The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #76
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
! He's already PM'ed me the PDF copy of the contract!

Is there anything MED can't do?!
Not see something before everyone else does.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #77
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hope we hear from Kupe's Dad and I hope he feels his son was treated fairly. Only their family and the FO knows the whole story.
In b4 Baja threatens to renounce his Bronco fandom.

Again.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #78
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
In b4 Baja threatens to renounce his Bronco fandom.

Again.

My guess is you are an alternate account. What's sad is you have to hide behind it.

I just read quite a few of your posts, they are all talking shiit about some other poster not one of them was Broncos football related. Yup alternate account. What are ya afraid of?

Last edited by baja; 08-13-2013 at 01:52 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #79
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Good news. Hopefully he can play.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #80
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I agree somewhat, really Denver played this out to avoid an injury settlement and it played out in their favor. They played chicken, Kupe ended up with pretty much no option.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing anyone...it was smart business. Just saying, it's probably not a real "feel good" story. In any case, glad he is staying, awesome depth.
Yep, Broncos get some cap money savings for this year, gives Kuper a chance to fully recover and take back his starting job and if he can't then he is (sadly) gone next year.

Love this move by the FO doesn't save us money to sign anyone next year but it makes sense for this year and Kuper gets a little more guarenteed money while he gets to rehab.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #81
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Click the linky for the deets:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ryan-lilja/

(Basically, 1 yr @ $2,171,875)
Only $100K is guaranteed (signing bonus). So if he gets outplayed, he can be released without much of a cap hit.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
if we end up cutting him because we can't afford the deal after paying our punter a hundred million dollars I'll be pretty mad.
Colquitt is healthy and is one of the best punters in the league and is the franchise career leader (minimum 100 punts) in gross (46.1) and net (39.5) yards per punt.

Kuper is a good player, but struggles to stay healthy.....which makes him more expendable and less valuable to the franchise.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #83
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't understand. The Broncos are giving Kupe a chance to recover and play again that seems like that would be what Kupe wants. You can't keep paying a guy 5 mil that is on the sidelines. I bet this is what Kupe wanted rather than an injury settlement. If there is a question mark here it would be letting he come back before he was completely healed but maybe there was no way to analyze that.
Obviously he wants to be fair to the team as long as he has the option to compete. We are happy that this is behind him and he can remain a Denver Bronco. When he is healthy he is definitely better than anyone he is competing against. All I know is someone in the Broncos FO recognized that they are better with him than without. Now all of the haters can close their pieholes and b**** about someone else's salary. Thanks to all of you guys that have supported him over the last 20 months. And a HUGE kiss me, and tell me that you love me to those that haven't.

Thanks to the admin for changing that last sentence...I definitely dont want a kiss

Last edited by kupesdad; 08-13-2013 at 03:00 PM..
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #84
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Obviously he wants to be fair to the team as long as he has the option to compete. We are happy that this is behind him and he can remain a Denver Bronco. When he is healthy he is definitely better than anyone he is competing against. All I know is someone in the Broncos FO recognized that they are better with him than without. Now all of the haters can close their pieholes and b**** about someone else's salary. Thanks to all of you guys that have supported him over the last 20 months. And a HUGE kiss me, and tell me that you love me to those that haven't.

Thanks to the admin for changing that last sentence...I definitely dont want a kiss

LOVE IT!!!

Now, can we get him playing center??
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #85
NorCalBronco7

Not to be a downer, but Im doubtful of Kupe stepping in and starting at center, especially with the Lilja signing. I think hes a backup this season at guard. I could be way off though. Kupe might know how to play center. Its just hard to believe when hes never taken a snap at center in the NFL.

Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 08-13-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #86
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

If he's gonna be a back-up, its beneficial if he can play all over the line. I assume they don't think he'll be our starting center, but want him ready in a pinch. He's not gonna forget how to play guard.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #87
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Not to be a downer, but Im doubtful of Kupe stepping in and starting at center, especially with the Lilja signing. I think hes a backup this season at guard. I could be way off though. Kupe might know how to play center. Its just hard to believe when hes never taken a snap under center in the NFL.
He's played every position on the line including left guard.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #88
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Not to be a downer, but Im doubtful of Kupe stepping in and starting at center, especially with the Lilja signing. I think hes a backup this season at guard. I could be way off though. Kupe might know how to play center. Its just hard to believe when hes never taken a snap under center in the NFL.
You're right...he's no QB!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #89
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Wrong again...He played QB until his junior year in high school. Not that he could play at this level.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #90
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

This must mean OZ's days are numbered.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #91
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
He's played every position on the line including left guard.
I dont remember him playing center in the NFL. But for some reason, I trust you.

Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 08-13-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #92
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Tebow did it and hes not a Qb.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #93
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Hell lets get a uni and helmet for you too. 2 Kupe's on the frontlines kickin ass.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #94
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

No way is Kuper a backup if he is healthy enough to play. He is our best interior lineman when healthy. Even if center doesn't work out he will send Beadles to the bench.
chanesaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #95
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Anyone listen to Les and Tom?

Had me cracking up today....

Tom, "Are you smart enough to play center in the NFL?"
Kupe, "You did."
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #96
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
No way is Kuper a backup if he is healthy enough to play. He is our best interior lineman when healthy. Even if center doesn't work out he will send Beadles to the bench.
I was thoroughly impressed with Beadles last year... and a healthy Beadles is better than a limping Kuper.

If Kuper bumps someone off the line, it would be Vasquez... but Kupe will play center if he's up for it. And it sounds like he will be.

Nalen was also saying once this line gets healthy, Clady-Beadles-Kuper-Vasquez-Franklin will be the best squad in the NFL.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #97
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not calling him a bust but her certainly hasn't outplayed his contract.. He's meh at best.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #98
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I was thoroughly impressed with Beadles last year... and a healthy Beadles is better than a limping Kuper.

If Kuper bumps someone off the line, it would be Vasquez... but Kupe will play center if he's up for it. And it sounds like he will be.

Nalen was also saying once this line gets healthy, Clady-Beadles-Kuper-Vasquez-Franklin will be the best squad in the NFL.
I can understand Kupe taking Beadles place, although I dont think that will happen. But Kupe taking Vasquez spot? Theres a better chance of California breaking off into the ocean tomorrow, than that.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #99
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I can understand Kupe taking Beadles place, although I dont think that will happen. But Kupe taking Vasquez spot? Theres a better chance of California breaking off into the ocean tomorrow, than that.
I'm pretty much just saying that Beadles is better than Vasquez. But they're both solid guards.

I get it. Beadles had a terrible first couple of years. But he owned last year and has become one of the leagues best guards. So if Kupe when he is healthy.

Again Clady-Beadles-Kupe-Vasquez-Franklin.... that's a wet dream for Peyton Manning... and a nightmare for opposing lines and line backers.

I'm not worried about the line one bit. Maybe you're right about not unseating Vasquez. But Beadles will stay in place, too, and perhaps center is best fit for Kupe. Especially considering he knows all the line calls.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #100
nyuk nyuk

It's a good idea with all the injuries.