The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
broncofan4life
Solid Starter

Default Broncos vs Seahawks on NFL Network live

The game will be live @ 730pt no need to get the preseason live app next week game is live also vs STL
broncofan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan4life View Post
The game will be live @ 730pt no need to get the preseason live app next week game is live also vs STL
What day?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

Looking forward to DT burning big mouth Sherman, before he exits the game
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
What day?
Sat. 10pm eastern.

I'll be watching Sunday after I get home from church, because east coast.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Good Lord we are playing some great defenses to start the pre-season! Wow! STL next. Those were top 5 defenses in the league last year. Peyton and the boys are getting some real good competition to start the year and work on timing.

Seriously though that is a great pre-season setup for DEN to get quality reps and tape for their guys.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I have wondered who sets up the pre season schedule, is it the same people that create the regular season schedule?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I have wondered who sets up the pre season schedule, is it the same people that create the regular season schedule?
We usually play the same teams (NFC, somewhat close to CO) so SF, AZ, STL, Dal, Sea, etc. I think they try to minimize the travel in the preseason.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
We usually play the same teams (NFC, somewhat close to CO) so SF, AZ, STL, Dal, Sea, etc. I think they try to minimize the travel in the preseason.
That makes sense. I kinda remember something about the teams themselves talking to other teams and agree to play each other and when & where, that is the part I am wondering about.

Found it;

Matchups[edit source | editbeta]
Unlike the regular season, the exhibition matchups are not based on any rotating or set formula.
The NFL schedules the matchups for all of the exhibition games. Since 2002, individual teams have been allowed to negotiate their own deals to play each other during the preseason. The league allows individual teams to provide input into desired matchups and determines the matchups for any games that were not individually negotiated; however, the league sets all game dates and times. The exhibition season schedule is released in the spring, shortly before the regular season schedule is announced. The NFL has set a loose precedent of determining exhibition matchups:

Last edited by baja; 08-12-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rev,

What is the over/under on Janoris Jenkins getting suspended btw? Likely before or after the preseason? I would really like the matchups against STL if Jenkins can play
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

The only thing that has started to bother me a bit, is John Fox.
Ever since he pocketed those two time outs with 30 seconds left in last year's play-off game against the Ravens, I've lost confidence in him to make the gutsy call when it matters the most.

Last week during our first pre-season game, he declined to have the started go out a second time. This first pre-season game was supposed to only have the starters play one serie, I get that, however, it seems like I wasn't the only one who felt at the time that we should've gone out one more time.
The game really didn't help our offense acomplish anything, or the whole team for that matter.
Again, the Fox factor reared his ugly head.
The guy has now a top NFL defense and one of the most potent offenses in the NFL and the guy seems to be way too conservative to run a team equipped with the weapons he has, time for somebody to remind him these are not his Carolina Panthers!

Disclaimer: I'm not a Fox basher, I don't hate the guy, in fact I like him as a coach, but all of the sudden I've started to question his thinking under pressure.
Hopefully he can knock me out of my line of thinking here...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #11
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Ever since he pocketed those two time outs with 30 seconds left in last year's play-off game against the Ravens, I've lost confidence in him to make the gutsy call when it matters the most.

Last week during our first pre-season game, he declined to have the started go out a second time. This first pre-season game was supposed to only have the starters play one serie, I get that, however, it seems like I wasn't the only one who felt at the time that we should've gone out one more time.
The game really didn't help our offense acomplish anything, or the whole team for that matter.
The guy has now a top NFL defense and one of the most potent offenses in the NFL and the guy seems to be way too conservative to run a team equipped with the weapons he has, time for somebody to remind him these are not his Carolina Panthers!

Disclaimer: I'm not a Fox basher, I don't hate the guy, in fact I like him as a coach, but all of the sudden I've started to question his thinking under pressure.
I'm glad he didn't send them out again. There was absolutely nothing to gain by sending them out there again. I'll ask you about week 2 if that was a mistake and you will have forgot what you were even whining about.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
pat bowlen is broke
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

It's preseason, relax. Also, Fox has gone 21-11 in two regular seasons with 3 different QBs and is 1-1 in the playoffs. Sure, that playoff loss was a stinger but everything went bad during that game (except special teams) and yet the Broncos were extremely close to winning it anyway. The ratbirds got by the Broncos based on the Broncos beating the Broncos and horrible refs more than anything else. The ratbirds then went on and won the SB. IMHO, this tells me the Broncos are a very good team that lost a very close playoff game because of a flukey play.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Marshawn and Wilson? It will be a test for the D.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Hopefully, he turns things over to Gase and Del Rio and keeps his hands in his pockets.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

The way that O line was playing and Manning getting hit he probably **** his pants and pulled them all.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hopefully, he turns things over to Gase and Del Rio and keeps his hands in his pockets.
He should grab a skirt and go stand with the cheer leaders and let his coordinators run the show.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Marshawn and Wilson? It will be a test for the D.

Christine Micheal is the one who is going to rip our team a new ahole.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Like Manning needs more time.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Christine Micheal is the one who is going to rip our team a new ahole.
He has back spasms. He might not play this weekend. Robert Turbin might be playing.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #21
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

The St Louis game is on national tv, as well?
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Don't say that to the Bay Area Media cause they think we played the starters well into the 2nd quarter.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
This.

That is why we always play AZ last preseason game. They're the closest.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #24
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Like Manning needs more time.
No he doesn't. Don't insult my inteligence, that's not what i meant.
We have a new RB, and a key new player in Wes Walker and would've been nice to see them work their timing and chemistry a bit more.
Heck, even the players said after the game they wanted to go out one more time...
That's all I wanted to point out...
And yeah, it's pre-season. I get that
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

If Fox had sent them out for a second series and someone had gotten hurt, people would all over here complaining that he was stupid to send them out again. Sometimes you just can't win.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote