The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Would you blame this on society or parenting?
What's the difference?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Acting out because of little hope for the future is a Marxist canard. I grew up poor, raised by a single mother. We were on welfare. She taught us to be clean and not act like ****. Why is this unreasonable?
Because many poor kids weren't raised by mothers who taught them "to be clean and not act like ****", but instead had mothers who weren't clean and acted like ****. If they even had their mothers in their lives. Is this really that difficult to understand? As bad as you may have had it (even though the plight you mentioned is probably as phony as much of what you say about yourself) there are many who had/have it much worse.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Oh noes! Thugs in the classrooms! Our society is falling apart!



I'm tellin' ya. It's that goddamn rock and roll. It's like a disease! It's communism!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #29
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 56,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Yes but that isn't coming from poverty. What people experience today is NOTHING like what was seen in the Dust Bowl days. I see nobody here living off of tumbleweeds and wild rabbits for years at a time. Back then we had an intact culture and social and familial system that had yet to be undermined.

What you see today is coming from culture rot and the left's endless attempts to delegitimize traditional American society, social structure, values, and familial relations.

Once a young person views those as grotesque, there's that gaping void looking up at you, waiting to be filled with rhetoric.
I wish this situation had a left / right solution but it does not.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #30
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What's the difference?
I hope this is a troll post.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #31
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I wish this situation had a left / right solution but it does not.
Its cause is very left-wing, whether people like to think of that or not. The right have not invested decades into undermining American society from the top down.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #32
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm tellin' ya. It's that goddamn rock and roll. It's like a disease! It's communism!
Music in and of itself isn't a disease. If a type of music intentionally creates a social scene that promotes poor values, such as we see today, then that's another story.

Some of the worst values for whatever odd reason are being promoted in hip hop and rap. How can anyone say those negative messages aren't impacting the minds of the young? We need to start enforcing obscenity laws.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #33
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I hope this is a troll post.
No, not really. Parenting, literally and figuratively, is a big part of society. Probably the most important thing it does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #34
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Its cause is very left-wing, whether people like to think of that or not. The right have not invested decades into undermining American society from the top down.
You're not doing much for American traditional values on this family open board with that avatar of yours. Somewhat immoral, don't you think? BTW, I used to know that guy when he was Jerry Rivers in L.A. Man! Was he a Lefty back then! He made his name uncovering the corruption and abuse in mental hospitals. He helped to drive the movement that emptied our mental hospitals into the streets.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #35
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 56,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
All I can say is, it's obviously been a long time since you've been around any young people. What an irrational train load of bull****.
This is not a disease it is a symptom of a disease.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #36
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Because many poor kids weren't raised by mothers who taught them "to be clean and not act like ****", but instead had mothers who weren't clean and acted like ****. If they even had their mothers in their lives. Is this really that difficult to understand? As bad as you may have had it (even though the plight you mentioned is probably as phony as much of what you say about yourself) there are many who had/have it much worse.
Of course because I'm secretly a silver spooner that lives in Cherry Hills Village between John Elway and Peyton Manning. You don't like my views, therefore I probably haven't suffered much of anything in life. I totally understand.

There's another issue that opens up here. Again, it wasn't members of the political right who have spent the last several decades attacking people who spoke up about poor behavior and told them to "mind their ****ing business." So now people in communities who used to scold neighborhood children and report them for misbehavior do nothing, and those with poor supervision at home have none of the street.

You gotta love that political left.

As far as kids with ****ty parents go, as adults it's on them and nobody else to question their values and observe themselves for mistakes in their perception and attitudes. If they don't bother and blindly continue going along with some perception of life they picked up as a 12 year old, they have nobody to blame but themselves.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #37
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You're not doing much for American traditional values on this family open board with that avatar of yours. Somewhat immoral, don't you think? BTW, I used to know that guy when he was Jerry Rivers in L.A. Man! Was he a Lefty back then! He made his name uncovering the corruption and abuse in mental hospitals. He helped to drive the movement that emptied our mental hospitals into the streets.
Because a gag avatar actually has that much meaning. He's still a lefty. He's still a moonbat, and as you can see by the avatar, he's still a joke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #38
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No, not really. Parenting, literally and figuratively, is a big part of society. Probably the most important thing it does.
Parents and society are two different things. It matters because of the tendency of some to blame society for personally ****ty behavior.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Music in and of itself isn't a disease. If a type of music intentionally creates a social scene that promotes poor values, such as we see today, then that's another story.

Some of the worst values for whatever odd reason are being promoted in hip hop and rap. How can anyone say those negative messages aren't impacting the minds of the young? We need to start enforcing obscenity laws.
You think hip hop is Lefty? You're a little confused, aren't you? Hip hop is totally materialistic.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #40
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 56,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You think hip hop is Lefty? You're a little confused, aren't you? Hip hop is totally materialistic.
and you think 'lefty' isn't?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #41
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
and you think 'lefty' isn't?
Not by my definition. Of course, the meaning of a word like "materialistic" is completely subjective. Would Buddha's definition be the same as Thoreau's? After all, Thoreau had a cabin.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #42
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,420
Default

The OP is a troll. As are all the comments from the right-wing knuckle-dragging trogs.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #43
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You think hip hop is Lefty? You're a little confused, aren't you? Hip hop is totally materialistic.
Hip hop and rap - the modern version at least - is full of socially immoral, destructive behavior and promotes such. Not left, as in anticapitalist left, not that far left. Liberal as in lockstep Democrats? Nearly always, yes. With very, very little exception.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #44
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
The OP is a troll. As are all the comments from the right-wing knuckle-dragging trogs.
It has to be, you don't like them. Therefore all comments are invalid because you have declared them such. Wow, you're a smart cookie, brah.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #45
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Parents and society are two different things. It matters because of the tendency of some to blame society for personally ****ty behavior.
We're talking about widespread anarchy in schools here. That's not a mark against each individual, but on society at large.

Failing societies produce failing parents. That's not to take each individual off the hook in any way. But at some point you have to look at the patterns and say that there's more to it than just a few individuals' poor choices. As a team, we're failing. And there are no easy answers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #46
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We're talking about widespread anarchy in schools here. That's not a mark against each individual, but on society at large.

Failing societies produce failing parents. That's not to take each individual off the hook in any way. But at some point you have to look at the patterns and say that there's more to it than just a few individuals' poor choices. As a team, we're failing. And there are no easy answers.
Ah but even before such behavior became epidemic, society was still being blamed for juvenile delinquency. I've seen some of it on this forum in the past couple days. Society "makes" people go bonkers and criminalistic because they're poor, to copy an old Marxist canard which teaches that abolishing capitalism we can abolish the jails.

There are widespread failings in family values which are causing social failures, yes, I don't doubt that. But to say society itself is at fault for these behaviors, I do not accept. As I have pointed out here and have been demonized before, a parent in the home - I don't care if man or woman - teaching values to the children on a close contact basis is far superior than to dropping a kid off at daycare where all they care about is that little Johnny doesn't stick his finger in a light socket while he internalizes garbage from the television. Part of that, in my humble opinion, is a result of mass immigration lowering American wages forcing two parents to work while at the same time other well-paying jobs like manufacturing are being sent overseas. Overall incomes are down since the 70s and here we are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #47
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
It has to be, you don't like them. Therefore all comments are invalid because you have declared them such. Wow, you're a smart cookie, brah.
You and the other trogs are just trying to excuse your anti-black racism, without the honesty of wearing the pointy white hoods. In a sick way, that makes you even more contemptible than the blatant bigots.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #48
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Overall incomes are down since the 70s and here we are.
Only the working poor and the middle class incomes are down since the Right achieved ideological supremacy.

Exactly as intended.

Look in the ****ing mirror, pud.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #49
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Hip hop and rap - the modern version at least - is full of socially immoral, destructive behavior and promotes such. Not left, as in anticapitalist left, not that far left. Liberal as in lockstep Democrats? Nearly always, yes. With very, very little exception.
Hair Bands were heavy drinking, heavy drugging and promiscous group of sex pots who reached the Kids of the 80's... are they immoral as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #50
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Hair Bands were heavy drinking, heavy drugging and promiscous group of sex pots who reached the Kids of the 80's... are they immoral as well?
Hip hop was an example. Not the only group doing it. It also includes 60s counterculture rock and 70s hippies. Why would I exclude others doing it? The crap in modern hip hop far outweighs most garbage previous to it. Before then, I don't know of anyone glamorizing street gang life.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Denver Broncos