The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #51
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Thanks for the reports.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #52
Bmore Manning

Manase Foketi... Someone drafted him in our OMane draft.

Great call MED.

I'll take anything positive about Moore with an entire dispenser of salt.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
Bmore Manning

Seriously Kaylore.. This is great!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #54
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Why do we have to grow up? When I was younger Kaylore would have a report almost everyday... and they got me through the blistering summer heat while working in an office in Grand Junction... Back then, I used to think, if I were in Denver, I would go to camp every day. Now I am in Denver and I still can't make it.

Kahn - your reports still rock.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #55
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Manase Foketi... Someone drafted him in our OMane draft.
I signed him as an UDFA for Denver in the 2012 OMane draft. You lose again.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #56
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #57
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Yeah your right I didn't draft him..

Great call Shananahan!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #58
Shananahan

I really did, though. Go check.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #59
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Foketi,Hester and McCray were the three I was most excited about as UFA.
Would love for Foketi and McCray to do some damage and make the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That's a bit harsh for a guy who is still learning the playbook and who never got proper development in college. There's little chance the guy ever becomes anything considering where he was drated, but at least give the guy some time to learn.
Not really harsh. It's true. The chiefs QB's are west coast under 15 yard throwers to the max more recently.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #60
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

You khan do eet
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #61
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Woodyard was chippy all day. Pushing the offense around quite a bit. Pushed Decker one time and he was ready to fight. Then when Rahim blew up Hilman (helmet went flying) Hester came in to back up his teammate and Woody and Hester went at it. Woody had a hand full of face mask. The during Team he was jawing on a good play, Manning rushed the offense to the line and took a QB sneak for a first down... Manning then yelled Woodyard's way, "FIRST DOWN!!!"
The bolded part is so awesome.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #62
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I had to chance to sit and watch camp with Oskie AKA Broncoman 13 today. It was almost like old times. The weather was agreeable and the practice was efficient and high temp. However there was some late-camp sluggishness that was coming up which is pretty typical after several weeks. Iím going to jump right in and give my evaluations and focus primarily on the players that stood out to me and general feelings of the team after.

Focus of the day was on running plays and situations so the defense had a major advantage as we arenít really a running team. We had some decent moments, but the defense definitely won the day on this one. Some areas (Like offensive line) I actually feel better about than I did before going to practice today.

Quarterbacks
Peyton Manning had a mixed day. In the situational and redzone drills he was pretty good. Scoring on several plays. In other instances he and the receivers were having difficulty syncing up. I donít think he and Julius and Welker are totally on the same page. Neither really worked with Manning much last season so itís understandable. His arm strength is improved - significantly so. The distance in arm strength between Manning and Brock last year was pretty large. This year Manning is closer. Some of the best stuff about Manning is the way he antagonizes the defense. Heís tell them off or make fun of them when they make a bad call. Heís got the dead-pan down.

Brock Osweiller is much better than last year (and I felt he was not half bad last year when I saw him.) Heís starting master using his arm strength to cheat, especially in attacking holes in the middle of the field, but heís also started to throw more touch passes. His downfield throwing is beautiful. His size makes him a little awkward when he hands off the ball, but they practice those quite a bit.
Zac Dysert is basically every Chiefs QB ever: He always checks it down and isnít very accurate beyond 15 yards.

Receivers: As a group the receivers are even more polished than last year. Some of the athleticism was really impressive. Demaryius has the best foot dexterity of all the receivers including Welker and Trindon. They were running a series of exercises and his nimbleness was amazing especially for someone his size. He is making some really impressive catches and is starting to really dominate. Sometimes Thomas looks like he isnít trying very hard, but itís actually that he is making it look easy. Kemonte Bateman impressed me with his agility. He is pretty raw but has good change of direction and good burst. Welker is the best at getting in and out of breaks. There is a suddenness to his routes that is incredibly difficult to stay with. Chris Harris was the only one who was having any luck most of the time. I was not impressed with Tavarres King. He seemed to have poor dexterity and dropped two balls. He doesnít run very efficiently. Gerell Robinson is the new Matthew Willis ala the scrub that does just enough to stand out to probably get to play a few plays in the regular season. Decker has really good routes but is getting sneaky about pushing off and using his size. It will mean some big opportunities but also some penalties probably.
The superior intellect has returned. "I could never succeeded you, sir. I could only hope to replace you. "
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #63
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The most consistently solid DB is Rahim Moore. He lines up where heís supposed to, is always in good position, he wraps up well and generally the QBís avoid him which may be why no one is talking about him. Heís been running with the oneís since OTAís but no one was mentioned him in their reports.
Med did not call it here. This is one player I disagree with Med on.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #64
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Med did not call it here. This is one player I disagree with Med on.
No he has shown nothing to warrant his "draft status".

Up until now MED is spot on about Moore.

Great call MED!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #65
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I really did, though. Go check.
Your the man bro.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #66
Shananahan

Perhaps you would like me to remind you again that I, Shananahan, landed Manase Foketi in a message board-run mock draft one year before you did?

Please bear with me while I rub it in your face as though it means something.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #67
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Perhaps you would like me to remind you again that I, Shananahan, landed Manase Foketi in a message board-run mock draft one year before you did?

Please bear with me while I rub it in your face as though it means something.
I guess now that survivor is over others want to pick meaningless fights with Bmore on the Mane. I was the first to pick on Bmore, just so you know. Like a month before you did it Shananahan... so there.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #68
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Perhaps you would like me to remind you again that I, Shananahan, landed Manase Foketi in a message board-run mock draft one year before you did? Because it happened.
You got him a year he wasn't even in the draft! That's a whole new level of impressive...
Old 08-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #69
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
No he has shown nothing to warrant his "draft status".

Up until now MED is spot on about Moore.

Great call MED!
You think a mid-2nd round pick that's been a full-time starter when healthy since being drafted isn't warranting his "draft status"?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #70
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You think a mid-2nd round pick that's been a full-time starter when healthy since being drafted isn't warranting his "draft status"?

Yes. Cuz, like. Yes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #71
Shananahan

Quote:
You got him a year he wasn't even in the draft! That's a whole new level of impressive...
I was also able to sign him as a free agent, much as the team did, making my selection not only more accurate than yours but also a better value. I did so without the benefit of being able to grade his final season, which you had, because he hadn't played it yet.

Shall I go on?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #72
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I'm not blaming, I'm reporting.
Yours is..........superior.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #73
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I was also able to sign him as a free agent, much as the team did, making my selection not only more accurate than yours but also a better value. I did so without the benefit of being able to grade his final season, which you had, because he hadn't played it yet.

Shall I go on?
He wasn't in the draft nor supplemental draft..

I took him in the seventh round. I'm good with that.

You took him when he wasn't in the draft which voids anything your talking about. But I'm seriously impressed you had your eye on the kid. Good spot!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #74
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

A couple of things to follow up on. Beadles was a descent LT today. But Clark was pretty menacing at RT and I think he could eventually start. Honestly the lineup they have now would work in the regular season.

Broncoman13 and I were talking and we agree that our receivers, some of our fourth or fifth string receivers could potentially start on other teams (like the jets for example.) Our offensive line, for all the hand wringing, is actually not injured more than a few weeks at several positions and will have really good depth going into the season. The reps that the guys are doing getting moved around is only going to benefit the team should someone go down in the reg season.

Clady was doing a bit of work today with his unit and Kuper has been doing conditioning exercises and is moving quite well (still a little hobble). We'll get a real test against a power defensive front this week and that will tell us if our D-line is really any good or if our scrub offensive linemen are just really bad.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #75
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Really Rev.. He was in the first third of the second round.

But more importantly HE WAS THE HIGHEST RATED AND FIRST SAFETY SELECTED! That's what I was referring to as draft status.

He was also deemed a "Ball Hawking, Impact FS"

He's neither. He's just a solid FS.