The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #51
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm still not sure how the seahawks "made us their b****es." Seriously, I honestly think people's opinions of that game would be drastically different if HIllman crossed the goal line.

And that's ****ing insane. Why should ONE inch matter?
Because its a game of inches?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #52
DENVERDUI55

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...106626&page=10

I posted already but same reaction after last years Seattle game too.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #53
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...106626&page=10

I posted already but same reaction after last years Seattle game too.
First 4 games of the season how did they look? Was it the same concerns that were in that game? Or was it just playing tough teams to start that season
Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #54
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is nothing new. Peyton Manning teams have always gotten their asses kicked by the more physical teams.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #55
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
First 4 games of the season how did they look? Was it the same concerns that were in that game? Or was it just playing tough teams to start that season
Played best teams in the league at the time early on last year. New players and new system there was a learning curve for sure. I'm worried more about all the cancer going on vs what I saw on the field. I am not sure a team has ever won anything with this much off the field BS.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #56
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This is nothing new. Peyton Manning teams have always gotten their asses kicked by the more physical teams.
Go crawl back under your rock Chiefs fan. Peyton Manning has accomplished more in his career than your team has throughout its 50+ year existence.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #57
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He won a SB over the most physical team in the NFL that year.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #58
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Not disagreeing about that. But the assumption that "possession while breaking the plane of the goal" would end the play (even though he did fumble the ball, that play is almost always called a touchdown) is understandable. I'm just glad the "object lesson" they got was during a meaningless preseason game.

After Wolfe's injury, it wouldn't have displeased me at all if Fox had benched all of the starters and left nothing but "bubble players" on the field. If Carroll wanted to "make a statement" then let him make it vs. 3rd stringers.
I've watched USC for all the years Carroll was there. I don't think he had any thought of a "statement" game. He coaches his players to come out like that for every game. It's a little "college" for the NFL (and he didn't do so well his first shot in the NFL with the Pats) but we'll see. So far, that team looks better than they have in years. Harbaugh is doing the same thing with the Niners. I guess if you can get the vets to buy into it, it will work.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #59
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This message is hidden because KCStud is a sheep screwing moron.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #60
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I've watched USC for all the years Carroll was there. I don't think he had any thought of a "statement" game. He coaches his players to come out like that for every game. It's a little "college" for the NFL (and he didn't do so well his first shot in the NFL with the Pats) but we'll see. So far, that team looks better than they have in years. Harbaugh is doing the same thing with the Niners. I guess if you can get the vets to buy into it, it will work.
I think both of those teams play like they do because of the way they are built not the rah rah coaching. They both have physical defensive and offensive lines, young very promising QB's, and great running game and defense.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #61
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I think both of those teams play like they do because of the way they are built not the rah rah coaching. They both have physical defensive and offensive lines, young very promising QB's, and great running game and defense.
Harbaugh was at the top of my wish list for replacing McD. He builds lines. First.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #62
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Harbaugh was at the top of my wish list for replacing McD. He builds lines. First.
I was sending letters(jk) to Dove Valley for him. Elway I'm sure wanted him to since i watched Elway walk the sidelines in Stanford for a few games that year. It wasn't gonna happen though cause Harbaugh only needed to cross the bay bridge. He was already adored by the community around there.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Because its a game of inches?
Just when I thought comments couldnt get stupider. Enter this one.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #64
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Played best teams in the league at the time early on last year. New players and new system there was a learning curve for sure. I'm worried more about all the cancer going on vs what I saw on the field. I am not sure a team has ever won anything with this much off the field BS.
There's a ton of Von noise, but im not sure what else. (and im not buying that the players really care if Tom Heckert is drunk or not). If our injured players are back by week 1, which looks possible, we've gone thorugh the preseason only losing Koppen and Von for 6 or so weeks.

I'm not sure what the "cancer" is.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #65
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Perhaps he was the same way in preseason when he was with the Pats, but if so, it didn't stick in my mind that he had his team quite this aggressive so early in preseason. A mindset like that -- especially if a specific team makes a habit of sidelining other teams' starters -- will eventually result in increased support for eliminating exhibition games entirely. No one wants to see players being injured in meaningless games.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #66
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I wanted him too but he didn't even take the invite to Denver. In reality though Nolan and Singletary built the trenches there and that team was set up for Harbaugh.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #67
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Honestly, there's only one way to play football and that's all out. You play it any other way and you risk getting injured or spanked. We moved the ball pretty much at will. There's areas we need to tighten up but I don't think there's a person in the world other then Seahag fans that think if this was week 12 or something, this would be a tight game.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #68
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
I wanted him too but he didn't even take the invite to Denver. In reality though Nolan and Singletary built the trenches there and that team was set up for Harbaugh.
True.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #69
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Honestly, there's only one way to play football and that's all out. You play it any other way and you risk getting injured or spanked. We moved the ball pretty much at will. There's areas we need to tighten up but I don't think there's a person in the world other then Seahag fans that think if this was week 12 or something, this would be a tight game.
Yes. I think the Broncos are guilty of treating this like a pre-season game, while the 'hawks treated it like a playoff game. It looked bad, for sure, but I saw enough positives to believe the Broncos are still the contenders they have been projected to be.

Btw, the Broncos have played 2 Super Bowl contenders on the road in consecutive weeks now, and are 1-1. One was close, one wasn't. I am sure they are embarrassed by their lack of intensity in the game on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos don't take it out on the Rams this week. In fact, I would be disappointed if they didn't.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #70
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Who gives a **** about some aberration!!!!

Your assertion was that the broncos got manhandled and out strengthed. Why are you pointing to one play where there was a mental lapse! Plus, my guess is a bunch of Broncos thought Hillman crossed the goal line and the play was over. Its a brain fart, yes, but the way youre making it sound, they got their ass kicked all night
The level of focus and intensity can hardly be pegged an "aberration". Face it, the Seahawks punked the Broncos, let's consider ourselves lucky that it doesn't count for anything other than, hopefully, a wake up call.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #71
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The level of focus and intensity can hardly be pegged an "aberration". Face it, the Seahawks punked the Broncos, let's consider ourselves lucky that it doesn't count for anything other than, hopefully, a wake up call.
I refuse to buy into this simplistic argument about "focus" when such a thing is so hard to measure. And the "aberration" was a 107 yard fumble return when some of the broncos probably just assumed the play was over. If you want to fault them for that, that's fine, go right ahead. But as I've said a million times, if Hillman crosses the goal line, these "focus" arguments probably go away because the score would be more indicative of the play on the field. And in the preseason, 1 singular inch doesn't make a difference.

And I'm not sure fumbling is a "focus" problem. Sometimes **** just happens in football. its a game of a million variables and sometimes the balls don't bounce your way. Seattle played better than us, but sometimes the scoreboard doesn't tell the entire truth. Do you think Seattle's defensive coordinator was happy with the way his D played? You think the fact that the Hillman drive ended in an odd touchdown negated the way Manning gashed them for 79 yards and 11 inches? Doubt it.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #72
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I refuse to buy into this simplistic argument about "focus" when such a thing is so hard to measure. And the "aberration" was a 107 yard fumble return when some of the broncos probably just assumed the play was over. If you want to fault them for that, that's fine, go right ahead. But as I've said a million times, if Hillman crosses the goal line, these "focus" arguments probably go away because the score would be more indicative of the play on the field. And in the preseason, 1 singular inch doesn't make a difference.

And I'm not sure fumbling is a "focus" problem. Sometimes **** just happens in football. its a game of a million variables and sometimes the balls don't bounce your way. Seattle played better than us, but sometimes the scoreboard doesn't tell the entire truth. Do you think Seattle's defensive coordinator was happy with the way his D played? You think the fact that the Hillman drive ended in an odd touchdown negated the way Manning gashed them for 79 yards and 11 inches? Doubt it.
See, I refuse to buy into the idea that because it was preseason "aberrations" shouldn't count.

I think focus and intensity are far simpler to measure than what constitutes an "aberration" during a football game. Every play that takes place is unique, how you carry out your assignments and react to the unexpected is what determines how each play turns out. Those plays you call aberrations were examples of both poor execution and poor reactions.

Assuming that a play is over is a complete lack of focus. You're playing professional football, you've been told since you were 5 to play until the whistle blows. You can put forth all the "ifs" that you want, I'd rather keep the discussion on what actually happened; and the Broncos got taken behind the woodshed.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #73
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That was all Scot McClughon and Baalke. Singletary was responsible for Taylor Mays pick though. He wanted him while the others weren't on board.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #74
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
See, I refuse to buy into the idea that because it was preseason "aberrations" shouldn't count.

I think focus and intensity are far simpler to measure than what constitutes an "aberration" during a football game. Every play that takes place is unique, how you carry out your assignments and react to the unexpected is what determines how each play turns out. Those plays you call aberrations were examples of both poor execution and poor reactions.

Assuming that a play is over is a complete lack of focus. You're playing professional football, you've been told since you were 5 to play until the whistle blows. You can put forth all the "ifs" that you want, I'd rather keep the discussion on what actually happened; and the Broncos got taken behind the woodshed.
Still not buying that a singular odd moment negates a multiude of moments that existed prior. Especially when said moment doesn't have real consequences ... as nothing in the preseason is real.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #75
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Still not buying that a singular odd moment negates a multiude of moments that existed prior. Especially when said moment doesn't have real consequences ... as nothing in the preseason is real.
So nothing counts except the positive. Gotcha. BTW there were 33 points worth of moments other than the only play you want to refer to.