The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #101
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
So, now we're going from "It's the black peoples' fault" to "It's the brown peoples' fault."
Both the Clinton and Obama administrations have released reports stating the negative impact of mass migration on working class American wages. I guess in your eyes, then, Clinton and Obama "blame the brown people."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
None of this has dick to do with the topic of this thread or the facts of the previous relative health of the black family in comparison to today. That being said, how was the modern massive black out of wedlock birth rate "born in slavery or Jim Crow"? Clearly you're full of it. Clearly even more that in the same span of time, out of wedlock birth rates for all races in this country - including whites - has increased.

I don't think it's unfair of me to expect people to look in the mirror before pointing fingers at others and blaming society, but unfortunately, liberals in general react in anger whenever I have the audacity to suggest such a thing.

If you wish to focus on the economic health of the American worker, I've already posted two US government sources - from liberal US administrations - discussing how poor border control and massive immigration of even legal unskilled workers is undercutting American working class wages. Want to help these people out? Stop importing cheaper replacements so they can have a job and have one paying at a higher rate in a job market that doesn't have artificially deflated wages due to the massive influx of cheaper labor that Americans can't compete with.

Capitalism is one thing. Unethical, predatory capitalism is another.
Those at the top are having no problems whatsoever. In fact, since this recession hit, their incomes have gone up - some as much as 21%. CEO pay has increased by 400% in the last thirty years. Workers' pay has either held steady in single percentage growth numbers or declined. First we look at the microcosm. Than we look at the macrocosm. I have no problems with that. You seem to get hysterical about it. Of course, you've always been the drama llama, eh?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #103
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Both the Clinton and Obama administrations have released reports stating the negative impact of mass migration on working class American wages. I guess in your eyes, then, Clinton and Obama "blame the brown people."
Hey. Maybe you're right. Since the only jobs America can produce anymore are in hotel service and fast food, we might have a problem here. And since Clinton is probably more responsible than any one man for sending so many of America's good jobs offshore, I imagine he'd like to divert attention away. He was always a master at that.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #104
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hey. Maybe you're right. Since the only jobs America can produce anymore are in hotel service and fast food, we might have a problem here. And since Clinton is probably more responsible than any one man for sending so many of America's good jobs offshore, I imagine he'd like to divert attention away. He was always a master at that.
Both parties have conspired to do it as they are both conspiring to bring tidal waves of unskilled labor here which Americans are having difficulty competing with. However it is now that the GOP is actually doing a better service for unskilled American workers as they are the main force against amnesty.

What would Detroit be today if car manufacturing hadn't moved to Mexico?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #105
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Those at the top are having no problems whatsoever. In fact, since this recession hit, their incomes have gone up - some as much as 21%. CEO pay has increased by 400% in the last thirty years. Workers' pay has either held steady in single percentage growth numbers or declined. First we look at the microcosm. Than we look at the macrocosm. I have no problems with that. You seem to get hysterical about it. Of course, you've always been the drama llama, eh?
I understand that but we aren't importing millions of CEOs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #106
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I understand that but we aren't importing millions of CEOs.
Face the facts: Two and a half billion people reside in India and China. Slightly over 300 million reside in the U.S., just over ten percent. Global corporatism is abandoning America, and its workforce, to cater to the needs of those much larger populations. That's where the money is. That's why they keep raking in more and more as the American worker falls farther and farther behind; Their investment base is internationalized. And soon, it will probably be tax free.

Since they also happen to own the U.S. government, the economic policies they write and hand over to their government lackies for implementation are designed to enable the success of this strategy. A major facet of this strategy is reducing the American labor force to the same level of China's and India's. And they don't give a **** whether you are of African, Mexican or European descent.

And what are the Chinese doing with all that American wealth being shoveled into their coffers? Why, they're buying up America, piece by piece.

In a December 2012 report, the committee said that it "judges with moderate confidence that there is likely a coordinated strategy among one or more foreign governments or companies to acquire U.S. companies involved in research, development, or production of critical technologies for which the United States is a leading producer." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/money...ry?id=19347795

In other words, Americans are being sold out. Think of the black community as the canary in the coal mine. Like the video shows, as the income inequality climbs the process of ghetto-ization expands outward. Since America already has the worst income inequality in the industrialized world, how much farther can it go?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #107
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Perfect example here. Thomas Sowell grew up in Harlem in the 1940s and attended college in which people in his very poor neighborhood likewise attended college and was coming out doctors, lawyers, etc. He addresses reasons for this and why today it is different.

This is a far more involved issue than simply laying the usual "legacy of slavery" narrative on it and blaming society.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #108
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Face the facts: Two and a half billion people reside in India and China. Slightly over 300 million reside in the U.S., just over ten percent. Global corporatism is abandoning America, and its workforce, to cater to the needs of those much larger populations. That's where the money is. That's why they keep raking in more and more as the American worker falls farther and farther behind; Their investment base is internationalized. And soon, it will probably be tax free.
I disagree here. American buying power is still far higher and the abandonment of the US is due to ultracheap labor overseas from which massive profits can be extracted. Nike is a perfect example. Those countries with little exception are quite poor and as such have far less buying power than we do. What they DO have is a ****load of desperate people ripe to be exploited. And yes, international investment in these countries tends to be near tax free or tax free with much less environmental or worker protection, thus making it even more lucrative.

I believe in capitalism BUT I do not believe in unethical, unpatriotic predatory capitalism.


Quote:
Since they also happen to own the U.S. government, the economic policies they write and hand over to their government lackies for implementation are designed to enable the success of this strategy. A major facet of this strategy is reducing the American labor force to the same level of China's and India's. And they don't give a **** whether you are of African, Mexican or European descent.
I don't think they own the government but I do think there needs to be massive reforms in the lobbying business in this country. All too many American politicians are on friendly terms with the Chicoms. I'm not even sure where to draw the line on all this. I think on an ethical level for reasons of loyalty to US workers and as a moral stand against a repressive Marxist regime should disinvest from China, but at the same time, our government is not known to control industry, either, and doing so can be very dangerous.


Quote:
And what are the Chinese doing with all that American wealth being shoveled into their coffers? Why, they're buying up America, piece by piece.
Yes business in China to my understanding is basically governmental enterprises with top-level bigwigs in the government living lavishly off the profits produced by average Chinese who make very little. China is turning into an environmental disaster due to the lack of protections and protesters of such projects are often met with military force.

Quote:
In a December 2012 report, the committee said that it "judges with moderate confidence that there is likely a coordinated strategy among one or more foreign governments or companies to acquire U.S. companies involved in research, development, or production of critical technologies for which the United States is a leading producer." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/money...ry?id=19347795
Doesn't surprise me. They've long engaged in industrial espionage, hacking, etc. One thing Marx said was true: The capitalist will sell you the rope for which you'll hang him with. This is what happens when intelligent means to defend our economic and military infrastructure are being abandoned or neglected. And it'll undoubtedly only get worse. An unregulated economic free for all is not only unethical, it's also suicidal.

Quote:
In other words, Americans are being sold out. Think of the black community as the canary in the coal mine. Like the video shows, as the income inequality climbs the process of ghetto-ization expands outward. Since America already has the worst income inequality in the industrialized world, how much farther can it go?
Yes we are being sold out and black Americans are being hit the hardest. Income inequality in and of itself isn't evil, but I think rather the way it has come about. Someone with no education should not make as much money as someone with a graduate degree, but at the same time we should not be seeing people lose jobs to cheaper foreign labor or outsourcing, either, and there is no way to stop this without government controlling the economy so we are basically ****ed, I think.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Denver Broncos