The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #176
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Flashback fade...

September 11, 2011...

Point out where it was as retarded as Tebow supporters. I'll wait.

indeed.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #177
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Point out where it was as retarded as Tebow supporters. I'll wait.

indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
Got up at 5 am drove 6 hrs to Denver to watch the Jets game last year. Broncos get the ball back with hardly any time left and Orton fumbles the ball and then stumbles around like a drunken bum trying to pick it up again.. GAME OVER. Had to ride 6 hrs home with a Jets fan...
Quote:
That's right! Oh, that "fumbled" snap that was snapped a foot out of his reach! Where are your go-go Gadget arms, Kyle? TIM has go-go Gadget arms!

Just in case there's any doubt... play footage.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...cos-highlights

Begins at 2:15
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #178
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Just in case there's any doubt... play footage.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...cos-highlights

Begins at 2:15
Uh huh, and where's the part about killing the greatest player in the history of the organization?

I appreciate you proving my point, but it's really unnecessary.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #179
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Uh huh, and where's the part about killing the greatest player in the history of the organization?

I appreciate you proving my point, but it's really unnecessary.
Move those goalposts.

Quote:
The "Orton supporters" didn't really exist. Perhaps that's why you don't call them out.
Pretty rich coming from the President of the Fan Club, with the name to boot.

To be honest with you, I'd love to set this whole back and forth aside. I'll admit that I went overboard for the kid. Probably some kind of 4th quarter adrenaline addiction I developed But I still hope that he somehow catches fire and makes something of himself in the league.

What I can't stand though is the jilted Ortboners trying to cover their own hopeless misguidedness by highlighting someone else's.

As we talked about in another thread. We've had plenty of QB failure over the last decade. Each one of those guys had their supporters. Not sure why the constant need to call out one group of them.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #180
Johnykbr

Finally watched the replay of the game. My thoughts:
- I don't think Hillman will be an every down back but besides the one play where he couldn't break the edge, I thought he was cutting well and playing much better. I think the fumble was crap because he broke the line first.
- I was impressed by Ball's performance. Not excited by it but impressed and I'm not worried yet.
- JT is massive, he is rough around the edges and reminds me of a rookie DT and should have held onto that pass but otherwise he looked very good with everything except pass protection.
- I think they miss Dreessen quite a bit. They need a nasty TE out there to catch and block
- Lastly, that slimeball Pete Carrol pulled a Steve Spurrier and game-planned. Their players looked like they wanted to hurt whoever lined up against them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they keep their starters in while we were already transitioning to the second?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #181
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:

I asked for it before but nobody bothered to show it. But who were the ones saying that? Got the thread saved? I'd like to read that thread.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #182
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Move those goalposts.

Pretty rich coming from the President of the Fan Club, with the name to boot.

To be honest with you, I'd love to set this whole back and forth aside. I'll admit that I went overboard for the kid. Probably some kind of 4th quarter adrenaline addiction I developed But I still hope that he somehow catches fire and makes something of himself in the league.

What I can't stand though is the jilted Ortboners trying to cover their own hopeless misguidedness by highlighting someone else's.

As we talked about in another thread. We've had plenty of QB failure over the last decade. Each one of those guys had their supporters. Not sure why the constant need to call out one group of them.
Fail. You treat this like its a zero sum game. While a few may have wanted to Kyle to start over Tebow, nobody was under the illusion that Kyle was anything more than a journeyman QB with Denver being a few year bump on an otherwise unremarkable career. Tebowites on the other hand thought he was the next coming of Elway and would rewrite history books and redefine the position. One group lukewarm and the other is extremely fervent and you want to label them as the same.

I didnt want Tebow from well before the draft. I also threw up in my mouth a bit the previous year when we traded for Orton. I am quite glad they are both gone. I suspect the majority fans you label "Ortboners" feel the same way.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #183
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
One group lukewarm and the other is extremely fervent and you want to label them as the same.
To be fair though, one group wanted to stand pat on 4-14 while the other watched the 2011 season go from Suck-for-Luck, to knocking off the defending AFC Champs for the first playoff win in 6 years. Again, all with a kid still in his first 16 starts.

"Let's see where this goes" in that case is not nearly the same thing as "I'd really like to see Kyle get a full 7th season before we make any snap judgements."
Old 08-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #184
Drunken.Broncoholic

Still find it amusing that tebow lovers automatically assume youre an ortboner if you didnt like tebow. They can't comprehend that both sucked, and there were some of us who thought that back then.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #185
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Still find it amusing that tebow lovers automatically assume youre an ortboner if you didnt like tebow. They can't comprehend that both sucked, and there were some of us who thought that back then.
I'm pretty selective with who I call Ortboners. If you spent the first 5 games of 2011 talking about how crap the defense and worthless the WR's were, then turned around and gave them credit for all the wins under Tebow, you might be an Ortboner.

And you're right. Some people didn't like what they saw in either. For the most part though, most of them stopped trolling on the issue awhile back. 80% who still troll on the Tebow debate are Ortboner compensating. I'll give you some credit in saying that your trolling is more principled.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #186
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
I'm pretty selective with who I call Ortboners. If you spent the first 5 games of 2011 talking about how crap the defense and worthless the WR's were, then turned around and gave them credit for all the wins under Tebow, you might be an Ortboner.

And you're right. Some people didn't like what they saw in either. For the most part though, most of them stopped trolling on the issue awhile back. 80% who still troll on the Tebow debate are Ortboner compensating. I'll give you some credit in saying that your trolling is more principled.
There is no such thing as Ortboner.
http://www.skepticalraptor.com/logic...uivalence.html
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #187
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I asked for it before but nobody bothered to show it. But who were the ones saying that? Got the thread saved? I'd like to read that thread.
I don't save threads, and I don't really care to read through the enormous thread where these things were written. Frankly, I don't have time to read through 100+ pages of pissing contests on a work day (or on any day, for that matter).
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #188
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
I don't save threads, and I don't really care to read through the enormous thread where these things were written. Frankly, I don't have time to read through 100+ pages of pissing contests on a work day (or on any day, for that matter).
Well then I'm sure you remember the names of these posters. Who were they? Are they still posting here? Or were they 1 post wonders?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #189
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well then I'm sure you remember the names of these posters. Who were they? Are they still posting here? Or were they 1 post wonders?
I can barely remember what I had for dinner two nights ago, but I'm supposed to remember the names of posters from two years ago? Get a job, man.

There was one specific poster who was most up in arms about it, but I can't remember who that was and I'm pretty sure he's either been banned or changed his name.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #190
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
I can barely remember what I had for dinner two nights ago, but I'm supposed to remember the names of posters from two years ago? Get a job, man.

There was one specific poster who was most up in arms about it, but I can't remember who that was and I'm pretty sure he's either been banned or changed his name.
Well I just figured with the way you and a couple others constantly bring it up, that you guys would remember atleast one of the names of the people who said these harsh things. That thread should have been bookmark material by the very people who are still talking about it.

Oh well. Guess it was just a couple passer byes.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #191
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Ok. This made me
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #192
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I pretty much agree with this. Carol probably wanted to make some kind of statement at home against the Broncos. We were pretty vanilla most of the day. This Saturday will give us a better feel for what this team can when it game plans. And this Rams team is going to be better this year.

I re-watched the game and I think we did a lot of good things. We had some long drives where we kept the other team off the field. The protection was good. They didn't have their pass rushers, but we didn't have Clady. I thought the running backs were decisive and hit their holes hard. I thought the passing game looked good. The defense had some bright spots. They tackle well and play strong at the point of attack. Wesley Woodyard played very well. Basically special teams and turnovers hid a lot of good stuff.
Absolutely.

I'll also add that every problem is an opportunity is disguise. There is so much to coach on from this game. I am actually glad that we had it from that perspective, but it will depend on exactly what you said...what happens this weekend because we will install pieces of a game plan. There will be second half adjustments. We're missing some players and while I am not as high on the team as I was...I still think we're in the hunt to compete for the title and at this point in any season that's all you can ask for.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #193
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
- Lastly, that slimeball Pete Carrol pulled a Steve Spurrier and game-planned. Their players looked like they wanted to hurt whoever lined up against them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they keep their starters in while we were already transitioning to the second?
Bold 1. Why everybody riding this guy. His team came out and wanted to kick some ass. And good for them.

Bold 2. And who cares.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #194
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
still butt hurt over the Teebs trade, eh skippy?
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #195
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Bold 1. Why everybody riding this guy. His team came out and wanted to kick some ass. And good for them.

Bold 2. And who cares.
Because has always been a slimeball. Then that whole grilling of the general about 9/11 being an inside job just confirmed it all.

And yes it does matter that they are keeping their more physical and better players against ours and people are b****ing and moaning about how they ran all over us. Plus it leads to more injuries. I care and plenty of other people care as well.