The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Doesn't bother me a bit! They played hard and physical, preseason or not. I think its a good wake up call for the Bronx that were just not going to walk through this season and make it to the Super Bowl. We can compete with anybody but when you turn the ball over and play sloppy your going to get beat. I would like a rematch with the Seamonkeys in the Super Bowl to give them that ass kickin in return!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't know why it's so hard to understand. I'm talking about intensity, focus, concentration and all the other intangibles. The Seahawks were jumping around. Fired up. Hitting hard. Knocking the ball loose. The Broncos were playing like they'd rather be somewhere else.
What is this even based on other than your perception?

The Broncos had basically no issues moving up and down the field. And its not like the seahawks, with the exception of one drive, were doing the same to us.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
What is this even based on other than your perception?

The Broncos had basically no issues moving up and down the field. And its not like the seahawks, with the exception of one drive, were doing the same to us.
40 to 10?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #29
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
40 to 10?
Seattle Drive Summaries
START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT
13:50 1 05:13 SEA 35 10 65 Touchdown
06:49 1 01:46 SEA 46 5 30 Field Goal
01:52 1 00:12 SEA -7 0 0 Touchdown
07:37 2 00:55 DEN 28 4 5 Field Goal
04:23 2 02:00 DEN 46 4 8 Downs
01:46 2 01:14 DEN 38 6 38 Touchdown
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
40 to 10?
Again, you're talking about a couple of abberation scores and letting it cloud what happened on the field. If the Broncos kicked their ass for 79 yards and 11 inches, and then hillman fumbles and they happen to run it back...suddenly they are more "physical" than us?

It goes back to my original point. If Hillman scores, your entire perception of the game is different. And that's nonsense
Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Again, you're talking about a couple of abberation scores and letting it cloud what happened on the field. If the Broncos kicked their ass for 79 yards and 11 inches, and then hillman fumbles and they happen to run it back...suddenly they are more "physical" than us?

It goes back to my original point. If Hillman scores, your entire perception of the game is different. And that's nonsense
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Go back and watch the Hillman fumble then. The ball is fumbled into the EZ. Who pursues it? Who follows up? Who has their head in the game? The Broncos stand around like the play is over. Then watch the pursuit down the field, if you can call it that. Browner is hauling ass. The Broncos are jogging, pegging the don't-give-a-**** meter. Question #2: What the **** is Hillman doing fumbling in the EZ? He's in the NFL. Doesn't he know how to hold onto the ****ing ball? Does he have a coach?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think it's been a dramatic week and people are hand-wringing. One preseason game doesn't make a season. One regular season game usually doesn't make a season. Every one needs to calm down.
Unless you root for a team like kFc who only manages to win 2 games a year. In that case one week does make a season!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #33
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Go back and watch the Hillman fumble then. The ball is fumbled into the EZ. Who pursues it? Who follows up? Who has their head in the game? The Broncos stand around like the play is over. Then watch the pursuit down the field, if you can call it that. Browner is hauling ass. The Broncos are jogging, pegging the don't-give-a-**** meter. Question #2: What the **** is Hillman doing fumbling in the EZ? He's in the NFL. Doesn't he know how to hold onto the ****ing ball? Does he have a coach?
Who gives a **** about some aberration!!!!

Your assertion was that the broncos got manhandled and out strengthed. Why are you pointing to one play where there was a mental lapse! Plus, my guess is a bunch of Broncos thought Hillman crossed the goal line and the play was over. Its a brain fart, yes, but the way youre making it sound, they got their ass kicked all night
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

Your assertion was that the broncos got manhandled and out strengthed. Why are you pointing to one play where there was a mental lapse! Plus, my guess is a bunch of Broncos thought Hillman crossed the goal line and the play was over. Its a brain fart, yes, but the way youre making it sound, they got their ass kicked all night
no one expects the Spanish inquisition!

Even in PS these guys should be playing to the whistle.

I am glad this happened in the PS and not the RS. Just shows the entire team that they need to continue to work hard and still have a lot of room for improvement.

Hopefully they stop listening to the SB and best team in the league talk, strap it on and get to work. Losing Von for 4-6 games is going to hurt. There are still issues at MLB and as much I think the run game will come around it is still a work in progress. Throw in the 3 injuries, Clady not back yet and the issue at C and we are far from a lock for the SB. I just hope they know that.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

Losing by thirty points means the whole game was a mental lapse. That's not one "aberration" play. It's a dozen. I didn't say they were more physical than us. I said they played with more intensity and focus. Given the fights that kept popping up, the Broncos were clearly frustrated and losing their cool.

I've wasted enough time talking about this preseason game. I'll save my effort for the real season. I just think it's bull**** to try and dump this piss poor effort on the doorstep of Pete Carroll and the other teams "dirty" play. Bull****. The Broncos weren't ready for it and the other team brought much more effort to the field.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #36
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Losing by thirty points means the whole game was a mental lapse. That's not one "aberration" play. It's a dozen. I didn't say they were more physical than us. I said they played with more intensity and focus. Given the fights that kept popping up, the Broncos were clearly frustrated and losing their cool.

I've wasted enough time talking about this preseason game. I'll save my effort for the real season. I just think it's bull**** to try and dump this piss poor effort on the doorstep of Pete Carroll and the other teams "dirty" play. Bull****. The Broncos weren't ready for it and the other team brought much more effort to the field.
Oh, im confusing you with others who said more physical. I still take issure with the "intensity" thing. I have no problems with how the seahawks played...its football, it should be played hard. But 14 points were on a fluke turnover and a kick return where a flag was oddly picked up. And who cares what happened in the second half. Point being, the final score was not indicative of what happened on that field. And that happens in football, but its the preseason, who cares.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #37
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalowlow View Post
I was watching the game with the wife and was trying to explain to her why I hate the seahawks so much now.

I pointed out how they were acting like this was a playoff game.

Starters celebrating every play like they might lose there job if they don't.

Extra hard hitting and extra-curricular activity after plays.

They punched us in the mouth, but it was the preseason, what was the point?

They basically acted like I would imagine they're douche coach acts 24/7.

She, of course, being contractually obligated to play devils advocate with everything I say, says: Well isn't that how you're supposed to play football? Maybe you're just mad because they won 40-10.

So was I wrong in how I felt? Sure I am a homer and proud of it, but who else freaking hates the seahawks with a passion now?
You are right. Preseason games (if they MUST be played) are for getting timing down and getting people to understand their role. It means (or should mean) more to players who don't know if they will make the final cut. The numbers on the scoreboard do not matter...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #38
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I gotta side with the missus on this one.

If you get pushed around by another team it is either because you are not good enough or because you are playing soft and weak. Either way it is your own doing and being mad about it just makes you seem like a 15 year old girl.

Playing hard in the preseason is pretty pointless, several teams have gone 4-0 in the preseason and then sucked it up in the regular season and I know the Colts used to be masters at going 1-3 in the preseason and then win their customary 12+ games.

More than anything the preseason is about sorting out who should play where and when, and going against a team who puts the pressure on helps in that decision because it shoes weaknesses that might not have come to light against a team that was half-assing it.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #39
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
but its the preseason, who cares.
Apparently everyone. What's going to be funny is when the Rams come in here and we wipe the floor with them the same people who insist we are doomed will be declaring us SB champs off an equally meaningless preseason game. - Except for go_denethor.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Apparently everyone. What's going to be funny is when the Rams come in here and we wipe the floor with them the same people who insist we are doomed will be declaring us SB champs off an equally meaningless preseason game. - Except for go_denethor.
haha honestly, if our entire starting offense sat for the next two games, I'm fine with that. In fact, i encourage them to do so. more harm than good can come from it
Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #41
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalowlow View Post
I was watching the game with the wife and was trying to explain to her why I hate the seahawks so much now.

I pointed out how they were acting like this was a playoff game.

Starters celebrating every play like they might lose there job if they don't.

Extra hard hitting and extra-curricular activity after plays.

They punched us in the mouth, but it was the preseason, what was the point?

They basically acted like I would imagine they're douche coach acts 24/7.

She, of course, being contractually obligated to play devils advocate with everything I say, says: Well isn't that how you're supposed to play football? Maybe you're just mad because they won 40-10.

So was I wrong in how I felt? Sure I am a homer and proud of it, but who else freaking hates the seahawks with a passion now?
I agree with you. I expect 3rd and 4th stringers to react the way they did because they have to make a statement but not the 1st teams.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #42
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Seattle isn't an abberation. They are for real. I don't think I've ever seen a defense top to bottom bigger than theirs. And they take advantage of that size. They completely destroyed a superbowl team last year. Made Brady cry on the way out of Seattle and almost went to the NFC championship. If some other team put up 40 id be worried. Losing to the best team in the nfc(my opinion) in preseason is what it is.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 08-19-2013 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Seattle isn't an abberation. They are for real. I don't think I've ever seen a defense top to bottom bigger than theirs. And they take advantage of that size. They completely destroyed a superbowl team last year. Made Brady cry on the way out of Seattle and almost went to the NFC championship. If some other team put up 40 id be worried. Losing to the best team in the nfc(my opinion) in preseason is what it is.

I didnt say seattle was an aberration. Scoring a 107 yard fumble return is.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #44
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I didnt say seattle was an aberration. Scoring a 107 yard fumble return is.
Ya I shouldn't have used that word. My bad.

An abberation did have something to do with us losing in the playoffs though

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 08-19-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #45
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
My thought about that play is that (like most of us fans) the Broncos players believed that Hillman had possession and control of the football as it broke the plane of the goal and that therefore, he had scored, the play was over, and the ball was no longer a "live ball" that could be advanced out of our end zone and into the other one. We wouldn't be analyzing that play if a proper review had been done on the issue of "did Hillman have possession of the ball as he moved into the end zone" (which should have been done but wasn't; officials merely presumed that he fumbled before getting across the goal line). It would have taken far longer for the review if the full play had been given adequate attention by the officiating crew and even if they made the final decision that he didn't have control, it would have felt better if they had at least taken a few minutes to look at it.

In retrospect, the way that game was going (flags being picked up after obvious holding and chop blocks not being flagged, despite an injury), our players should have always been assuming that the ball was live, no matter what. But hindsight is 20/20.

As for Hillman and hanging onto the ball -- we've all seen HOF RBs fumble when a defender gets his helmet on the ball.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #46
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Pete Carroll is a great coach. He came in and completely reinvigorated that team. Now I wonder why Fox can't do the same thing with the Broncos.
Drugs are bad.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #47
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
My thought about that play is that (like most of us fans) the Broncos players believed that Hillman had possession and control of the football as it broke the plane of the goal and that therefore, he had scored, the play was over, and the ball was no longer a "live ball" that could be advanced out of our end zone and into the other one. We wouldn't be analyzing that play if a proper review had been done on the issue of "did Hillman have possession of the ball as he moved into the end zone" (which should have been done but wasn't; officials merely presumed that he fumbled before getting across the goal line). It would have taken far longer for the review if the full play had been given adequate attention by the officiating crew and even if they made the final decision that he didn't have control, it would have felt better if they had at least taken a few minutes to look at it.

In retrospect, the way that game was going (flags being picked up after obvious holding and chop blocks not being flagged, despite an injury), our players should have always been assuming that the ball was live, no matter what. But hindsight is 20/20.

As for Hillman and hanging onto the ball -- we've all seen HOF RBs fumble when a defender gets his helmet on the ball.
I doubt that the whistle was blown. That's why the play continued. If the Broncos play to the whistle they don't have to worry about it.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #48
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Drugs are bad.
Not really. Great strides have made in the pharmaceutical industry.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #49
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I doubt that the whistle was blown. That's why the play continued. If the Broncos play to the whistle they don't have to worry about it.
Not disagreeing about that. But the assumption that "possession while breaking the plane of the goal" would end the play (even though he did fumble the ball, that play is almost always called a touchdown) is understandable. I'm just glad the "object lesson" they got was during a meaningless preseason game.

After Wolfe's injury, it wouldn't have displeased me at all if Fox had benched all of the starters and left nothing but "bubble players" on the field. If Carroll wanted to "make a statement" then let him make it vs. 3rd stringers.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #50
Agamemnon

I am amazed at how many people here seem to think this game meant anything.