The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #126
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
It's a bit silly to say our run blocking sucks.

We've had one series, with a banged up line, against arguably the best front seven in football. Let's wait and see what we can do in a real game before we get too heartbroken, yeah?

Psh. Calm and level headed? Are you new?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #127
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Why not beadles at center. He already pulls constantly.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #128
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I would love to see Beadles at Center. A healthy Kuper would easily outplay Beadles at LG. besides Beadles strengths are what he would need to handle playing Center..

But can he snap a football?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #129
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
It's a whole new Price! Using his eyes! A month ago you called Beadles our best Guard much like Swedish Fish did.
You lie moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
It's a bit silly to say our run blocking sucks.

We've had one series, with a banged up line, against arguably the best front seven in football. Let's wait and see what we can do in a real game before we get too heartbroken, yeah?
2012: 9th in rushing attempts, 16th in yards, 25th in yards per attempt

Subtract Koppen, add Manram. You do the math. All I'm saying is I'm glad they added Lilja, and I'm glad Kuper may finally be getting healthy.

Last edited by pricejj; 08-13-2013 at 09:28 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #130
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to this.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #131
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
It's a whole new Price! Using his eyes! A month ago you called Beadles our best Guard much like Swedish Fish did.

Proud of you Momo!

Any analysis change with Knighton..?
Good lord you're an idiot.

I said Beadles was better than Vasquez, and a gimpy Kuper.

Kuper healthy trumps them all with a bullet.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #132
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Is Bmoremanning for real? Or a troll. I can't tell.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #133
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

For the love of god, can we stop the momo bull****?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #134
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
This is great news. I had high hopes for Beadles, but if Gibbs can't improve his technique at the POA, than no one can. So far, Beadles has been getting tossed around in camp. Look at the final product on the field. The run blocking sucks.

I think Kuper is gunning to be starting LG as soon as he gets strong enough. Keep Lilja at Center. That would make both Beadles and Walton expendable in 2014, if necessary. Elway didn't hire Gibbs to field a degenerate rushing attack.
Yeah that's all a good plan and everything until Kuper gets hurt again.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #135
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Yeah that's all a good plan and everything until Kuper gets hurt again.
At least this gives Kuper and the Broncos time, and also saves them from cutting Kuper and using $2.8M in dead money against the cap this year. They'll also have plenty of options when they have to decide on LG in 2014.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #136
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Bmore??

More like IGNORE!!!

Hahahahaaaaaa! (see what I did there)
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #137
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Bmore??

More like IGNORE!!!

Hahahahaaaaaa! (see what I did there)
Way ahead of you.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #138
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
For the love of god, can we stop the momo bull****?
Hahahhahah!

Please, seriously, please.

For your sanity and the sanity of your fellow posters on the Mane, BMore, stop with the momo BS.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #139
Bacchus

Quote:
At least this gives Kuper and the Broncos time, and also saves them from cutting Kuper and using $2.8M in dead money against the cap this year. They'll also have plenty of options when they have to decide on LG in 2014.
Keeping Kuper at a lower cost is a great thing but I do not look for him to unseat Beadles. Beadles is very solid and does not miss games. He is reliable. He is the kind of guard Denver will be able to sign long term at a reasonable contract and count on him to show up every week. Kuper's best shot to stick long term with the team is at Center. Now that his contract has been reduced he could be the answer at Center. Although, I like Walton and think he will turn out to be good. He himself has to come back healthy.

But this does give Denver lots of options and really....... all of them are good.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #140
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
But this does give Denver lots of options and really....... all of them are good.
The best of which are:

1. Kuper is a ****ing inspiration to all
2. Broncos save $3M in cap dollars (get their cake and eat it too)
3. Will have no less than 4 dudes who could start at LG in '14 (Beadles, Kuper, Lilja, ManRam). Talk about leverage in contract negotiations.

Now let's go get Kuper a freaking ring.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #141
Bacchus

Quote:
The best of which are:

1. Kuper is a ****ing inspiration to all
2. Broncos save $3M in cap dollars (get their cake and eat it too)
3. Will have no less than 4 dudes who could start at LG in '14 (Beadles, Kuper, Lilja, ManRam). Talk about leverage in contract negotiations.

Now let's go get Kuper a freaking ring.
Lilja and ManRam are really nothing but Back-ups....quality backups.

Kupe, Vasquez, Walton and Beadles are the top 4 guys for those three postitions. When Walton gets back it is going to be interesting. If Ramierez is starting at Center I believe when Walton is healthy the job is his, but what if kuper is starting at Center....ahhhh.... Maybe Walton doesn't get his job back. This O-line is tremendously deep. The injuries are scary but get all these guys healthy and it will be fun.

as far as wining the SB for Kupper Really, KUPER!?!? How About Champ, Or Manning, or Fox, or me for christ sakes. They need to win one for me!

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-13-2013 at 11:41 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #142
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Kuper is a depth signing now. He's not even participating in team drills. Hopefully he recovers and adds depth to the line. Kuper still might not make the team. We shall see and good luck to him.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #143
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I'm pretty much just saying that Beadles is better than Vasquez. But they're both solid guards.

I get it. Beadles had a terrible first couple of years. But he owned last year and has become one of the leagues best guards. So if Kupe when he is healthy.

Again Clady-Beadles-Kupe-Vasquez-Franklin.... that's a wet dream for Peyton Manning... and a nightmare for opposing lines and line backers.

I'm not worried about the line one bit. Maybe you're right about not unseating Vasquez. But Beadles will stay in place, too, and perhaps center is best fit for Kupe. Especially considering he knows all the line calls.
Beadles better than a limping Kuper, Beadles better than Vasquez, Beadles has become one of the leagues BEST Guards...

Sounds like your calling him our best Guard and one of the best in the NFL to me.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #144
Bmore Manning

Price you said a few weeks ago that Beadles was our best Guard. Now your seeing him for what he is, or your reading and listening to the Fan Radio way to much. That's how you've come up with your Knighton hate.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #145
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The O-line may have more than it's share of the walking wounded, but the time-line seems ideal for everything coming together at just the right moment, that is, the regular season.

This roster just seems deeper than it has ever been on both sides of the ball. I believe they could compensate for nearly any loss, offense or defense, with the obvious exception being Manning.

At the very least, Kuper is the best depth at his position in the NFL. At best, he's an excellent starting Guard, and I'm grateful Elway & Co. had the foresight to re-work his contract in a way that keeps him here.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #146
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
The O-line may have more than it's share of the walking wounded, but the time-line seems ideal for everything coming together at just the right moment, that is, the regular season.

This roster just seems deeper than it has ever been on both sides of the ball. I believe they could compensate for nearly any loss, offense or defense, with the obvious exception being Manning.

At the very least, Kuper is the best depth at his position in the NFL. At best, he's an excellent starting Guard, and I'm grateful Elway & Co. had the foresight to re-work his contract in a way that keeps him here.
Hear hear!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #147
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Kuper is a depth signing now. He's not even participating in team drills. Hopefully he recovers and adds depth to the line. Kuper still might not make the team. We shall see and good luck to him.
I think he's a lock to make the team now, personally.

We'll not give up on him in the next two weeks, especially after just giving him a new deal that gives him more in guarantees than he previously had.

If he makes a speedy recovery he may start at C, otherwise he'll be stashed as depth and gradually worked back to health.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #148
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Beadles/Vasquez are similar in postion title only. Beadles is more of a guard in the zone blocking scheme. Vasquez is more of a traditional guard who excels in pass blocking.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #149
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

If Kuper can play he will make the team. If not, he will be put on the PUP. I'd love to see some combination of Clady/Franklin/Vasquez/Kuper/Beadles starting, but it might only materialize on Madden.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #150
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I think I read that since Kuper practiced in training camp he is no longer eligible for the 6 game PUP.

I think the delay to start practicing was a tactic to prevent being cut like Willis and Joe were when they proved to be healthy enough to avoid an injury settlement. Now he has the guaranteed money and a chance to compete, which is all he wanted. The team has a more manageable cap number, which is what they wanted. Win-win.

I also noticed that he wasn't wearing any kind of brace or external tape when he was snapping to Manning in the pictures yesterday, so I think it is just a matter of getting into football shape and practicing the exchange. He will be the starting C or LG on Sept 5.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote