The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #76
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Agree. From February until three weeks ago I honestly thought we were going to be damn near unbeatable. Now I could easily see us going 10-6 and being a slightly above average team going into the playoffs.
And why is that? Vasquez is an improvement. Welker lights out makes us better. The emergence of talent where it wasn't expected(nacho)? Mannings arm looking stronger. Another year of jelling between manning and the recievers. Consecutive years with the same defensive coordinator. Gase improving McCoys playbook. Alex Gibbs bringing knowledge to the Oline. I can keep going.

Not only is this team is improved over last year, they are by far going to benefit from these improvements.

How many years have we wished a DC would stay for 2 years in a row?

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 08-14-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Old 08-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #77
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
lol @ the responses here by the perfect OM peeps who do no wrong
And today's Special Olympics post goes to ... Ludo21 !

Either you are the weakest white knight I ever seen , or borderline retarded if you think Von's actions in anyway resemble the lives of normal people on the mane.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #78
DENVERDUI55

Guy is more like LT than DT.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #79
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Agree. From February until three weeks ago I honestly thought we were going to be damn near unbeatable. Now I could easily see us going 10-6 and being a slightly above average team going into the playoffs.
based on what?

Youre just being a worried fan.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #80
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
And why is that? Vasquez is an improvement. Welker lights out makes us better. The emergence of talent where it wasn't expected(nacho)? Mannings arm looking stronger. Another year of jelling between manning and the recievers. Consecutive years with the same defensive coordinator. Gase improving McCoys playbook. Alex Gibbs bringing knowledge to the Oline. I can keep going.

Not only is this team is improved over last year, they are by far going to benefit from these improvements.

How many years have we wished a DC would stay for 2 years in a row?
Nope, i prefer to yell in my echo chamber and make a huge deal out of things that aren't.

0-16. Book it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #81
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
based on what?

Youre just being a worried fan.
Von getting suspended for 4 games, and now after the arrest looking like his head isn't where it should be.

O-Line has lots of injuries.

Center position could be a disaster

MLB looks like a question mark
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #82
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

To me this speaks to a basic morals flaw at the top of the Broncos organization. You got high level executives playing bumper cars on public streets while super intoxicated. Lots of felony behavior from players over the years. An owner and the VP of football operations with well known issues with alcohol and an atmosphere of tolerance with these seemingly organization wide entitlement issues. There should be a safety net making sure these young athletes are following through on their obligations . Miller should have never managed to ignore a court date for 8 months. Someone from the organization should have been assigned to check on these things for all the players. The organization is playing this too loose. Need to set up a chain of command to address these potential problems before the become real problems. Obviously these young athletes are not capable of handling it themselves.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #83
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Nope, i prefer to yell in my echo chamber and make a huge deal out of things that aren't.

0-16. Book it.
I still think we will be good. I'm just not sure we are going to be as dominant as I thought. The potential is there but everyone needs to focus including Von. He did guarantee a Super Bowl.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #84
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Von getting suspended for 4 games, and now after the arrest looking like his head isn't where it should be.

That doesn't derail an elite team to win the superbowl. GB won it while throwing 18 or so players on IR, giants did it with the last ranked rushing team in the league. Manning goes down then there's problems but these issues you listed can be absorbed.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #85
extralife
Ring of Famer

can Elway put this dumbass on house arrest or something?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #86
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

yes, yes, quite so. Cash the season in boys, time to call it quits.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #87
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
To me this speaks to a basic morals flaw at the top of the Broncos organization. You got high level executives playing bumper cars on public streets while super intoxicated. Lots of felony behavior from players over the years. An owner and the VP of football operations with well known issues with alcohol and an atmosphere of tolerance with these seemingly organization wide entitlement issues. There should be a safety net making sure these young athletes are following through on their obligations . Miller should have never managed to ignore a court date for 8 months. Someone from the organization should have been assigned to check on these things for all the players. The organization is playing this too loose. Need to set up a chain of command to address these potential problems before the become real problems. Obviously these young athletes are not capable of handling it themselves.
Can't argue with much of that. On the other hand, the assumption is often made that these players (and the execs) are responsible adults. Apparently, that's a flawed assumption.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #88
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #89
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think Tom Nalen said it best when he said we got in trouble back then we just didnt have everything recorded like now! You can not get away with **** now!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #90
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Wow, players aren't getting any smarter these days. Well Von, just keep messing up and you won't be playing at all and you can kiss that great huge next contract goodbye.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #91
thumpc
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Richard Quinn

Its a minor, sober infraction being blow out of proportion. The local courts and the DMV put the driver in double jeopardy all the time for these things. Its common for a license to be suspended now over nothing. If you don't confirm your new address in time, for instance. He's a dedicated player who went to Afghanistan and built a chicken business in Tx this offseason, while working hard on his skills. Probably just an oversight.
thumpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #92
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
lol @ the responses here by the perfect OM peeps who do no wrong
I'm sure plenty of people have received traffic violations. I have and I did what was required. I had to appear in front of a judge and pay a fine.

My 2 1/2 year old son is more responsible then half of the NFL players.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #93
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

As i told earlier, we need to cut him..
I am confident we can win SB without that idiot.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #94
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

GOD DAMMIT DONALD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttfyOeU3vw
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #95
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #96
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
As i told earlier, we need to cut him..
I am confident we can win SB without that idiot.
stfu dimwit...back on page 1, I already saved you the time of posting this. Now shoo.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #97
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
look at people get all pissed at people who say things don't look great right now. The fans on this board are sort of a joke. Von Miller has more money then all of us how does he not have insurance, his license? How does he not show up to court? He's a friggin joke to me now. He's supposed to be a new leader on defense and he is turning out more like DJ Williams who wasted his immense talent partying, drinking, and being an idiot.

Broncos should suspend him without pay on top of what league does. Start Phillips and send a message. Then when Vons contract comes up it will have to have protections in it to protect against his immature behavoir.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #98
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Oline in shambles, defensive star suspended and arrested, not the way to go into a Superbowl run.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #99
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I'm sure plenty of people have received traffic violations. I have and I did what was required. I had to appear in front of a judge and pay a fine.

My 2 1/2 year old son is more responsible then half of the NFL players.
What sucks is the Broncos are especially bad. Among the worst in the NFL at getting into trouble. How someone with that kind of money is uninsured is hard to figure out.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #100
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
look at people get all pissed at people who say things don't look great right now. The fans on this board are sort of a joke. Von Miller has more money then all of us how does he not have insurance, his license? How does he not show up to court? He's a friggin joke to me now. He's supposed to be a new leader on defense and he is turning out more like DJ Williams who wasted his immense talent partying, drinking, and being an idiot.

Broncos should suspend him without pay on top of what league does. Start Phillips and send a message. Then when Vons contract comes up it will have to have protections in it to protect against his immature behavoir.

Not that I have a take on this before the details are in but not having proof of insurance and your license in your car with you is a very different thing than driving on a suspended license without insurance. Why not wait until the details are in before we condemn Miller and claim the season lost.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote