13 games last season. Are we going to be "reinvigorated" to 15-1?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Was I the only person to call an Illegal Chop Block (high/low) on the play that injured Wolfe??
(Been waiting to see if a thread popped up...?)

I agree with the OP though, IMO Seattle were in post-season hype mode ... I got $20 tha says Russell Wilson either sucks or gets killed while scrambling this year.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Is this post serious? We went from picking second overall to back to back division titles under Fox - one of them with Tebow at QB. We won 13 games last season. Are we going to be "reinvigorated" to 15-1?
You saw some intensity Saturday night? I didn't. Except from the Seahawks. Hell, Fox can't seem to get his Oline to line up in the right position.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You saw some intensity Saturday night? I didn't. Except from the Seahawks. Hell, Fox can't seem to get his Oline to line up in the right position.
From the preseason game? You're right! Oh noes! We lost a preseason game on some fluky special teams scores and fumbles! Fox should be fired! We need to hire Carol!

Some of you guys are being total vaginas about this.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Seachicken fans are wanna be raider fans, they are horrible people.

The most fair weather fan base I know of. I went to the game and these fools were acting like they won the superbowl harassing every bronco fan they saw. I even seen a bunch of fights after the game.

and funny thing is were not even rivals and its preseason imagine 49ers @ Seattle on a regular season night game....

but yes your right there is nothing to worry about its preseason we don't gameplan preseason games, the last thing anyone should care about is the W-L column in the preseason and worry more about getting out of the thing as healthy as we can for the regular season.

Last edited by KevinJames; 08-19-2013 at 11:54 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Seattle has bought into the Rah Rah college atmosphere that Pete Carrol has brought to town. It seems to work for them so who is to say if this is wrong?

Past history with National Championship college coaches like Barry Switzer, Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier show this rah rah crap wont work in the NFL. One the other hand coaches like Carrol and Harbaugh with the 49s seem to be making it work.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Seattle has bought into the Rah Rah college atmosphere that Pete Carrol has brought to town. It seems to work for them so who is to say if this is wrong?

what? the seahawks have always had this kind of atmosphere at home games. the kingdome used to be one of the toughest places to visit.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
From the preseason game? You're right! Oh noes! We lost a preseason game on some fluky special teams scores and fumbles! Fox should be fired! We need to hire Carol!

Some of you guys are being total vaginas about this.
Your the one being the drama queen. I didn't say that at all. The Broncos played like crap and the Seahawks made them their b****es. And now a bunch of Broncos' fans want to blame it on dirty play by the Seahawks and big, bad Pete Carroll is an ahole, and blah, blah, blah every other excuse in the book. The Broncos looked like they were just standing around waiting for PM to win the game. Or maybe they think they just need to hang around until next February and the league will hand them the Lombardi they deserve? Fox needs to put a flame under some people's asses. They looked like ****.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #18
BroncsCheer

To the OP - it' was obvious to me that the two teams had differing agendas regarding what value they wanted to get out of their 2nd preseason game.

I'm of the mind that for Broncos players and fans to b**** about the Seahawks and how they handled business on Saturday is sour grapes.

It looked a lot like SEA pushing DEN's **** in - but that's not what happened.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The third preseason game is the only one that means anything for the starters. If the Broncos flame out in that game than maybe I'm a little concerned. As for this Seattle game, it was a dick punch for sure but I think that is more a reflection of Petey than anything else.

Remember, last year was Petey's final year unless something remarkable happened. Well, Russell Wilson turned out to be a solid young QB. But I'll say the same thing about him as I'll say about any rookie QB who had a great season--they NFL now has film on you. It's not gonna be as easy as it was the first year because the other teams know how to prepare for you as a QB. Seattle is definitely a talented team but they are a team that IMHO, looks like it could rapidly implode. A few bad games, an injury or two, some other random incidents and it could all go up in flames.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Your the one being the drama queen. I didn't say that at all. The Broncos played like crap and the Seahawks made them their b****es. And now a bunch of Broncos' fans want to blame it on dirty play by the Seahawks and big, bad Pete Carroll is an ahole, and blah, blah, blah every other excuse in the book. The Broncos looked like they were just standing around waiting for PM to win the game. Or maybe they think they just need to hang around until next February and the league will hand them the Lombardi they deserve? Fox needs to put a flame under some people's asses. They looked like ****.
You're wrong.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

The defense seemed to have more of a letdown when Wolfe was carted off more than anything else.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the seacocks pushed the broncos around in the pre-season last year. It didn't matter much for the rest of the season
Old 08-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'm still not sure how the seahawks "made us their b****es." Seriously, I honestly think people's opinions of that game would be drastically different if HIllman crossed the goal line.

And that's ****ing insane. Why should ONE inch matter?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The minute the NFL media talking heads started talking about the Broncos being the team to beat this year, I guarantee you the coaches started selling it to their teams: If you can beat the Broncos, you've proved something, preseason or not. I expect the same attitude out of the Rams and Jeff Fisher this weekend. The Broncos should expect to take the best shot a team has every week, at least until they're knocked off the pedestal. Football is the ultimate "king of the hill" game. I expect that first game against the Ratbirds to be a ****ing brawl.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm still not sure how the seahawks "made us their b****es." Seriously, I honestly think people's opinions of that game would be drastically different if HIllman crossed the goal line.

And that's ****ing insane. Why should ONE inch matter?
I don't know why it's so hard to understand. I'm talking about intensity, focus, concentration and all the other intangibles. The Seahawks were jumping around. Fired up. Hitting hard. Knocking the ball loose. The Broncos were playing like they'd rather be somewhere else.