The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #26
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cackalacky B View Post
Disappointed!!!!

Didn't see much push at all on either side of the line. The Seahawks made us looks like a bunch of Sallies out there. I want to see some Nasty out there, they looked like a bunch of fat guys standing around. I'm talking to you Chris Clark and Manny Ramirez.

Anyone without Orphan Annie eyeballs could have seen Irving outplayed Bradley AGAIN. It appeared when Nate came in he played mostly MLB so I'm not so sure they are prepping him for Von's spot. Bradley seems slow to react, kinda gets frozen and the play goes by him. Nate needs to play with the 1's next week.

I hope Manning stays healthy because Brock doesn't look like a pro qb yet in game situations. I know the O-line was a turnstile all night but at some point you have to feel the pressure and adjust. He holds on to the football like he is earning interest on it and had all the mobility of a cigar store indian.

...and after further review Pete Carroll is still The Ultimate Tool

"Leapin' Lizards, Sandy! Both of our middle linebackers suck!"

"Red Right, Red Right! 51 is the Mike! Hurry, Hurry!"

Last edited by BowlenBall; 08-18-2013 at 05:47 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #27
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

People keep reaming the o-line, and they were definitely shaky. However, no one here has mentioned the poor blocking performance by Julius Thomas. I love the kid, and his catches were sensational, but we are a quarterback-first offense now and we're lucky that Manning came out of that game healthy.

If Dreesen had gotten the start last night, we would have many fewer questions about our offensive line. Once again, I love that Thomas is getting all the reps because he really has a place on this team now, but his run blocking and pass blocking got embarrassing at times.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #28
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
People keep reaming the o-line, and they were definitely shaky. However, no one here has mentioned the poor blocking performance by Julius Thomas. I love the kid, and his catches were sensational, but we are a quarterback-first offense now and we're lucky that Manning came out of that game healthy.

If Dreesen had gotten the start last night, we would have many fewer questions about our offensive line. Once again, I love that Thomas is getting all the reps because he really has a place on this team now, but his run blocking and pass blocking got embarrassing at times.
True. Manning seemed pissed when he was pulled but I was glad he was. We better not get an injury on the O line.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #29
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
None of the Broncos backs look good...
Agree. Our best two backs are probably Moreno and C.J. Anderson. That's how mediocre Hillman is and Ball appears to be. Hope I'm jumping to conclusions on Ball, but Hillman has pretty much proved he is what he is.

Stewart Bradley is awful, but I've been saying that since they signed him.

The offensive line is in shambles, but we all know that. Really, really need this unit to get healthy and stay healthy.

Let's hope this was an aberration for the kick coverage team. If not, going to be a long year.

Not going to be the cake walk many Broncos fans are expecting. You don't show up and play good, disciplined football, particularly against good teams, and you get beat. We have concrete evidence of this from last year, and last night gave us a glimpse of what can happen this year.

All that said, it's only pre-season. We didn't scheme for this game, it doesn't count, and lot's of guys aren't healthy. But clearly they have some kinks to work out if they want to be hoisting the Lombardi.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #30
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

I am not seeing it the way you guys are describing.

I saw the blocking disappear after the first 3 yards and our RB's getting swarmed. Moreno or anyone else would have ran into the same issues.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #31
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

First this was great game, because it gives the coaching staff an opportunity to correct piss poor play and fix problems without counting for anything.

Second, the TEs and RBs are going to have great years receiving the ball as defense gear up to take away Thomas, Welker and Decker.

Third Hillman doesn't have football speed, he might have track speed but there burst like the FO promised on the field.

Finally the middle of the offense line needs some work, it will get better but man that was painfully to watch last night.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #32
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Hillman needs bigger hands.

It's gotten to the point now I'm assuming he'll fumble on every carry.
That's the problem with Ronnie, I think he'll be okay as a change of pace back and certainly looks better than last year behind the patchwork Oline last night, but he is a physically very small dude and the length from his elbow to his finger tips is just not that long relative to a football.

Every defense in the league will make trying to strip, punch or spear the ball out of Hillman's hands their top priority and it will be up to him whether or not he can adapt and make teams pay with extra yardage and scores due to their focus on his inherent ball security challenges.... Same thing goes in spades for Trindon but he usually only touches the ball 4 or 5 times or so a game and tends to score about every 10th touch so he has a bit more slack for error.

Ball will get it going as he has more NFL speed experience with full tackling.

Last edited by Hulamau; 08-18-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #33
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am honestly not worried after last night. Seattle is the most difficult place to play football and if not for some refereeing mistakes we would be winning 14-13 when our 1st teams left the game. In 5 drives, 2 drives were short and ended in punts, 2 ended in what should have been TDs and 1 ended with a fumble on Julius Thomas. That is not a bad outcome for basically 1.5 quarters of football.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #34
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I think people are overreacting a little bit.
The offensive line held up pretty well IMO against a very good defense, moved the ball well, just had fumble issues. I thought Montae Ball was decent out there, while Hillman danced a few times.

Defensively, momentum got behind the team and turnovers/returns killed field position. They did well against the run, but had some shakiness in the passing game.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #35
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

Holliday should only return punts with the first team. We know what he can do,
let's keep him healthy.

Learn how to line up, Vinston Painter!
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I think people are overreacting a little bit.
The offensive line held up pretty well IMO against a very good defense, moved the ball well, just had fumble issues. I thought Montae Ball was decent out there, while Hillman danced a few times.

Defensively, momentum got behind the team and turnovers/returns killed field position. They did well against the run, but had some shakiness in the passing game.
40-10
Eldorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #37
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If Bradley is our starting MLB we are you going to get torched vs run and pass. He lacks vision and instincts, and he definitely can't recover. Horrible decision by the FO to not address the position in the draft
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #38
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej View Post
let's keep him healthy.

That penalty was called six times last night. 4 on Den, 2 on Seattle. HL had a hardon for that penalty. Even then, Painter lined up wrong one time. Other three he was on the line.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #39
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
40-10

...in preseason.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #40
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
...in preseason.

lol..On one hand, you can't tell me they looked good anywhere. kick coverage, returns, run d, run O. It was pretty bad.

On the other, it really looked like SEA was gameplanning.
Eldorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #41
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
lol..On one hand, you can't tell me they looked good anywhere. kick coverage, returns, run d, run O. It was pretty bad.

I don't know which announcers you were listening to but the Seattle guys said over and over Carroll was making a statement here what ever the **** that means in a preseason game.

Unless his statement was, " Look at me I am a total ass"
Old 08-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #42
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Course it was bad. And I could care less about the score. The point of preseason is evaluation. Outside of the starting offense this team did not respond at all well. No energy, poor play, bad calls, bad non calls and injuries.

Even then...its just preseason. We could win next game 40-10, it wouldnt mean anything then, either.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #43
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The only thing I can say about that game is: Piss poor effort.

Glad it was the preseason.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #44
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I really think the unknown part about Wolfe's injury was working on the heads of all the Broncos especially the Defense. After he got carted off the way he did they never seemed to get their heads back into the game.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I think they just show up and expect Manning to win the game.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #46
Tom Nalen
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We really need to sign a veteran MLB. Do not see anything from Bradley or Irving...
Tom Nalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #47
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nalen View Post
We really need to sign a veteran MLB. Do not see anything from Bradley or Irving...
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #48
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej View Post
let's keep him healthy.

Agree about Holliday. Not sure why they don't pull him earlier. Despite fielding a punt inside the 5, his positives are that he touched the ball a lot last night and didn't fumble. He even caught a pass, which I like because he could provide emergency depth, if needed.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #49
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
40-10
Yeah but I would rather get this a** whippin in preseason before we start the season. We needed to get beat like this to humble us because they hear all that Super Bowl talk. I think they will get it together and please start Irving.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #50
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I just loved how DT was owning Sherman in the first couple of drives!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote