The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,070
Default Cut People! Predict the final 53 man 2013-14 Denver Broncos Roster + who starts.

Quote:
Current Roster you need to make cuts to.

WR Demaryius Thomas Andre Caldwell Greg Orton Gerell Robinson
LT Ryan Clady Chris Clark Paul Cornick Manase Foketi
LG Zane Beadles C.J. Davis Quentin Saulsberry
C Manny Ramirez Ryan Lilja Steve Vallos J.D. Walton
RG Louis Vasquez Philip Blake Ben Garland Chris Kuper
RT Orlando Franklin Vinston Painter
TE Joel Dreessen Jacob Tamme Julius Thomas Virgil Green
Jake O'Connell
Deangelo Peterson
WR Eric Decker Tavarres King Trindon Holliday Lamaar Thomas
Kemonte' Bateman
WR Wes Welker Quincy McDuffie
QB Peyton Manning Brock Osweiler Zac Dysert Ryan Katz
RB Ronnie Hillman Montee Ball Knowshon Moreno Jacob Hester
Jeremiah Johnson
C.J. Anderson
Lance Ball


LDE Derek Wolfe Malik Jackson Jeremy Beal John Youboty
DT Kevin Vickerson Mitch Unrein Romney Fuga
NT Terrance Knighton Sylvester Williams Sealver Siliga
RDE Robert Ayers Shaun Phillips Quanterus Smith Lanston Tanyi
SLB Von Miller Shaun Phillips Lerentee McCray Damien Holmes
MLB Nate Irving Stewart Bradley Steven Johnson
WLB Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan Uona Kaveinga
LCB Champ Bailey Tony Carter Omar Bolden Mario Butler
RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Chris Harris Kayvon Webster Aaron Hester
Nigel Malone
SS Mike Adams Duke Ihenacho Quinton Carter Ross Rasner
FS Rahim Moore David Bruton Quentin Jammer

PUP J.D. Walton (doesn't count to 53)

(3) Specialists LS Brewer, K Prater, P Colquitt

(26) Offense
WR___Demaryius Thomas - Andre Caldwell
LT___Ryan Clady - Chris Clark
LG___Zane Beadles
C___Ryan Lilja - Manny Ramirez
RG___Louis Vasquez - Chris Kuper
RT___Orlando Franklin - Vinston Painter
TE___Joel Dreessen - Julius Thomas - Virgil Green - Jacob Tamme
WR___Eric Decker - Tavarres King
WR___Wes Welker - Trindon Holliday
QB___Peyton Manning - Brock Osweiler
FB___Jacob Hester
RB___Ronnie Hillman - Montee Ball- Knowshon Moreno - C.J. Anderson



(24) Defense
LDE___Derek Wolfe - Malik Jackson
DT___Kevin Vickerson - Mitch Unrein
NT___Terrance Knighton - Sylvester Williams
RDE___Robert Ayers - Quanterus Smith
SLB___Von Miller - Shaun Phillips
MLB___Nate Irving - Stewart Bradley
WLB___Wesley Woodyard -Danny Trevathan
LCB___Champ Bailey - Tony Carter
RCB___Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Omar Bolden
NCB___Chris Harris - Kayvon Webster
SS___Duke Ihenacho - Mike Adams
FS___Rahim Moore - David Bruton

"Tough Cuts": Quinton Carter (personally id rather cut Mike Adams and keep Q but this predictions not what I want), Jeremy Beal, Jeremiah Johnson, Steven Johnson

Listed Nickel CB (NCB) as a position since we play more nickel than base

Last edited by KevinJames; 08-12-2013 at 12:11 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I wonder if Manning makes the team. He's pretty old. And Chiefs fans have told me his neck is made of poop.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,759
Default

Stewart Bradley, and Sylvester Williams both start.

Terrance Knighton and Nate Irving are backup material.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,557
Default

Little early for this, is it not?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Stewart Bradley, and Sylvester Williams both start.

Terrance Knighton and Nate Irving are backup material.
Williams isn't a lock to start. He will see plenty of snaps in a rotation, but I don't see why he's a lock to start. He struggles with hand usage and technique, I expect Knighton and Vickerson to play majority of base running downs.

Starting isn't important.. Harris isn't technically a starter, that certainly doesn't diminish his value none the less.

I will say I think Unrein is in the bubble. Wolfe and Malik can fill inside, I just don't think he brings much to the table.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Williams isn't a lock to start. He will see plenty of snaps in a rotation, but I don't see why he's a lock to start. He struggles with hand usage and technique, I expect Knighton and Vickerson to play majority of base running downs.

Starting isn't important.. Harris isn't technically a starter, that certainly doesn't diminish his value none the less.

I will say I think Unrein is in the bubble. Wolfe and Malik can fill inside, I just don't think he brings much to the table.
I agree with what you're saying, but Knighton is currently backing up Big Vick. I would be happy with Malik Jackson starting. Don't want Knighton on the team. Gotta have somebody who can step in there and stop the run. Cut Knighton, sign Bannan. Sly Williams didn't flash in the 1st preseason game (at all) in the entire 1st half, but he's probably better than Knighton.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Why are you hating on Knighton?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I agree with what you're saying, but Knighton is currently backing up Big Vick. I would be happy with Malik Jackson starting. Don't want Knighton on the team. Gotta have somebody who can step in there and stop the run. Cut Knighton, sign Bannan. Sly Williams didn't flash in the 1st preseason game (at all) in the entire 1st half, but he's probably better than Knighton.
What is it about Knighton you don't like? Price don't put too much weight on pre season. Depth Chart had Knighton and Vickerson as starters.

Sly isn't going to be a stout run stuffer, he's gonna flash being in the backfield disrupting plays.

I actually thought Knighton made some strong plays. He would have made a couple TFL if Von would have contained on the edge. What is it about his performance you didn't like?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"Position battle: Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton seems to be going the wrong way on the depth chart. Besides first-round rookie Sylvester Williams moving up alongside Kevin Vickerson, Malik Jackson (on nickel), Mitch Unrein and Sealver Siliga are getting long looks.

The Broncos gave free agent Knighton a $500,000 signing bonus in March, but his $1 million salary and game-day roster bonuses totaling $500,000 are not guaranteed. It could be that defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio is trying

to send Knighton a message. Or it could be that Knighton is suddenly battling for a spot."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...fifth-receiver
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Stewart Bradley, and Sylvester Williams both start.

Terrance Knighton and Nate Irving are backup material.
I don't think it matters who starts (although I think it will be Knighton) because Big Vick, Sly, and Sly are mostly likely going to play equal snaps!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Why are you hating on Knighton?
He just wasn't nearly as stout against the run, as I thought he'd be. Bannan had that crap on lock (albeit zero penetration). Knighton is kinda just a fat boy, backup NT type. Let me go back and watch him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Sly isn't going to be a stout run stuffer, he's gonna flash being in the backfield disrupting plays.
Yeah I know. I know he's been showing it in practice, hopefully he can show something against Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I actually thought Knighton made some strong plays. He would have made a couple TFL if Von would have contained on the edge. What is it about his performance you didn't like?
Knighton is weak (21 bench reps), certainly not the run-stopping presence that Bannan was. There were massive holes being opened up on the interior DL. That was something that Del Rio finally solved last year, can't afford to go back to that.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

I think we get 54 now that the e-QB is a 54th roster spot.

As of right now, here's how I see it panning out:
3qb, 5rb, 5wr, 4te, 8ol, 8dl, 7lb, 10db
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Roster Sheet1.pdf (37.5 KB, 38 views)
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

I think Lance Ball makes the roster with CJ going on PUP, due to Ball's strong preseason showing and his special teams ability.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Don't know why I get the feeling Blake won't make the team.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Don't know why I get the feeling Blake won't make the team.
He doesn't make the team in my projection.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,060

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I think Lance Ball makes the roster with CJ going on PUP, due to Ball's strong preseason showing and his special teams ability.
CJ cannot go on PUP. It's either IR or cut.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Stewart Bradley, and Sylvester Williams both start.
Unless there's been an update Bradley is expected to miss several weeks after wrist surgery. There's even a possibility they'll just put him on IR.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
CJ cannot go on PUP. It's either IR or cut.
Why not? Just wondering what the rules are...
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Wide receiver Kemonte Bateman, cornerback Mario Butler, guard Manase Foketi, quarterback Ryan Katz, linebacker Uona Kaveinga, cornerback Nigel Malone, tight end Deangelo Peterson, defensive end Lanston Tanyi and center Quentin Saulsberry were waived Sunday afternoon. Wide receivers Quincy McDuffie and Greg Orton were waived/injured.


http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-0a6cda199db4

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 08-25-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,060

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Why not? Just wondering what the rules are...
A player can't be put on regular season pup if they practiced at all in the preseason. Basically only a player on preseason pup is eligible for regular season pup.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Wide receiver Kemonte Bateman, cornerback Mario Butler, guard Manase Foketi, quarterback Ryan Katz, linebacker Uona Kaveinga, cornerback Nigel Malone, tight end Deangelo Peterson, defensive end Lanston Tanyi and center Quentin Saulsberry were waived Sunday afternoon. Wide receivers Quincy McDuffie and Greg Orton were waived/injured.


http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-0a6cda199db4
So now onto a weeks worth of non-stop 53 man speculation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,125

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Clark and Painter scare me the most
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #23
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
He just wasn't nearly as stout against the run, as I thought he'd be. Bannan had that crap on lock (albeit zero penetration). Knighton is kinda just a fat boy, backup NT type. Let me go back and watch him again.



Yeah I know. I know he's been showing it in practice, hopefully he can show something against Seattle.



Knighton is weak (21 bench reps), certainly not the run-stopping presence that Bannan was. There were massive holes being opened up on the interior DL. That was something that Del Rio finally solved last year, can't afford to go back to that.


I thought Knighton did good with JDR in Jax?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Roster Prediction – updated 8.27.13

QB: Peyton Manning | Brock Osweiler – 2
RB: Knowshon Moreno | Montee Ball | Ronnie Hillman | Lance Ball | Jacob Hester – 5
OT: Ryan Clady | Orlando Franklin | Chris Clark – 3
OG: Louis Vasquez | Zane Beadles | John Moffitt – 3
C: Manny Ramirez | Chris Kuper | CJ Davis – 3
TE: Joel Dreesen | Julius Thomas | Jacob Tamme | Virgil Green – 4
WR: Demaryius Thomas | Eric Decker | Wes Welker | Andre Caldwell | Taverres King | Trindon Holiday – 6

Offensive Total: 26

LB: Nate Irving | Wesley Woodyard | Danny Trevathan | Lerentee McCray | Paris Lenon – 5
CB: Champ Bailey | Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie | Chris Harris | Tony Carter | Omar Bolden | Kayvon Webster – 6
SS/FS: Rahim Moore | Duke Ihenacho | Mike Adams | David Bruton | – 4
DE: Derek Wolfe | Robert Ayers | Shaun Phillips | Malik Jackson | Quanterus Smith – 5
DT: Kevin Vickerson | Terrance Knighton | Sylvester Williams | Mitch Unrien – 4

Defensive Total: 24

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt
LS: Aaron Brewer
Special Teams Total: 3

Grand Total: 53

Practice Squad: Zac Dysert (QB) / John Youboty (DE) / CJ Anderson (RB) / Aaron Hester (CB) / Romney Fuga (DT) / Ross Rasner (S) / Lamaar Thomas (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT) / Phillip Blake (G)


PUP: JD Walton (C)

RESERVED/SUSPENDED: Von Miller (LB)

IR: Quentin Carter (CB)

IR TO RETURN: Stewart Bradley (LB)
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,430

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Roster Prediction updated 8.27.13

QB: Peyton Manning | Brock Osweiler 2
RB: Knowshon Moreno | Montee Ball | Ronnie Hillman | Lance Ball | Jacob Hester 5
OT: Ryan Clady | Orlando Franklin | Chris Clark 3
OG: Louis Vasquez | Zane Beadles | John Moffitt 3
C: Manny Ramirez | Chris Kuper | CJ Davis 3
TE: Joel Dreesen | Julius Thomas | Jacob Tamme | Virgil Green 4
WR: Demaryius Thomas | Eric Decker | Wes Welker | Andre Caldwell | Taverres King | Trindon Holiday 6

Offensive Total: 26

LB: Nate Irving | Wesley Woodyard | Danny Trevathan | Lerentee McCray | Paris Lenon 5
CB: Champ Bailey | Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie | Chris Harris | Tony Carter | Omar Bolden | Kayvon Webster 6
SS/FS: Rahim Moore | Duke Ihenacho | Mike Adams | David Bruton | 4
DE: Derek Wolfe | Robert Ayers | Shaun Phillips | Malik Jackson | Quanterus Smith 5
DT: Kevin Vickerson | Terrance Knighton | Sylvester Williams | Mitch Unrien 4

Defensive Total: 24

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt
LS: Aaron Brewer
Special Teams Total: 3

Grand Total: 53

Practice Squad: Zac Dysert (QB) / John Youboty (DE) / CJ Anderson (RB) / Aaron Hester (CB) / Romney Fuga (DT) / Ross Rasner (S) / Lamaar Thomas (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT) / Phillip Blake (G)


PUP: JD Walton (C)

RESERVED/SUSPENDED: Von Miller (LB)

IR: Quentin Carter (CB)

IR TO RETURN: Stewart Bradley (LB)
I'm not sure the benefit of keeping CJ Davis over a Lilja or CJ Anderson
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Denver Broncos