The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #151
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

I think Kuper is gunning to be starting LG as soon as he gets strong enough. Keep Lilja at Center.
Agreed.....and not to mention hat would be a pretty bad ass line.....Clady-Kuper-Lilja-Vasquez-Franklin

Need to get Walton healthy because I think he would be an upgrade at center but no matter what still solid.

Last edited by ND Bronco Fan; 08-14-2013 at 07:50 AM..
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #152
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Why not beadles at center. He already pulls constantly.
Is he pulling or getting knocked backwards and running for cover?
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #153
DENVERDUI55

The only thing I don't get is everyone here says Beadles is marginal and 3 best OG but the coaching staff and FO seem high on him. Who do I believe the Orangemane GM or the broncos coaching staff?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #154
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The only thing I don't get is everyone here says Beadles is marginal and 3 best OG but the coaching staff and FO seem high on him. Who do I believe the Orangemane GM or the broncos coaching staff?
probably because most people here don't know what the hell they are talking about? I lol all the time at people who think they know how to rate an offensive line.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #155
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
I've been torn for years on this very issue. Sometimes I lie awake at night, sleep deprived, wondering, rehashing the same tiered question in my weary mind. Do BMore and Price feel the same way I do about Raheem Moore and Zane Beadles? Oh the agony of debate between these quantum minds, and those of the expert staff I love. Why Matt Russell, John^2, Jack, and Tom? Why don't you see what they see, and what am I to see; I'm torn. So, I continue on this silly quest of inquisite purchase to find the truth, the truth of football.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #156
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
I agree.

Breadles has his faults. He isn't super powerful in the power run game (one of the reasons he sucked with McD was he was using him wrong). But he's quicker off the line than he gets credit for, he's decent in pass protection, and he's an outstanding down field blocker. He's also smart enough to know the line adjustments, and his technique has improved.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #157
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I will also say that I don't necessarily pride myself on offensive line knowledge. It's probably the aspect of the game that I know the least about (in various times in my youth I have played FS/SS/CB (officially a FS in high school, mostly played the nickel), WR, KR, and even a little OLB and RB for my freshman team)

... but I know a good olineman when I see one.

Last edited by Swedish Extrovert; 08-14-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #158
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
There's a couple of things here.

1. He played bad when was first drafted so there is a fear of that potential.

2. He was a McDaniels draft pick. There is so much contempt for Josh McDaniels that anything he touched is suspect.

3. He plays next to Clady, so he should be doing better.

4. The other lineman have played better and done so sooner.

For me, Beadles is all or nothing. When he's on, he's really on. When he isn't, it's like George Foster. He used to not block down field and he'd let guys get past him. If he gets his hands on someone, he's very good. And he's become force when he pulls. Kuper was our best guard before the injury. And both Kuper and Beadles are better than Ramirez.

Just my 2 cents.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #159
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

2. He was a McDaniels draft pick. There is so much contempt for Josh McDaniels that anything he touched is suspect.

For me, Beadles is all or nothing. When he's on, he's really on. When he isn't, it's like George Foster. He used to not block down field and he'd let guys get past him. If he gets his hands on someone, he's very good. And he's become force when he pulls. Kuper was our best guard before the injury. And both Kuper and Beadles are better than Ramirez.

Just my 2 cents.
The Khan has spoken. Quality analysis here, very level headed, and intelligent. Well done as always sir. I would venture to include Vasquez in the list of Guards that Beadles can out perform, but it seems Vasquez is going to be filling the hole at RG that Kupe has vacated due to injury, so it really doesn't matter.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is the fact that a line of Clady-Beadles-Kuper-Vasquez-Franklin should get the job done, and having guys like CJ, Manny, and Lilja will ease many of our depth concerns.

My biggest fear is Painter as the backup RT. He got anihalted in his first NFL action, and that doesn't bode well for our depth at T going into the season. I wouldn't be opposed to the Broncos sneaking Painter onto the PS, and upgrading the depth with a veteran cut at the deadline.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #160
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
You just don't like Mexicans admit it white bread
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #161
Bmore Manning

Why is it that only someone in our organization can provide analysis on a player? Why is it that my analysis would be any less intelligent than Khan's?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #162
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You just don't like Mexicans admit it white bread
ManRam is from Texas. And I love me some TexMex.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #163
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Why is it that only someone in our organization can provide analysis on a player? Why is it that my analysis would be any less intelligent than Khan's?
Because Med called it first.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #164
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
1. The entire oline didn't play well, that's about the baddest the oline has been in a while and even then, it wasn't that bad in pass protection. It sucked more in the run game.

2. Yep. People like to nit pick Beadles.

3. Meh, not so sure about this. Clady is an excellent LT in pass protection and pretty average in the run game. It's hard to say Beadles is or isn't good based on Clady's play. If they aren't communicating and mixing up assignments then that's on both players, not just Beadles.

4. Who are you talking about, JD Walton or Franklin? I'd say Franklin has done well but I think Beadles has done as good if not better than some of the other olinemen drafted at the same time or after him (Blake).

For me, Beadles would start on any other NFL team in the NFL that plays football, in the NFL. Again, people here are really quite ignorant on oline play. People said Cooper Carlisle sucked and he's been a starter for the faiders. Other olinemen have left the Broncos (who were not rated highly on this message board) and went on to start for other teams.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #165
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Because Med called it first.
MED knew I would call others MOMO, prior to joining the OMane.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #166
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

For Bmore...

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #167
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
This is a very reasonable post.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #168
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Do you really want someone to answer that?
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #169
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
Until Kuper can stay healthy and prove he is 100%, of his former self, you simply can't say that. That injury is going to impact his mobility and right now we dont' know how much. I'm also not sure I would rank Ramirez as the least of the 3.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #170
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Bmore in every thread...

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #171
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
My biggest fear is Painter as the backup RT.
Speaking of Painter...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...nters-progress
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #172
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Price you said a few weeks ago that Beadles was our best Guard. Now your seeing him for what he is, or your reading and listening to the Fan Radio way to much. That's how you've come up with your Knighton hate.
Not a single word you type is true. Carry on flamer.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #173
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Keeping Kuper at a lower cost is a great thing but I do not look for him to unseat Beadles. Beadles is very solid and does not miss games. He is reliable. He is the kind of guard Denver will be able to sign long term at a reasonable contract and count on him to show up every week. Kuper's best shot to stick long term with the team is at Center. Now that his contract has been reduced he could be the answer at Center. Although, I like Walton and think he will turn out to be good. He himself has to come back healthy.

But this does give Denver lots of options and really....... all of them are good.
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Beadles hasn't even signed his second contract and he has been hurt. He is a good team guy but
chris played 5 games and was still asked to play in the pro bowl ahead of Beadles. Chris played a season with 2 broken hands and started all 16 games and gave up 0 sacks. Ihave sat here the last year and read all the BS you have written but it is clear you have no idea about the garbage you spout. Give me a break. I will not go into any details because I do think Zane is a good kid and a good football player but it's obvious there are people in the FO that feel that Chris Kuper at 80% is better than what they have healthy.
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #174
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
I think I read that since Kuper practiced in training camp he is no longer eligible for the 6 game PUP.

I think the delay to start practicing was a tactic to prevent being cut like Willis and Joe were when they proved to be healthy enough to avoid an injury settlement. Now he has the guaranteed money and a chance to compete, which is all he wanted. The team has a more manageable cap number, which is what they wanted. Win-win.

I also noticed that he wasn't wearing any kind of brace or external tape when he was snapping to Manning in the pictures yesterday, so I think it is just a matter of getting into football shape and practicing the exchange. He will be the starting C or LG on Sept 5.
Someone that makes a bit of sense... REP
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #175
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Beadles hasn't even signed his second contract and he has been hurt. He is a good team guy but
chris played 5 games and was still asked to play in the pro bowl ahead of Beadles. Chris played a season with 2 broken hands and started all 16 games and gave up 0 sacks. Ihave sat here the last year and read all the BS you have written but it is clear you have no idea about the garbage you spout. Give me a break. I will not go into any details because I do think Zane is a good kid and a good football player but it's obvious there are people in the FO that feel that Chris Kuper at 80% is better than what they have healthy.
Boom.

Bacchus? Stay down, man. Stay down.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote