The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #126
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
it was said all off season that the coaches were rotating young guys into the starting line up to get them reps. Fox saying that means nothing.
Thankfully John Fox has you around to explain his own depth chart to him.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #127
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
KC fans are laughing at this. Talking about how Poe is going to have a career game against him. That should be like two tackles.
kFc moved him from G to C midseason and after watching Cassell fumble one of his snaps you could see the slow burn on his face. He looked like a player that was drained of any life near the end of the season. He was their best, healthiest, OLmen last year.

I like the pickup, he is only 31 and will be solid depth.

kFc fans are mad that he wanted off a crappy franchise.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #128
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I took very minor liberties, more of an artistic license really.

Careful, you can get your ass kicked like that ... ask any of the guys who've been around here awhile, you do NOT want to screw with me.





Right there was your first mistake ... correcting me like I was your b**** or something.

So I rep you, "Hey Skippy! If I want you're frickin' opinion I'll spam it out of you!"

And instead of learning his lesson, Jim "Mr. Magoo" Bacchus blindly stepped in it even deeper ....





I'm doin' a slow burn over here ...

On one hand, you got a beatin' coming ... but on the other hand you signed up in the middle of the Tebow win streak, so you probably have enough problems as it is.
HAHA ok now that is a much better rep than whaat you initially posted.

You however did not say that in your rep. All you said was, "maybe let me ask my own question?"

No Skippy or anything else, but it was a cool story bro!!

Last edited by Bacchus; 07-31-2013 at 09:01 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #129
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

What?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #130
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Is this about Chris Simms again?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #131
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Thankfully John Fox has you around to explain his own depth chart to him.
actions speak louder than words. if they were comfortable with Man Ram as the starter they would have stood pat or made a slight trade for depth.
instead they asked a guy to come out of retirement and before that re-signed Koppen.

just because Fox says it doesn't mean he's telling the truth.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #132
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
actions speak louder than words. if they were comfortable with Man Ram as the starter they would have stood pat or made a slight trade for depth.
instead they asked a guy to come out of retirement and before that re-signed Koppen.

just because Fox says it doesn't mean he's telling the truth.
All they did was sign a guy to replace Koppen. Who said he is going to start ahead of Ramirez and how is signing him more desperate that making a trade for someone? Sending a 7th round pick is way more desperate than just signing a guy off the street.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #133
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Is this about Chris Simms again?
See this here? This is what I have to deal with Bacchus ... jealousy, plain and simple. Chris and I had something real. So now whenever they feel threatened - by me - when I get close to new people - like you - they throw the Simms stuff in my face. As if we have to explain ourselves. To them. Or 'look at me I coordinate' Kyle.

Don't sweat it, we'll talk later.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #134
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
See this here? This is what I have to deal with Bacchus ... jealousy, plain and simple. Chris and I had something real. So now whenever they feel threatened - by me - when I get close to new people - like you - they throw the Simms stuff in my face. As if we have to explain ourselves. To them. Or 'look at me I coordinate' Kyle.

Don't sweat it, we'll talk later.
You wouldn't get so much flack if you hadn't gone and put that 8" SIMMS" tattoo across your chest.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #135
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
it was said all off season that the coaches were rotating young guys into the starting line up to get them reps. Fox saying that means nothing.
Yeah the reports from reporters in OTA's had Ramirez at C. And Koppen wasn't even on the team. A week before camp when Walton's health took a turn for the worst they signed Koppen. Every media outlet - and the fans - confirmed that Ramirez was the first team center the first day of training camp and has remained so.

So Koppen was probably not supposed to start.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #136
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Il feel left out of the chest tattoo club.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #137
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah the reports from reporters in OTA's had Ramirez at C. And Koppen wasn't even on the team. A week before camp when Walton's health took a turn for the worst they signed Koppen. Every media outlet - and the fans - confirmed that Ramirez was the first team center the first day of training camp and has remained so.

So Koppen was probably not supposed to start.
I have no doubt in my mind once Walton was done for the season and Koppen was signed, the Broncos planned for him to start the regular season.

Teams often start guys with limited experience at positions where nobody has outright won the job or an older vet has won the job but its beneficial for them to rest. Koppen wore down as the season went along last season. Resting him this early in camp was a good idea. Sure, Ramirez was the "starter", but so was Bruton to open camp.

What coaches and media outlets get fed this time a year has to be taken with some salt, but only 1 grain. We have to be able to use the knowledge we have as fans to decipher all the (mis)information.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #138
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

we clearly need a grain of salt smiley
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #139
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
we clearly need a grain of salt smiley
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #140
colorado jones
Pro Bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
You wouldn't get so much flack if you hadn't gone and put that 8" SIMMS" tattoo across your chest.
#schwagtastic
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #141
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
I have no doubt in my mind once Walton was done for the season and Koppen was signed, the Broncos planned for him to start the regular season.

Teams often start guys with limited experience at positions where nobody has outright won the job or an older vet has won the job but its beneficial for them to rest. Koppen wore down as the season went along last season. Resting him this early in camp was a good idea. Sure, Ramirez was the "starter", but so was Bruton to open camp.

What coaches and media outlets get fed this time a year has to be taken with some salt, but only 1 grain. We have to be able to use the knowledge we have as fans to decipher all the (mis)information.


That is why i am not overly concerned with the signing of Lilja.




Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #142
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
See this here? This is what I have to deal with Bacchus ... jealousy, plain and simple. Chris and I had something real. So now whenever they feel threatened - by me - when I get close to new people - like you - they throw the Simms stuff in my face. As if we have to explain ourselves. To them. Or 'look at me I coordinate' Kyle.

Don't sweat it, we'll talk later.
Yeah Colbert, I see nothing. I have no idea what the Chris Simms referance is about. I do think you probably derseve and even welcome the ribbing you get.

What is this love referance between you and Chris Simms? Was it serious? Did he leave his girlfriend for you!?!?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #143
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Trade Bubba Caldwell and Tony Carter for someone.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #144
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Trade Bubba Caldwell and Tony Carter for someone.

49ers CB Chris Culliver was carted off the practice field Thursday with a potentially serious left knee injury.

The 49ers will work out free agent WR Austin Collie again Thursday.

Send them there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #145
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Caldwell and Carter for Tank Carradine plz.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #146
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Caldwell and Carter for Tank Carradine plz.
might work in madden :shrug:
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #147
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
might work in madden :shrug:
Bubba's real fast
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #148
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #149
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Doesn't look too small... good news.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #150
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Broncos an Opportunity Lilja Couldn’t Pass Up

“Only took a day of mulling over and talking with my wife and figuring out if this was something for us – 24 hours later, I was on a flight, so, here I am,” Lilja said. “This was just too good an opportunity for me to pass up, to come out here and play with these guys.”

“You know, that was a big part of me coming back,” Lilja said of his history with Manning. “(Denver) is a special team. It’s a special offense. I picture being in the huddle and that’s a cool place to be. You feel pretty good in there, you feel pretty confident. And I haven’t felt that way in a few years. It was enticing for me.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...a-30ed6b103bfa
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Denver Broncos