The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #226
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I have to go with Txtebow on this one. He was posting about where the media was covering this murder(s) and you jump to it being a hate crime and saying blacks are sociopaths or psychos. Nowhere does he claim it (or Nyuk). He just wants the same coverage as the Zimmerman case or cases like it.
A lot of TX's criticism is about selective media coverage to promote a certain racial narrative, and in that he is totally correct. This couple is one of literally countless examples of such a thing. The national cable news media - to a man - ignored the largest hate crime spree in Denver history because the victims were nearly all white.

You think that was an accident?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #227
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
txtebow's Avatar
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
A lot of TX's criticism is about selective media coverage to promote a certain racial narrative, and in that he is totally correct. This couple is one of literally countless examples of such a thing. The national cable news media - to a man - ignored the largest hate crime spree in Denver history because the victims were nearly all white.

You think that was an accident?
Precisely. What other sub culture other than poor,African American gangster culture is embraced and apologized for by such a large extent of the media and popular culture? answer: NO other subculture.

Nobody in the media is apologizing for the white trash meth lab cultivating sub culture of Appalachia as having lived oppressed lives and therefore their choice for a course in life is excusable. And further, that culture is not EMBRACED like the gangster black culture is via music and movies where even suburbia has been infected by that filth because of a media empire that chooses to glamorize it. Our media and culture is doing a disservice to ALL AMERICANS but especially AA's by holding them to a lesser standard than European americans...
txtebow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #228
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Precisely. What other sub culture other than poor,African American gangster culture is embraced and apologized for by such a large extent of the media and popular culture? answer: NO other subculture.

Nobody in the media is apologizing for the white trash meth lab cultivating sub culture of Appalachia as having lived oppressed lives and therefore their choice for a course in life is excusable. And further, that culture is not EMBRACED like the gangster black culture is via music and movies where even suburbia has been infected by that filth because of a media empire that chooses to glamorize it. Our media and culture is doing a disservice to ALL AMERICANS but especially AA's by holding them to a lesser standard than European americans...
I think it's even worse than that. How can you say you let a certain group off with lowered standards and expectations like that and say you aren't exercising racism against them?

Get this novel idea: Liberal whites need to stop buzzing around black people trying to "fix" them and leave them alone like they would any other group of adults and allow them to conduct their own affairs like everyone else.

God forbid!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #229
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
txtebow's Avatar
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I think it's even worse than that. How can you say you let a certain group off with lowered standards and expectations like that and say you aren't exercising racism against them?

Get this novel idea: Liberal whites need to stop buzzing around black people trying to "fix" them and leave them alone like they would any other group of adults and allow them to conduct their own affairs like everyone else.

God forbid!
spot on.
txtebow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #230
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
A lot of TX's criticism is about selective media coverage to promote a certain racial narrative, and in that he is totally correct. This couple is one of literally countless examples of such a thing. The national cable news media - to a man - ignored the largest hate crime spree in Denver history because the victims were nearly all white.

You think that was an accident?
Actually, the worst race riot in Denver's history was in 1887 and was between Swedish, Polish and Hungarian immigrants. Before that, there was the Hop Alley anti-Chinese riot in 1880 where whites tried to burn out the Chinese and hung a few of them before they were stopped.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #231
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Actually, the worst race riot in Denver's history was in 1887 and was between Swedish, Polish and Hungarian immigrants. Before that, there was the Hop Alley anti-Chinese riot in 1880 where whites tried to burn out the Chinese and hung a few of them before they were stopped.
I said hate crime spree, not a single short riot. Over 50 attacks including at least one murder. Television news didn't exist in 1887. That excuse doesn't cut it today.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #232
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #233
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
txtebow's Avatar
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
thank you. Now where's the national outrage?
txtebow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #234
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Cary Williams just threw down his helmet and went after Cooper in practice
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #235
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

What % of total crimes are hate crimes??
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #236
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Cary Williams just threw down his helmet and went after Cooper in practice
Yup, and Vick broke up the dog fight...

Here's the video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?ref=topbar

Last edited by TonyR; 09-05-2013 at 10:58 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #237
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
txtebow's Avatar
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, and Vick broke up the dog fight...

Here's the video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?ref=topbar
"the "dog fight"? Really?
txtebow is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Denver Broncos