The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #401
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
We did have a losing record against good teams last year. I hope that in reality we're the same juggernaut we are on paper, but until we come out swinging...
The losing record against winning teams thing is still should be taken with a grain of salt, considering all those teams were at the beginning of the schedule.

But still, this preseason and now this Von news has left a bad taste in my mouth. They need to figure this out and quick.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #402
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

eh, just need to get into the playoffs. if von makes that much of a difference in winning the west, this probably wasn't a superbowl team anyway.

kind of makes the front offices dumerville **** up look even worse though.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #403
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Foxball is going to have to go out the window, at least early on this season. We'll need 35+ points a game. Luckily, we have the weapons to make that happen.
Have you seen our rb's lately? When the opposition knows PFM's gonna throw it 50 times, they're gonna bring the heat on every down. No balance, PFM gets broomsticked weekly.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #404
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
eh, just need to get into the playoffs. if von makes that much of a difference in winning the west, this probably wasn't a superbowl team anyway. kind of makes the front offices dumerville **** up look even worse though.
Thats probably true.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #405
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Have you seen our rb's lately? When the opposition knows PFM's gonna throw it 50 times, they're gonna bring the heat on every down. No balance, PFM gets broomsticked weekly.
Uh, we had no running backs last year and this didnt happen.

We'll be fine on offense. Defense on the other hand ...
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #406
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
The losing record against winning teams thing is still should be taken with a grain of salt, considering all those teams were at the beginning of the schedule.

But still, this preseason and now this Von news has left a bad taste in my mouth. They need to figure this out and quick.
Actually, that bad taste in your mouth is from gargling everyone's balls all off-season, bud.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #407
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Actually, that bad taste in your mouth is from gargling everyone's balls all off-season, bud.
i gotta stop doing that
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #408
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
i gotta stop doing that


We all get caught up in ball gargling from time to time.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #409
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Have you seen our rb's lately? When the opposition knows PFM's gonna throw it 50 times, they're gonna bring the heat on every down. No balance, PFM gets broomsticked weekly.
Wes is the perfect weapon to abuse the blitz. If the receiving corps stays healthy, I'm not sure PMFM has ever had a better set. Foxy's going to have to cut the leash once it becomes clear that the VonDoom-free defense is a sieve. (That still pisses me off more than anything)

I think we'll struggle early (even if while winning shootouts) but there's still a great shot at getting healthy later in the year and putting something special together.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #410
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
Not necessarily true - another basic tenet of econ:

In general - as inflation goes up, unemployment goes down. Although stagflation does exist (high inflation, high unemployment) in some cases (UK in the 70's), I don't think we see it very often. Also, it would be difficult for Obama or any President himself to do anything about inflation with fiscal policy. Most of the tools we have to combat inflation are at the Fed, where they can change monetary policy to try and combat inflation (depending on which economist you believe).

I agree with you that Obama is not helping the lower classes, but I think this is more due to the nature of the global economy (more supply of cheaper labor abroad) as well as Washington being owned by corporate interests so that policy is always drafted in their favor.




And BTW, that super sucks for us - six games is pretty crazy. More pressure on the Offense to perform. I hope Von can keep himself in shape for that long.
The Federal Reserve needs to be audited. Is BO on board with this? I agree that the Fed is the main problem but BO should be doing something about it. This is what leaders do, right? The US Dollar is going to eventually collapse due to massive debt and the decreasing value of the $. So why doesn't BO do something about this?

The first libtard who defends BO on this crap needs to get punched in the face. I said from the beginning that BO is a joke. He's the epitome of bad leadership. He sucks. He's crap. He's impotent. He's a joke.

BO ain't helping the lower classes, and he sure as hell ain't helping the middle class.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #411
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
eh, just need to get into the playoffs. if von makes that much of a difference in winning the west, this probably wasn't a superbowl team anyway.

kind of makes the front offices dumerville **** up look even worse though.
I don't think it takes us out of the playoffs but it's hard to say this when we are talking about one of the top 3-4 defenders in the entire league.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #412
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I don't think it takes us out of the playoffs but it's hard to say this when we are talking about one of the top 3-4 defenders in the entire league.
yeah, he's dope. and a dope. maybe going in an underdog at 10-6 is better than 14-2 though. Homefield doesn't mean much anymore. Plus it means Von is still really fresh at the end, providing he isn't super high.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #413
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Reminder to everyone freaking out:

Our QB is still Peyton Manning
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #414
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Reminder to everyone freaking out:

Our QB is still Peyton Manning
Thank you
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #415
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Federal Reserve needs to be audited. Is BO on board with this? I agree that the Fed is the main problem but BO should be doing something about it. This is what leaders do, right? The US Dollar is going to eventually collapse due to massive debt and the decreasing value of the $. So why doesn't BO do something about this?

The first libtard who defends BO on this crap needs to get punched in the face. I said from the beginning that BO is a joke. He's the epitome of bad leadership. He sucks. He's crap. He's impotent. He's a joke.

BO ain't helping the lower classes, and he sure as hell ain't helping the middle class.
Trying to not derail the Von sadness here - but I had to reply.

Even an audit of the Fed wouldn't do much to help unless Congress acted to change the Fed's charter and how it operates. The Fed's Board of Governors are appointed to 14 year terms, while the Chairman gets a four year term. Administration officials and members of Congress are not allowed on the board and can't influence decisions. It doesn't matter if it was Romney, Bush, Clinton, or Obama - it would be nearly impossible for any of them to walk over to the Fed and tell them what to do. Even if the Chairman was a complete Obama lackey - which I doubt given that he was a Bush appointee, he probably wouldn't be able to unilaterally enforce decisions over the board of governors.

Along a similar vein, it would also be very difficult for any President to have any significant impact on how the dollar trades on the open markets - there is just too much going on. The dollar in fact this year is trading very well against other foreign currencies - note the YTD changes in this link. (http://wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3020-worlddollar.html) As far as the deficit goes, while the overall debt is increasing, our yearly deficit numbers are decreasing, in fact CBO projects the lowest deficit in 5 years this year. There is a ton of confusion on this - and the numbers can portrayed in many ways. I offer this from the Wall Street Journal - a decidedly non-libtard news outlet. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...ned-2012-05-22

As one those fellow libtards you mention - I'm not happy with Obama for many reasons (NSA, privacy, cronyism, etc) - and also believe that his administration is not showing good leadership - but it is a far stretch to blame him for every economic issue our country faces today.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #416
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post

As one those fellow libtards you mention - I'm not happy with Obama for many reasons (NSA, privacy, cronyism, etc) - and also believe that his administration is not showing good leadership - but it is a far stretch to blame him for every economic issue our country faces today.
Why not? Bush was.



Do people see us beating the ravens without dumervil Von and champ? The way this is going its not the end of the injuries. I expect another key player(s) to go down with injuries for the first couple games. I see them starting 0-2 and ending in 3-3 when Von gets back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #417
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Why not? Bush was.



Do people see us beating the ravens without dumervil Von and champ? The way this is going its not the end of the injuries. I expect another key player(s) to go down with injuries for the first couple games. I see them starting 0-2 and ending in 3-3 when Von gets back.
If Manning is on his game, this team can beat any team in the league, regardless of what the defense does. The Ravens game will be huge. Outside of that, there's a cupcake Fade game in the Division, then 3 NFC games, oh, and the Jags. Losing 2 of the 3 NFC games wouldn't be all that disastrous. But if we eek out a win Week 1 (Mile High will be rockin') 4-2 is about the worse we could possibly do. With those two losses probably being non-conference.

When you think about it, it's kinda hard to imagine a better 6-week window for this to happen in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #418
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
Trying to not derail the Von sadness here - but I had to reply.

Even an audit of the Fed wouldn't do much to help unless Congress acted to change the Fed's charter and how it operates. The Fed's Board of Governors are appointed to 14 year terms, while the Chairman gets a four year term. Administration officials and members of Congress are not allowed on the board and can't influence decisions. It doesn't matter if it was Romney, Bush, Clinton, or Obama - it would be nearly impossible for any of them to walk over to the Fed and tell them what to do. Even if the Chairman was a complete Obama lackey - which I doubt given that he was a Bush appointee, he probably wouldn't be able to unilaterally enforce decisions over the board of governors.

Along a similar vein, it would also be very difficult for any President to have any significant impact on how the dollar trades on the open markets - there is just too much going on. The dollar in fact this year is trading very well against other foreign currencies - note the YTD changes in this link. (http://wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3020-worlddollar.html) As far as the deficit goes, while the overall debt is increasing, our yearly deficit numbers are decreasing, in fact CBO projects the lowest deficit in 5 years this year. There is a ton of confusion on this - and the numbers can portrayed in many ways. I offer this from the Wall Street Journal - a decidedly non-libtard news outlet. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...ned-2012-05-22

As one those fellow libtards you mention - I'm not happy with Obama for many reasons (NSA, privacy, cronyism, etc) - and also believe that his administration is not showing good leadership - but it is a far stretch to blame him for every economic issue our country faces today.
BS, how come Nixon could do it but Obama can't do anything about the dollar's value

Again, apologists. Like I said, if BO really wanted to do something, he could.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Denver Broncos