The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #101
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Anyone listen to Les and Tom?

Had me cracking up today....

Tom, "Are you smart enough to play center in the NFL?"
Kupe, "You did."
LMAO!!!! Is there a link? I gotta hear this.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #102
Bmore Manning

Beadles our best Guard... You can't be serious momo..
Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #103
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
I'm pretty much just saying that Beadles is better than Vasquez. But they're both solid guards.

I get it. Beadles had a terrible first couple of years. But he owned last year and has become one of the leagues best guards. So if Kupe when he is healthy.

Again Clady-Beadles-Kupe-Vasquez-Franklin.... that's a wet dream for Peyton Manning... and a nightmare for opposing lines and line backers.

I'm not worried about the line one bit. Maybe you're right about not unseating Vasquez. But Beadles will stay in place, too, and perhaps center is best fit for Kupe. Especially considering he knows all the line calls.
Im not really that worried about the oline also.

The Broncos just signed Vasquez to a 5 yr 25 mil contract so his job is as safe as it gets.

I think Vasquez is much better than Beadles overall. I really like Beadles too, and I thinks he way underrated by this forum, but hes only had one good year. I dont believe anyones ever called him one of the best guards in the NFL, other than yourself. Thats a bit of stretching imo.

Kupes only shot is at center in my mind, but Im just not sure how much confidence the Broncos are putting into him starting there because of the Lilja signing.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #104
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Wrong again...He played QB until his junior year in high school. Not that he could play at this level.
Don't sell him short. Tebow did it, so how hard could it be
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #105
Bmore Manning

I'm not sure when Kuper will be fully healthy or where he will be playing on the line, but I am ecstatic to have him at the very least as quality depth, and with a cap friendly figure.

But this Beadles talk of greatness is nonsense.. He is good at pre snap reads and movement, he still can't anchor and hold at the point of attack, but make no mistake he's the best Guard on the team, maybe even in the NFL.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #106
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Obviously he wants to be fair to the team as long as he has the option to compete. We are happy that this is behind him and he can remain a Denver Bronco. When he is healthy he is definitely better than anyone he is competing against. All I know is someone in the Broncos FO recognized that they are better with him than without. Now all of the haters can close their pieholes and b**** about someone else's salary. Thanks to all of you guys that have supported him over the last 20 months. And a HUGE kiss me, and tell me that you love me to those that haven't.

Thanks to the admin for changing that last sentence...I definitely dont want a kiss
So happy he's staying.....
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #107
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post

How can you say this -

But this Beadles talk of greatness is nonsense.. He is good at pre snap reads and movement, he still can't anchor and hold at the point of attack,

...and then this-

but make no mistake he's the best Guard on the team, maybe even in the NFL.

In the same sentence yet? how can a guard who can't anchor or hold at the point of the attack be considered possibly the best in the NFL?
in bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #108
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
in bold
He is making jokes at other posters.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #109
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I wouldn't call Beadles the best guard in the NFL by a long shot.

Best pulling guard, maybe. Solid pass protection. His power-run game is lacking.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #110
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

The fact of the matter is, we have three top-tier guards.... and two injuries at center.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #111
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Obviously he wants to be fair to the team as long as he has the option to compete. We are happy that this is behind him and he can remain a Denver Bronco. When he is healthy he is definitely better than anyone he is competing against. All I know is someone in the Broncos FO recognized that they are better with him than without. Now all of the haters can close their pieholes and b**** about someone else's salary. Thanks to all of you guys that have supported him over the last 20 months. And a HUGE kiss me, and tell me that you love me to those that haven't.

Thanks to the admin for changing that last sentence...I definitely dont want a kiss
The Broncos need more guys like this. Guys like your son make it fun to be a fan of this team. Here's to hoping this story has a very happy ending and Kupe returns to 100%
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #112
pricejj
jungle

Attached Images

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #113
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I wouldn't call Beadles the best guard in the NFL by a long shot.

Best pulling guard, maybe. Solid pass protection. His power-run game is lacking.
He's good at pulling, I'll agree.. But that's about it. He's average in pass protection and his power blocking leaves a lot to be desired.

He's dominated by more powerful DTs at the point of attack, as well as frequently off balance and overwhelmed by quick disruptive DTs. That sounds like most NFL Guards, where to me is where he falls somewhere in the average to slightly above average, especially playing with PM, mix.

But you said best Guard on our team, he is not. Skill wise.. He's our third best Guard if Kuper was healthy.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #114
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hasn't Lilja been a Guard most of his career?

Think he has like 13 career starts at C, surely Kuper has a real shot at being the starter at C when his competition is Ramirez and Lilja, two guys who are pretty much in the same boat (i.e Guards trying to play Center)

I'm confident one of them will be at least serviceable at the spot, and have a bit of hope Kuper could even be quite good there. At the very least we'll go into the year with experienced, versatile depth on the interior line. That's a plus.

As for Beadles, I'm hopeful he'll really excel in the ZBS where he should get to move laterally more, so shouldn't get pushed back in the run game so much. I think the switch will be great for him. I still worry about him in pass protection against good DT's though, he gets mauled too much for me to consider him a top Guard. I'd consider him a good player, but he still has a ways to go before I'd consider giving him a lucrative extension.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #115
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Hate to agree with Bmore, but Beadles from what I have seen in Camp looked fairly average. He had a lot of trouble holding his ground against his man in the two camp sessions that I saw.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #116
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Give your son all of our thanks. We most definitely want him to stay!

SUUUUUUUPER BOWLLLLLLL!!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #117
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
No way is Kuper a backup if he is healthy enough to play. He is our best interior lineman when healthy. Even if center doesn't work out he will send Beadles to the bench.
I agree with this.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #118
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
in bold

Momo. Clearly.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #119
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Vasquez has size, Beadles has great movement. But Kuper, when healthy, is the best guard on the team by a dozen miles, and one of the better guards in the NFL. Just how it is.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #120
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Vasquez has size, Beadles has great movement. But Kuper, when healthy, is the best guard on the team by a dozen miles, and one of the better guards in the NFL. Just how it is.

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a tough week for our family and it's nice to see that some people arent just going for the "flavor of the day" .We pretty much knew that Chris would need to make a decision like this. Thanks for all of the support from the board, there are some pretty good guys that I have met in the last 7 or 8 years. And I think this is my 600 post. Go Broncos!!

oops 601
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #121
pricejj
jungle

This is great news. I had high hopes for Beadles, but if Gibbs can't improve his technique at the POA, than no one can. So far, Beadles has been getting tossed around in camp. Look at the final product on the field. The run blocking sucks.

I think Kuper is gunning to be starting LG as soon as he gets strong enough. Keep Lilja at Center. That would make both Beadles and Walton expendable in 2014, if necessary. Elway didn't hire Gibbs to field a degenerate rushing attack.
Attached Images

Last edited by pricejj; 08-13-2013 at 07:22 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #122
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Momo. Clearly.

Over your head momo.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #123
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
This is great news. I had high hopes for Beadles, but if Gibbs can't improve his technique at the POA, than no one can. So far, Beadles has been getting tossed around in camp. Look at the final product on the field. The run blocking sucks.

I think Kuper is gunning to be starting LG as soon as he gets strong enough. Keep Lilja at Center. That would make both Beadles and Walton expendable in 2014, if necessary. Elway didn't hire Gibbs to field a degenerate rushing attack.
It's a whole new Price! Using his eyes! A month ago you called Beadles our best Guard much like Swedish Fish did.

Proud of you Momo!

Any analysis change with Knighton..?
Old 08-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #124
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Over your head momo.

Momo. Momo, momo? Momo!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #125
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's a bit silly to say our run blocking sucks.

We've had one series, with a banged up line, against arguably the best front seven in football. Let's wait and see what we can do in a real game before we get too heartbroken, yeah?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote