The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #101
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Maybe so, but I notice it more when it's one of our guys that does it. Apparently though, I forgot my good manners and Mane etiquette when I dared say something about Peyton Manning that isn't floral scented.
Manning goes 11 for 16 for 163 yards and a TD and you want to talk about his passes being wobbly (which has always been the case). You deserve all the ridicule you get on that one.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Imagine "Oh! The Drama!" gif here _________.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #103
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Is not a valid critique. He put up MVP numbers last year with wobblers, so why does this concern you enough to list it?
Sit down, jr. I got this one.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #104
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Is not a valid critique. He put up MVP numbers last year with wobblers, so why does this concern you enough to list it?
Uh, because it just does? Wasn't a critique as much an observation. Unless you are telling me he doesn't throw a wobbly pass, what's your problem?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #105
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
You're right, his passes are lasers that go through brick walls. I simply made an observation that his wobbly passes look like they have trouble written all over them. I promise you, my saying anything less than 100% complimentary about Manning will have no effect on his performance.
They look better than last year. And last year did not suck. Look it up, dude. The 'wobble' is a dead story.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #106
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Uh, because it just does? Wasn't a critique as much an observation. Unless you are telling me he doesn't throw a wobbly pass, what's your problem?
I already told you he does twice -

"He put up MVP numbers last year with wobblers"

"Last year he wobbled his way to numerous team passing records. Who gives a ****?"

Just trying to figure out why someone would focus on that when it doesn't affect performance. You said "I don't like it" Didn't realize it was just an aesthetic thing for you. Weird.

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 08-18-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #107
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Go back and watch some of Manning's old highlights, The NFLN rebroadcast the 2003 Pat's vs Colts game and he was throwing wobblers then.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #108
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
I already told you he does twice -

"He put up MVP numbers last year with wobblers"

"Last year he wobbled his way to numerous team passing records. Who gives a ****?"

Just trying to figure out why someone would focus on that when it doesn't affect performance. You said "I don't like it" Didn't realize it was just a aesthetic
thing for you. Weird.
I don't like his stupid ass grin, either. I mean, have you ever seen a QB win a super bowl with a stupid grin?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #109
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
I don't like his stupid ass grin, either. I mean, have you ever seen a QB win a super bowl with a stupid grin?
Elway?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #110
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

As long as the O-line can learn how to open some holes and get to the second level our running game will be fine, if not then it'll be all on Manning's shoulders to win games
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #111
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
As long as the O-line can learn how to open some holes and get to the second level our running game will be fine, if not then it'll be all on Manning's shoulders to win games
They were able to run when they wanted to last night vs a very good and physical D. Just clean up the ball security and we will be fine.

Moneyball is concerning but he showed flashes, he pummeled a CB or Safety coming up to take him down on a good 6-8 yard gainer, he knocked the dude back 4 yards.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #112
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Or what about when Fox was the Head coach in Carolina?
Stephen Davis mold would be great. Yeah all of Fox's RB's had at least 25 lbs on Hillman.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #113
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
not to mention Tony Carter had an INT nullified by a penalty as well......

"Football is a game of errors....whoever makes the fewest errors wins the game" - Paul Brown
Tony Carter INT was a good play by Russel Wilson. That is what you do when you have a free play you throw it up deep hoping for a defensive PI or a TD.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #114
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
You're right, his passes are lasers that go through brick walls. I simply made an observation that his wobbly passes look like they have trouble written all over them. I promise you, my saying anything less than 100% complimentary about Manning will have no effect on his performance.
It just makes us all wonder if you ever watched him play before last year.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #115
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I wonder why Ball isn't getting more carries. It's like Hillman played mostly and then we went right to Lance Ball.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #116
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nalen View Post
We really need to sign a veteran MLB. Do not see anything from Bradley or Irving...
Would love to see Trevathan given a shot
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #117
CEH
Ring of Famer

The issue was not the offense last night they started to click and Hillman ran hard. I can sense that as the games ware on that his 5 yards runs will start to be gapping 15 yard runs as teh offense pile up yards

The real issue was not forcing SEA offense to punt and not stopping several 3 and 10+ conversions
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #118
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

the broncos moved the ball well with a patched up OL, but they just didn't finish the play. that's an easy fix for the coaching staff. hopefully the players respond
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #119
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The issue was not the offense last night they started to click and Hillman ran hard. I can sense that as the games ware on that his 5 yards runs will start to be gapping 15 yard runs as teh offense pile up yards

The real issue was not forcing SEA offense to punt and not stopping several 3 and 10+ conversions
That is a concern but it was a concern last year to start the season as well. When we got to the mid point of the season we really tightened things up and became one of the best 3rd down defenses in the league. It was historically good if I remember right.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #120
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Can someone please explain to me how a guy runs for 4.7 yards per carry on six total carries behind iffy blocking against a beefy defensive front, and the mongoloids on this site decide he sucks?
Curious where in my post I said, or even implied, that anyone "sucks"? Our backs have been very ordinary and I don't know what anyone has seen to have a different opinion. Hope one or more of them proves me wrong.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #121
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post

Not exactly fair. 1) they did turn them over on downs, and there were two scores on special teams and D. It wasn't like the d was even on the field much
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #122
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Preseason record doesn't mean ****. This has been proven over and over and over...
FYP
Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #123
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I wonder why Ball isn't getting more carries. It's like Hillman played mostly and then we went right to Lance Ball.
They seem to be sure of what they have with Montee. That's the only reason that comes to mind. I just think he's struggling with his pass protection assignments and that's why he isn't the starter. At least that's the only reason I can come up with for why they are pulling him so early.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #124
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Can someone please explain to me how a guy runs for 4.7 yards per carry on six total carries behind iffy blocking against a beefy defensive front, and the mongoloids on this site decide he sucks?
Because a guy runs for 69 yards against 4th line scrubs and is hailed as the next TD, or at bare minimum a top two guy on the team.

So if you can't match that, he's clearly a scrub.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #125
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Curious where in my post I said, or even implied, that anyone "sucks"? Our backs have been very ordinary and I don't know what anyone has seen to have a different opinion. Hope one or more of them proves me wrong.
When I see someone say something like this I think to myself "this person hasn't got a clue when it comes to running backs". While looking "ordinary" Montee produced very solid yardage on his limited number of carries. You are apparently looking for highlight plays while I'm just looking for quality production. I'll take 4.7 yards per carry all day long. If Ball can do that regularly it will be anything but "ordinary".