The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #76
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You're going to suspend someone for saying something offensive? I don't agree with that.
I could care less, if anything it should only be a one game suspension. It would probably be best for Cooper if he was suspended one game that way he will have been punished and did his time. If they let him skate on it then people might be looking for payback. Either way too bad Hard Knocks isn't in Philadelphia!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
You are full of ****. And why would you LOVE LOVE LOVE it?

I'm totally against that word and never allowed it in my house. My boys are not white but they also are not black and while playing in groups they often used that word to friends and around strangers in conversations. Nothing ever happened. I hate any form of the word and feel the blacks degrade themselves while using the "endearing A form". They've made it seem acceptable. It's not.

#IDIOT
you need to read his post again...

He was saying basically what you just said....that the word will be taken as derogatory even if the word ends in "a"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #78
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

He was saying basically what you just said....that the word will be taken as derogatory even if the word ends in "a"
Lol! Scary to think that we drive next to these people everyday...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #79
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I could care less, if anything it should only be a one game suspension. It would probably be best for Cooper if he was suspended one game that way he will have been punished and did his time. If they let him skate on it then people might be looking for payback. Either way too bad Hard Knocks isn't in Philadelphia!!!
No doubt! If only they were on hard knocks!
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #80
lolcopter

any suspension would be ludicrous, a fine would fall right in line with typical nfl punishments for stupidity
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #81
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You may need to clean your ears,but feel free to ask the next time you hear ****a used.
How do you know that it is me that is hearing it wrong. Maybe the people I heard just didn't know they were supposed to use the *ar instead or the *er, and I heard right all along and I don't have to clean my ears out or ask someone.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #82
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

This guy was so good in the first Hangover too...damn.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #83
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

People shouldn't be suspended for what they say by the league. If the team wants to do something, fine. But saying a rude word isn't illegal. The teams should be responsible of their own PR stuff if what a player is doing isn't illegal. They can make in-house rules and include profanity in their list of punishable offenses. But the league suspending someone because they said something mean? That's ridiculous.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #84
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
People shouldn't be suspended for what they say by the league. If the team wants to do something, fine. But saying a rude word isn't illegal. The teams should be responsible of their own PR stuff if what a player is doing isn't illegal. They can make in-house rules and include profanity in their list of punishable offenses. But the league suspending someone because they said something mean? That's ridiculous.
Suggs didn't even get suspended for dragging his GF outside of a moving car yet this guy should be suspended for saying a hurtful word.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 07-31-2013 at 10:33 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #85
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Why is this even on ESPN and why is this a thread? Is there no better things to talk about on ESPN than one racist ****tard?
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #86
Blighty

Hopefully he gets cut and no-one is stupid enough to sign him so his career will be shot to pieces. Better than league intervention.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #87
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Of course you're not black..you're just a self flagellating limp wristed wannabe and I'd LOVE-LOVE-LOVE to watch you say that word in public around people of African descent and then while dodging body blows and uppercuts listening to you scream "..but I ended it with an 'A' not 'er'!!!"

Or maybe you could bust out your breakdance moves to show you're qualified to use the word...but only if it ends in an 'a' of course....

#CLOWN
you don't know **** about me,or my friends. You're just pissed that you can't use the word ****er as freely on this board as you would when you are at one of your Klan rallies.

Last edited by peacepipe; 08-01-2013 at 05:34 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #88
lolcopter

Quote:
Some things shouldn't be tolerated, the N word being one of them.
Quote:
That's cause no one is saying ****er,they're saying ****a. I'm not black & I say ****a without any issues cause of the context and everybody knowing me.
seriously shut the **** up hippie

Last edited by lolcopter; 08-01-2013 at 05:52 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #89
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I didn't care at first just thinking he was using it in a slang manner..but after watching the video I was a little less confident in that....it sounded as if he meant a group of black people, not just a bunch of other people
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #90
Shananahan

Words are just words. We should be thankful that Riley Cooper has made us aware of his mental deficiencies and leave it at that.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #91
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I hope Micheal Vick can somehow allow himself to forgive Riley Cooper for his hurtful words.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #92
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

I got that and I do think it's derogatory. What he was saying is that blacks would pummel a white guy saying it around a crowd of blacks and that he would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see that. I was pointing out he wasn't entirely accurate. But then again having read many of his posts, that isn't difficult to believe.

And dude doesn't drive anywhere near me. Hell I didn't even know he was old enough for a license or that they gave people like him a license.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #93
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #94
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I love the Mane when it comes to racial issues. It's the DRC injury overblown reaction applied to race.

How about we just outlaw the spoken word.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #95
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I don't think that he should be suspended. I would call him a racist for what he said, but the NFL should not police that.

It's more than just the word that he used. If he had said "black" instead of "*igger," it would still be a racial issue, because why did he want to fight black people that night? What was his issue that night with black people to make him want to beat up every one of them, which would mostly be people who did nothing to him?

The guy was so pissed off that he went to the N word. The guy on some level has some racial issues.

As for the use of the slang version of the word, unfortunately it has become a term of endearment among black people. It is extremely illogical, but that is what it has become. It's similar to women calling each other "*itch" without an issue when used in a certain context, but a man couldn't do that in any context. It would always be viewed as a negative. People within a certain race or group can make racial jokes about their own people or use certain terms that people outside of that race or group cannot. That does not logically justify it, but that is what it is.

Personally, I cringe every time I hear a black person freely use the word "*igga" in public, around other races. To me it makes us look bad as a race. I'm not going to lie, I've used the word. Unfortunately it has become a part of "black English." I didn't use the word much, but I was always mindful about who I was around if I did you that word. I'd only say it in the company of other black people. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #96
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I don't think that he should be suspended. I would call him a racist for what he said, but the NFL should not police that.

It's more than just the word that he used. If he had said "black" instead of "*igger," it would still be a racial issue, because why did he want to fight black people that night? What was his issue that night with black people to make him want to beat up every one of them, which would mostly be people who did nothing to him?

The guy was so pissed off that he went to the N word. The guy on some level has some racial issues.

As for the use of the slang version of the word, unfortunately it has become a term of endearment among black people. It is extremely illogical, but that is what it has become. It's similar to women calling each other "*itch" without an issue when used in a certain context, but a man couldn't do that in any context. It would always be viewed as a negative. People within a certain race or group can make racial jokes about their own people or use certain terms that people outside of that race or group cannot. That does not logically justify it, but that is what it is.

Personally, I cringe every time I hear a black person freely use the word "*igga" in public, around other races. To me it makes us look bad as a race. I'm not going to lie, I've used the word. Unfortunately it has become a part of "black English." I didn't use the word much, but I was always mindful about who I was around if I did you that word. I'd only say it in the company of other black people. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.
I reserve the N word for th gingers. They usually just think I'm trying to be ironic, but I'm really trying to start a race war.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #97
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What if, right before Riley said that, some people with brown skin yelled out, "Get off da stage, crakka! We ****as wanna see us some Jay-Z all up in dis piece!" and Riley was so offended that he just couldn't hold back? What then? For ****'s sake, this board is a waste of bandwidth most days.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #98
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
What if, right before Riley said that, some people with brown skin yelled out, "Get off da stage, crakka! We ****as wanna see us some Jay-Z all up in dis piece!" and Riley was so offended that he just couldn't hold back? What then?
..... the same conversation would be taking place?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #99
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am just shocked and appalled that someone who attended the University of Florida would ever stoop to such vile hatred or harbor such deep-seeded ignorance.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #100
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

If there were cellphone cameras in the 90s, we'd probably have 1,000 vids like this of Romonowski
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote