The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #26
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
This is exactly what I did when I found out I had diabetes. All of it.

It was unbelievable how fast I lost weight and took my AC1 to 5.2 which is not having diabetes. I have a day each week where I treat myself to old favorites at a restaurant or just something like chips with guacamole. I don't miss sodas I used to drink at all but when I crave some fizz I drink Fresca which doesn't have the diet crap in it, don't miss sugary desserts. When I do have something like that it's a small piece because a big piece is just too much. Diabetes is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.
I do give my myself one day off a week, just like you. But after amending my initial change in regular diet by also eliminating all starches like flour, breads, pasta, rice and beans, I have found that I no longer crave those starchy or sweet foods. In fact my palate is more sensitive to sweets and their detection in foods I eat.

Now if I could only quit drinking wine in the evening with my dinner, damn you !
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #27
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
I do give my myself one day off a week, just like you. But after amending my initial change in regular diet by also eliminating all starches like flour, breads, pasta, rice and beans, I have found that I no longer crave those starchy or sweet foods. In fact my palate is more sensitive to sweets and their detection in foods I eat.

Now if I could only quit drinking wine in the evening with my dinner, damn you !
You can not over estimate how important this part is. Refined grains is the biggest addiction in the world.

Everyone should go a week without refined grains just to see what cravings they have. I guarantee most will be looking for that hunk of bread or plate of pasta with overwhelming desire.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #28
W*GS
Ring of Famer

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #29
sutoazul
Independently Owned

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Baja,
I would like to know what your diet is for a week.
sutoazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #30
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutoazul View Post
Baja,
Bile with heavy helpings of fear.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #31
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutoazul View Post
Baja,
It is mostly raw local, organic. Green drinks, fruit, raw pâté, nuts.

This is close;
http://thegardendiet.com/
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You can not over estimate how important this part is. Refined grains is the biggest addiction in the world.

Everyone should go a week without refined grains just to see what cravings they have. I guarantee most will be looking for that hunk of bread or plate of pasta with overwhelming desire.
Once I learned about the glycemic index and turned off/lowered intake of foods that spike my blood glucose fastest and highest, the hunger and cravings went away. My energy level also stabilized regardless if I had eaten or not. Before I would really feel the highs and lows before and after eating, drinking diet soda's just compounded the problem.

Read somewhere that in physics a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, regardless of source, but in human biology the source of the calorie really matters, i.e. your body will react differently to you consuming 100 calories in broccoli to 100 calories in white bread.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #33
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Once I learned about the glycemic index and turned off/lowered intake of foods that spike my blood glucose fastest and highest, the hunger and cravings went away. My energy level also stabilized regardless if I had eaten or not. Before I would really feel the highs and lows before and after eating, drinking diet soda's just compounded the problem.

Read somewhere that in physics a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, regardless of source, but in human biology the source of the calorie really matters, i.e. your body will react differently to you consuming 100 calories in broccoli to 100 calories in white bread.

This is so important. Surprising how this has been missed.

It's like saying any internal combustion machine can use wood, coal, propane, grease, gas, diesel, alcohol, ethanol since they all provide energy when burned there is no difference. Obviously you would not put diesel in you gas powered car well the body is affected differently by different foods.

Dwell on this;

"YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT"
Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #34
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I had lemon chipotle Walleye. I am a sweet and spicy fish.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #35
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I had lemon chipotle Walleye. I am a sweet and spicy fish.
You must eat a ton of Beef JERK-y