The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Rand Paul Sells Out

AUGUST 12, 2013

The Apple Falls Far From the Tree
Rand Paul Sells Out

by RALPH NADER

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/...aul-sells-out/
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I want to see a cage match between Nader and Rand Paul.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
Bacchus

Rand Paul is a fraud.

I have a some Libertarian beliefs and what Rand Paul believes in is not Libertarianism. He is a Republican that is not a Neocon. That is it. If you are a Libertarian you believe in Governemet staying out of your ****.

A true Libertarian does not want the government trying to regulate what a woman does with her body.

When these Libertarians will start getting behind a woman's right to choose than we can talk.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Rand Paul is a fraud.

I have a some Libertarian beliefs and what Rand Paul believes in is not Libertarianism. He is a Republican that is not a Neocon. That is it. If you are a Libertarian you believe in Governemet staying out of your ****.

A true Libertarian does not want the government trying to regulate what a woman does with her body.

When these Libertarians will start getting behind a woman's right to choose than we can talk.
LINO I guess.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Rand Paul is a fraud.

Children have liberties too. At some point they have to come into the equation. Closing your eyes on that doesn't make you a libertarian.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Ron Paul personally believes that life begins at conception like a lot of medical doctors believe. He's a libertarian who's delivered over 4000 babies and he believes in their individual rights too.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Ron Paul personally believes that life begins at conception like a lot of medical doctors believe. He's a libertarian who's delivered over 4000 babies and he believes in their individual rights too.
Why are some babies stillborn?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Why are some babies stillborn?
There are so many possibilities. I'm just showing why Ron Paul is a pro-life libertarian. That's only his personal view. He doesn't think the federal government should ban abortions.

He's cared for thousands of mothers and their children. He's emotionally invested in taking care of both lives. It's an uncommon libertarian stance, but he can back it up with his medical understanding.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Life begins at conception. Sure, that part is easy.

But is that life a human being? This is the important question.

The answer is no. Spiritual authorities (eg., Meher Baba) have told us that the soul does not enter the fetus until the third trimester.

Until then, the fetus is not a person.

We should cease trying to criminalize women who seek abortions.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Spiritual authorities (eg., Meher Baba) have told us that the soul does not enter the fetus until the third trimester.
What's the soul? What's it made of?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
There are so many possibilities. I'm just showing why Ron Paul is a pro-life libertarian. That's only his personal view. He doesn't think the federal government should ban abortions.

He's cared for thousands of mothers and their children. He's emotionally invested in taking care of both lives. It's an uncommon libertarian stance, but he can back it up with his medical understanding.
I find the practice of abortion unsettling, to say the least, but I can't back up that view with any scientific certainty about anything. I just think mankind has a nasty habit of ****ing with things that we don't understand. In that way, our dumb ape comes to the surface.

We conduct abortions, though we don't know what life is. We foul the environment, though we're not sure what the outcome will be, as long as the short term benefits are satisfactory. We **** with DNA, though we have a very limited understanding of it. Hell, we **** with the DNA of our food, not knowing if there will be any long term, or even short term ramifications at all. We're a completely reckless, impulse driven, and for the most part, unconscious species, though we are the only "conscious" species on Earth. Bizarro world, really.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

the soul...

It's mysterious. I'll have to defer to Socrates, Plato and Jesus, who taught that the soul is the part of a human being that is immortal.

A physician actually conducted an experiment to determine if the soul has mass. He weighed six patients before and after death -- and determined that they lost an average of 21 grams at death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)
Old 08-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #13
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Children have liberties too. At some point they have to come into the equation. Closing your eyes on that doesn't make you a libertarian.
Not according to our constitution.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
nyuk nyuk

Not a true Libertardian? Well, thank God. It looks like Paul "Amnesty" Ryan may take his place in that regard.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Considering all cells involved are alive, yes that would be the case. Is it a person at that time? Of course not.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:

The answer is no. Spiritual authorities (eg., Meher Baba) have told us that the soul does not enter the fetus until the third trimester.

It's debatable whether the soul even exists, but let's say that they finally prove the soul does exist. It's still debatable when the soul enters the body. It never works out well when laws are based on what "the spiritual authorities told us"
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's debatable whether the soul even exists, but let's say that they finally prove the soul does exist. It's still debatable when the soul enters the body. It never works out well when laws are based on what "the spiritual authorities told us"
I am not referring to the Church -- which is no spiritual authority.

I refer to Socrates, Plato, Jesus, Muktananda, Amma, Ramakrishna etc.

If you do not know anything about these great spiritual figures, it's your loss.

MHG
Old 08-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
nyuk nyuk

Meher Baba? Oh one of those guys hippies dig. "God is in you." Oh God, I got over that lame phase YEARS ago.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 08-13-2013 at 06:33 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

Really and who told him? Got a link?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Meher Baba? Oh one of those guys hippies dig. "God is in you." Oh God, I got over that lame phase YEARS ago.
All Right Wingers live in a bubble, but yours is particularly small.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #21
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
A physician actually conducted an experiment to determine if the soul has mass. He weighed six patients before and after death -- and determined that they lost an average of 21 grams at death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)
Soul Man

Quote:
MacDougall's results were flawed because the methodology used to harvest them was suspect, the sample size far too small, and the ability to measure changes in weight imprecise. For this reason, credence should not be given to the idea his experiments proved something, let alone that they measured the weight of the soul as 21 grams. His postulations on this topic are a curiosity, but nothing more.
If the soul has weight, then it has mass. If it has mass, then it is made of matter. Of what matter is the soul made? What is its chemical formula? Can it be extracted from the body and examined? Is it affected by heat or cold? Acids or bases? Various kinds of electromagnetic forces?

I'd like to know more, gaffe. Can you present the scientific experiments that have been done upon souls to determine their nature?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #22
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Life begins at conception.

Or maybe before that depending on how you look at things.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-mothers-brain
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Soul Man

If the soul has weight, then it has mass. If it has mass, then it is made of matter. Of what matter is the soul made? What is its chemical formula? Can it be extracted from the body and examined? Is it affected by heat or cold? Acids or bases? Various kinds of electromagnetic forces?

I'd like to know more, gaffe. Can you present the scientific experiments that have been done upon souls to determine their nature?
I will defer you to Amma, whose spiritual attainment is well documented. I suggest you go see her and ask her yourself. Anyone can meet her. She tours regularly and much of her time is spent meeting the public. MHG

www.amma.org
Old 08-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Totally unsupported by the evidence.

Life began about 3.5 billion years ago.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Totally unsupported by the evidence.

Life began about 3.5 billion years ago.