The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #201
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Bull****. This is about you cherry picking the stories you, and people like you, want to use to induce fear in the "white" population. The game is always division. Divide and conquer..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #202
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Perhaps it's because we're not rabid racists and don't jump to conclusions? This is the first day of reporting on this murder.
Well in fairness to Txtebow, he's correct that the main stream media rarely if ever covers black on white crime with the same pit bull tenacity that they do when a white kills a black.

the typical media template is that if a white commits a violent crime against a black person or anyone else that isn't white, it's a hate crime because the white criminal is obviously racially motivated....but I've yet to have read or hear of any minority being charged with a "hate" crime.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #203
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
If that is true I am sure the prosecutors will try to get a hate crime added.
Wanna bet?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #204
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well in fairness to Txtebow, he's correct that the main stream media rarely if ever covers black on white crime with the same pit bull tenacity that they do when a white kills a black.

the typical media template is that if a white commits a violent crime against a black person or anyone else that isn't white, it's a hate crime because the white criminal is obviously racially motivated....but I've yet to have read or hear of any minority being charged with a "hate" crime.
More complaints about the media, from someone who doesn't watch the media.

Btw, in the FBI link I posted a few pages ago, it stated that approximately 18% of all racially motivated hate crimes are committed by blacks.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #205
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
More complaints about the media, from someone who doesn't watch the media.

Btw, in the FBI link I posted a few pages ago, it stated that approximately 18% of all racially motivated hate crimes are committed by blacks.
Do you honestly think that's accurate?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #206
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ture-nro-staff

The Republican governor of Oklahoma, Mary Fallin, told host Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday that she thought it would be a “nice gesture” for President Obama to comment on the killing of Australian baseball player Chris Lane.

Fallin said she also intends to speak about the killing.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #207
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Do you honestly think that's accurate?
Do you got a source that outweighs the FBI that says otherwise.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #208
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ture-nro-staff

The Republican governor of Oklahoma, Mary Fallin, told host Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday that she thought it would be a “nice gesture” for President Obama to comment on the killing of Australian baseball player Chris Lane.

Fallin said she also intends to speak about the killing.
Typical BS. Trying to equate this with trayvon martin.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #209
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Typical BS. Trying to equate this with trayvon martin.
Yup. txtebow should read the article posted previously in this thread, conveniently re-linked below. I guess the real issue isn't whether or not he reads it, but whether or not he understands it. I'm betting against both.


http://www.salon.com/2013/08/23/the_...h_black_crime/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #210
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Do you got a source that outweighs the FBI that says otherwise.
Common sense.

“An analysis of ‘single offender victimization figures’ from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks."

http://patdollard.com/2013/08/fbi-bl...n-the-reverse/
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #211
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Common sense.

“An analysis of ‘single offender victimization figures’ from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks."

http://patdollard.com/2013/08/fbi-bl...n-the-reverse/
Pat dollard!? Really!? The crap he puts out outweighs the FBI.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #212
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

No, the stats he posted were true and they can be found on the FBI website. The difference is that I'm talking about crimes where race was determined to be a determining factor (ie hate crimes) and he's talking about crime in general with no racial motivation.

Yes, I trust those numbers, because they've been pretty stable ever since they've been tracked. If they fluctuated depending on who is president, then the narrative of black people just out to get white people would fit. But it's just an accusation based off anger and not fact, much like the entire conservative platform these days.

As far as the media's role, I've already made my case, and until someone can tell me why Fox News covered up and/or didn't report a lot of poll numbers leading up to the election other than trying to make sure their customer base would keep hope alive, that remains the most obvious answer for the lack of media coverage on some of these cases. Otherwise you are no better than gaff or Baka, believing in some grand conspiracy...to accomplish...something.

The fact also still remains that the people complaining have also always shouted the loudest that they would never even watch msnbc or CNN. Unless these guys have all the sudden started watching, they wouldn't have the first clue as to what is being covered. And as someone who probably consumes more media in one day than most of them do in one week, I can also definitively say that this stuff actually is covered pretty regularly on segments, but is definitely pre-empted by stories about more pressing matters to their customer base such as voting rights, budget and foreign policy.

It is rather amusing, this discussion. It's like having someone who admits to ONLY ever watching the Raiders telling a Broncos fan that the Broncos never run play action.

The media: Either start consuming it or stop complaining about it. You can't do both.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #213
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
As far as the media's role, I've already made my case, and until someone can tell me why Fox News covered up and/or didn't report a lot of poll numbers leading up to the election other than trying to make sure their customer base would keep hope alive, that remains the most obvious answer for the lack of media coverage on some of these cases. Otherwise you are no better than gaff or Baka, believing in some grand conspiracy...to accomplish...something.

The fact also still remains that the people complaining have also always shouted the loudest that they would never even watch msnbc or CNN. Unless these guys have all the sudden started watching, they wouldn't have the first clue as to what is being covered. And as someone who probably consumes more media in one day than most of them do in one week, I can also definitively say that this stuff actually is covered pretty regularly on segments, but is definitely pre-empted by stories about more pressing matters to their customer base such as voting rights, budget and foreign policy.

It is rather amusing, this discussion. It's like having someone who admits to ONLY ever watching the Raiders telling a Broncos fan that the Broncos never run play action.

The media: Either start consuming it or stop complaining about it. You can't do both.
So what you are saying is that you watch Fox News on a regular basis so you can complain about the style of news coverage they offer.

That explains a lot as to why they are number one in cable news viewers.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #214
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
So what you are saying is that you watch Fox News on a regular basis so you can complain about the style of news coverage they offer.

That explains a lot as to why they are number one in cable news viewers.
Not the reason for, just the result of.

And if you look at the demographics, you'll see why "more people watch" Fox...

How many people under 35 actually watch anything on TV anymore, let alone cable television news?

Last edited by houghtam; 08-26-2013 at 09:01 AM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #215
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
No, the stats he posted were true and they can be found on the FBI website. The difference is that I'm talking about crimes where race was determined to be a determining factor (ie hate crimes) and he's talking about crime in general with no racial motivation.

Yes, I trust those numbers, because they've been pretty stable ever since they've been tracked. If they fluctuated depending on who is president, then the narrative of black people just out to get white people would fit. But it's just an accusation based off anger and not fact, much like the entire conservative platform these days.
So there were approximately 3,000 race motivated hate crimes 2,100 of which were white on black. Is it possible that 2,100 of the 434,000 black on white crimes were racially motivated?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #216
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
So there were approximately 3,000 race motivated hate crimes 2,100 of which were white on black. Is it possible that 2,100 of the 434,000 black on white crimes were racially motivated?
Yes.

What's your reasoning, a 30 year long conspiracy whereby the liberals have taken over the data provision and analysis of the FBI regardless of which party is in power?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #217
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Pat dollard!? Really!? The crap he puts out outweighs the FBI.
I will say though that if you go to that link and look at the picture headlining the article, it's pretty clear the goal... "Lookit the angry black mob comin' to git ya!"

Yellow journalism at its finest. Well, come on...this isn't journalism.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #218
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
90% of interracial murder is black on white. You'd never know it by media coverage.
You would never know by the media coverage that interracial murder has been declining over the last 20 years and that racism is not as bad as it used to be despite Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other people like you that want to keep the hate alive.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #219
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You would never know by the media coverage that interracial murder has been declining over the last 20 years and that racism is not as bad as it used to be despite Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other people like you that want to keep the hate alive.
False equivalency to compare Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to the likes of txtebow and others like him. Racism isn't as bad but isn't by any means gone. Racism is alive and well in 2013,exposing its existence is not keeping hate alive.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #220
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yes.

What's your reasoning, a 30 year long conspiracy whereby the liberals have taken over the data provision and analysis of the FBI regardless of which party is in power?
My reasoning is that law enforcement and society are less willing to call a black on white crime racially motivated. Look at the Australian jogger. One of the perps made racial statements about whites on facebook but we are still afraid of saying race had anything to do with it. But Zimmerman volunteered helping black youth and came from a multicultural background but he was and still is labeled a racist.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #221
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I will say though that if you go to that link and look at the picture headlining the article, it's pretty clear the goal... "Lookit the angry black mob comin' to git ya!"

Yellow journalism at its finest. Well, come on...this isn't journalism.
And your Huff Post link was pushing an agenda as well. They both used the same source for their purposes. To highlight the 2k white on black hate crimes but ignore the 434k black on white crimes only helps prove my point.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #222
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
My reasoning is that law enforcement and society are less willing to call a black on white crime racially motivated. Look at the Australian jogger. One of the perps made racial statements about whites on facebook but we are still afraid of saying race had anything to do with it. But Zimmerman volunteered helping black youth and came from a multicultural background but he was and still is labeled a racist.
BS. Even the DA there said there's no evidence of racial motivation & couldn't say with any certainty that they posted those statements. It was a thrill kill pure & simple. Not mention that one of the perps was white. Also they went after a black kid,let me repeat they went after a black kid as well,which is how they got caught to begin with. The comparison to trayvon martin is bogus.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #223
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
BS. Even the DA there said there's no evidence of racial motivation & couldn't say with any certainty that they posted those statements. It was a thrill kill pure & simple. Not mention that one of the perps was white. Also they went after a black kid,let me repeat they went after a black kid as well,which is how they got caught to begin with. The comparison to trayvon martin is bogus.
I'm comparing the situation to Zimmerman not Martin. Zimmerman was labeled a racist without reason. You are just helping to prove my point. We don't want to label black on white crime ad racially motivated.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #224
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I'm comparing the situation to Zimmerman not Martin. Zimmerman was labeled a racist without reason. You are just helping to prove my point. We don't want to label black on white crime ad racially motivated.
I get the point you're trying to make,but there was/is reasoning behind considering Zimmerman racist. These are are two completely different situations no matter how you slice it.

Last edited by peacepipe; 08-26-2013 at 11:50 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #225
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I get the point you're trying to make,but there was/is reasoning behind considering Zimmerman racist. These are are two completely different situations no matter how you slice it.
What reasoning for Zimmerman? One of the kids said they hate white people.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Denver Broncos